FUTURE MEMBER? REGARDLESS, HATS OFF TO SAN DIEGO STATE

Defense Does Make A Difference

The Defenders Marvel GIF by NETFLIX

Invite these folks NOW!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Really hope they pull it off and win the big one!

• Thumbs Up 1

Today's semi was one of the best I have seen in several years. As a person who really appreciates good defense in college football, I appreciate the rugged defense that SDSU plays.

My reaction to the buzzer beating shot was, "Like a true Aztec shaman, #5 just snatched the beating heart from the chest of the poor FAU Owls." This was a game that I truly hated to see either team lose.

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 4/1/2023 at 9:00 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Defense Does Make A Difference

The Defenders Marvel GIF by NETFLIX

Invite these folks NOW!

While the SDSU football team may not be close at this time to playing for the Natty in football, a case could certainly be made that their football program is also  legit and worthy of inclusion in the PAC-12.

And this inclusion keeps the SoCal market and probably many players in the PAC-12 network.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 4/1/2023 at 10:24 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

While the SDSU football team may not be close at this time to playing for the Natty in football, a case could certainly be made that their football program is also  legit and worthy of inclusion in the PAC-12.

And this inclusion keeps the SoCal market and probably many players in the PAC-12 network.

Having graduated and done my post-grad at SDSU WAY back when, I clearly recall the PAC-10 becoming the PAC-12 with the addition of the Arizona schools.  The football and basketball performances by those two AZ schools was in no way superior to what SDSU has done during the last decade or two and what it potentially offers the conference.  That includes matters of scholastics, fan and financial support, and athletics.  I believe they would be a grand addition to the PAC.

Unfortunately, I can't speak for SMU.

• Thumbs Up 3

The two la schools are gone so I see no reason not to include SDSU in the pack. I believe in football they have won more games against the pack the last 10 years than the pack have won. 

It has the potential of keeping some of the fair weather recruits in the pack and gives a California presence that is needed desperately. If this doesn’t get accomplished I consider this a huge failure by GK.

Congrats to SDSU Mens BB Team. Making the Elite 8, Final 4 and NCG is no small feat! That path has eluded numerous PAC mrmbers for decades. Well done.........

There are so many quality reasons to invite SDSU, SMU and others into the PAC. There are 10 reasons, the Presidents, while they wont get an invite.

The PAC is taking their time, hopefully to get the media deal and expansion right!  Their previous track record for high, quality decision making leaves alot to be desired.

What is obvious to many may not even matter to the 10 Presidents. From my life long business decision making experience here are a few of my steadfast rules:

Dont think you are the smartest person in the room

Dont think you are better than who you are dealing with.

Be open minded and forward thinking.

Put your self in the other persons shoes.

But then again I dont have a college degree. So i could be wrong.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 12:51 AM, Dave23 said:

Really hope they pull it off and win the big one!

Going to be tough. UConn is now ranked #1 by KenPom. 

On 4/2/2023 at 11:14 AM, Just Ducky said:

The two la schools are gone so I see no reason not to include SDSU in the pack. I believe in football they have won more games against the pack the last 10 years than the pack have won. 

It has the potential of keeping some of the fair weather recruits in the pack and gives a California presence that is needed desperately. If this doesn’t get accomplished I consider this a huge failure by GK.

SDSU 7-4 in its last 11 football games versus the Pac.

On 4/2/2023 at 11:07 AM, Jon Joseph said:

SDSU 7-4 in its last 11 football games versus the Pac.

How have Cal, Colorado, and the AZ schools done in their last 11 football games against the PAC?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/2/2023 at 3:51 PM, Jon Sousa said:

How have Cal, Colorado, and the AZ schools done in their last 11 football games against the PAC?

Jon, I would guess nowhere near 7-4.

On 4/2/2023 at 1:05 PM, Jon Joseph said:

UConn looks like the real deal, I don't think SDSU's bigs can hold up to UConn's. The Aztec's have surprise me every game and are great at D so you never know, I give them 30% chance.

On 4/2/2023 at 11:27 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

But then again I dont have a college degree. So i could be wrong.

As a former college professor, I  highly value educational achievements. But...I've known many many college grads (and apparently there are many college Presidents out West) that have no where near the common sense you  have displayed sir in your post. Great comment!

And  while on the subject of conference expansion, SMU has , periodically at least , been very competitive on the gridiron. Plus, they reside in that Texas Metroplex and could play to a huge audience in that market if they get  their act together. Their addition to the Pac-14, assuming SDSU is also added, seems reasonable under the shaky  circumstances the Pac-12 seems to be facing. Got to keep Oregon and Washington to stay reasonably strong however. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That was the best game I've watched in a long time. I have not followed either team. But, being from San Diego I was watching through scarlet colored glasses and could not be happier with the outcome. What a game! One more to go Aztecs.

As to the Pac12 expansion sub-topic... There is not a more deserving/ logical candidate that SDSU and I definitely do feel the Pac needs a SoCal presence.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/2/2023 at 2:05 PM, Jon Joseph said:

While KP is a good tool, a lot of teams lower ranked in KP have won games in this tourney. Eye test says UConn wins too, but the game hasn't been played yet. Once they throw the ball up, who knows. 

In anycase, SDSU has just shown one more reason they are ready for a PAC invite. It's a bit overdue actually.

• Thumbs Up 2