Pennsylvania Duck

Ducks Returning for Extra Year of Eligibility

This thread will be for Ducks who announce to return for an extra year of eligibility. Check back for updates.

Steven Jones

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Is it still true that as a senior with an extra year due to covid, he won't count against scholarship limit?

On 12/27/2022 at 9:07 PM, Lono said:

Is it still true that as a senior with an extra year due to covid, he won't count against scholarship limit?

I think you will find your answer here at this site with reference to Covid recruiting. Specifically, read the section  What about athletic scholarships?  

WWW.NCSASPORTS.ORG

Learn more about the NCAA decision to grant an extra year of eligibility relief to Division 1, 2 and 3 athletes due to COVID-19.

Oregon OL Steven Jones will return to the Ducks for a sixth season

The 6-foot-5, 340-pounder from Temecula, Calif. will be a Duck for the 2023 season.

Oregon will need both his size and experience next season.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Offensive lineman Steven Jones announced he will return to Oregon for his sixth season in 2023, offering a major boost to Bo...

This is a significant get. 

I think Oregon fields a solid offensive line next year. 

Three or four from Oregon's roster... Conerly, Jones, Powers-Johnson and Harper (who started in Jones'absence this year and let's face it that was most of the year and the offensive line still looked good) 

Then throw in a couple transfers in Cornelius and Angilau and the Ducks have the makings for a solid line. And I haven't even mentioned the other linemen who have spent time developing who may seen the field at some point as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I appreciate that one of the main things he refers to is continuing to help the Ducks build the Lanning culture!

Somebody is making an impact in the lives of the Men of Oregon!

Mase Funa announces return for 2023 after winning Holiday Bowl Defensive Player of the Game

Oregon EDGE player Mase Funa will return for the 2023 season, he told reporters following Wednesday's 28-27 Holiday Bowl victory over North Carolina.

"I'm running it back," Funa said to close the press conference, to which Dan Lanning reacted to the news with a loud "Let's Go" in response.

247SPORTS.COM

Mase Funa announces return for 2023 after winning Holiday Bowl Defensive Player of the Game
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

Good way to start the reloading and upgrade for our defense.

one of the few games that our front seven made most of the tackles. A very good sign.

Will that make Funa a 5 year starter? If memory serves me right he started his freshman year.

All I can say is:

"Intercepcion!

Peek Seex!

Mase' Fuuuna!

Quack, quack, quack, quack!"

Welcome back #18.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

FUNA!!!

This is huge! What a game to close the season with. He will be the leader of next years defense.

On 12/28/2022 at 11:41 PM, Just Ducky said:

one of the few games that our front seven made most of the tackles. A very good sign.

I'm not getting too excited about the performance in the Holiday Bowl.  The announcers kept saying how bad the North Carolina offensive line was this year.

On 12/29/2022 at 6:54 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I think he was referring to this year and he's heading to the pros not coming back.

Wow! You could be right. It never occurred to me he was referring to this year. I took it to mean he was a senior this year and returning for his Covid year.

Just saw where DL Popo A got his medical additional year and will be back for 2023. Another stud that will be back. 

Oregon Ducks nose tackle Popo Aumavae to return in 2023 for seventh season

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Aumavae, who suffered a season-ending right foot injury late in fall camp and had surgery during the first week of September, was...

• Thumbs Up 1

Always a good thing to get our veteran leadership back to help the younglings along.

Popo was showing to be an absolute dude in spring and fall last year. Glad to have him back. 

"Oregon took home more than one victory after last week's thriller against the North Carolina Tarheels. After being named defensive player of the game, Ducks outside linebacker Mase Funa announced that he would be returning to Eugene in 2023 for one more season."

What Mase Funa's return means for Oregon.

• Applause 1