Annie

Byron Cardwell Signs with CAL.

I was sad to see him go.  I know we're loaded at RB now, but I thought he looked fantastic last year and was set to be our top back.  I think he's going to be great for Cal. 

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

No hard feelings. Byron will always be a Duck in my eyes. He did well for us when we wanted him. The new staff just never really seemed to want him. I wish him well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Wish him well. He'll be a good 1-2 RB combination with Ott.

Edited by EastBayDuckDad
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/23/2022 at 9:57 AM, MikeJ said:

I was sad to see him go.  I know we're loaded at RB now, but I thought he looked fantastic last year and was set to be our top back.  I think he's going to be great for Cal. 

Dittos.  Oregon will have to deal with him because despite the recruiting woes of Cal, Justin Wilcox will have this kid competing for Pac-12 honors before he's done collegiately.  Cardwell's transfer was a perfect example of too many, too good in the same RB room.  Again, I wish these young men would select a school in a different conference.

Well I wish him well. After a very promising freshman year his roll was limited by some really good transfers. 

I didn't see his roll increasing considerably next year and he's too good to be seated on the bench. 

Hope he does well at Cal until they play the Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 2

I’m surprised that Cardwell selected Cal but wish him the best, except for when he plays Oregon. He is a talented running back and I hope he is able to showcase it at Cal. 

• Thumbs Up 1