Charles Fischer

Oregon Interested in Arkansas Defensive Back Portal Transfer: Talented, But...

Whoa.  Look at the background on this portal transfer who just entered....and Oregon made immediate contact.  But he has had the last two seasons cut short by shoulder injuries?

That is the risk of the portal.  (Their Justin Flowe?)

ARKANSASRAZORBACKS.COM

2022 Phil Steele Preseason First-Team All-America 2022 Phil Steele Preseason First-Team All-SEC 2021 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll 2021 Preseason Second-Team All-American (AP)...

At least Morris was right about Catalon

Mr. FishDuck

Their is talent for sure but comes with great risk. Built like a wrecking ball and probably way he gets injured.

Just the type of player we need about 3 of.....I think you have to take a shot here.  Heck, keep him on IRL until December so we have him for UW, Utah and OSU

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Niners have taken chances on super talented players with histories of injuries. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t…

In this case, I believe it’s worth the risk since he plays a position of great need for Oregon. Based on his highlights, Jalen Catalon is a super athletic, playmaker in the secondary and appears that he would be an upgrade over anyone else on the roster. Perhaps this is our coaching staff’s plan B after losing out on a 5-star prep safety?

Herbie said that he is one of the best safeties in college football and he was a captain at Arkansas. You can’t teach athleticism so I say “bring him in, if you can!”

Edited by OregonDucks
Expanded

Looks good to me.

Book'em Danno

Question from an OldMan who doesn’t always know where to look for these answers… does he have 1 or 2 years left to play? Looks like he’s already played 3 seasons and burned his red shirt and I’m guessing he gets a Covid year. Just how many years does he have left to play?

On 12/23/2022 at 2:11 PM, OregonDucks said:

Herbie said that he is one of the best safeties in college football and he was a captain at Arkansas. You can’t teach athleticism so I say “bring him in, if you can!”

Athleticism and leadership. 

I'd say 3 yrs.  23 would be Jr = 1 Sr = 2 and extra covid if he wants = 3