Annie

Georgia Bulldogs Football Player, Staff Member Killed in Car Crash

Condolences to the entire Georgia family. 😢

WWW.FOX5ATLANTA.COM

Police said 20-year-old Devin Willock was a passenger in a Ford Expedition that crashed on Barnett Shoals Road.

• Great post! 1
  • Like 1

The article states that it was a one car accident on an isolated road at 2:45 in the morning. 

What a tragedy. After a career of taking care of the victims of this type of trauma, I can't think of one good thing that ever happens after 1am in a motor vehicle.

Unbelievably tragic. 

I wish there was a sad emoji. Tragic.

That's absolutely horrible news.

Nothing good happens after midnight. Condolences to family and friends. Sad.

Devin Willcock was not only a good and rapidly improving OG  who played a fair amount in the offensive line rotation, but he was also a very good (nearly straight A's) student I am told in a rigorous undergrad business major (Insurance and Risk Management.).   So his life extended far beyond the football field. Nevertheless, he was projected as a likely starter on the Georgia OL next year.

Most of what I learned about him today centered on his amiable character and sunny disposition.  He was a beloved teammate whom everybody seemed to adore. And yet, he was an intense competitor between the lines.

He sounds like the kind of kid whom I would have loved to have taught at UGA. Rest in peace young man.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2