Pennsylvania Duck

2024 Duck Football Commits

The Ducks currently have 5 players committed in the 2024 recruiting class. We have been dropping news about these commits in the recruiting thread, but they really should be categorized differently. 

From now on, news regarding the 2024 commits will be found in this thread. As a reminder, here are the current commits:

N.RIVALS.COM

AJ Pugliano - 2024 4 Star Tight end for North Medford (Medford, OR) on Rivals.com

N.RIVALS.COM

Jaxson Jones - 2024 4 Star Weakside defensive end for Yuma Catholic (Yuma, AZ) on Rivals.com

N.RIVALS.COM

Jordan Anderson - 2024 4 Star Athlete for Newport Harbor (Newport Beach, CA) on Rivals.com

N.RIVALS.COM

Tyseer Denmark - 2024 4 Star Wide receiver for Roman Catholic (Philadelphia, PA) on Rivals.com

N.RIVALS.COM

Fox Crader - 2024 3 Star Offensive tackle for Evergreen (Vancouver, WA) on Rivals.com

N.RIVALS.COM

Aaron Flowers - 2024 4 Star Safety for Forney (Forney, TX) on Rivals.com

N.RIVALS.COM

Trent Ferguson - 2024 3 Star Offensive tackle for West Salem (Salem, OR) on Rivals.com

N.RIVALS.COM

Tionne Gray - 2024 4 Star Defensive tackle for Hazelwood Central (St. Louis, MO) on Rivals.com

N.RIVALS.COM

Jackson Ford - 2024 Tight end for Melissa (Melissa, TX) on Rivals.com

N.RIVALS.COM

Luke Moga - 2024 3 Star Pro style quarterback for Sunnyslope (Phoenix, AZ) on Rivals.com

• Thumbs Up 2

Jordan Anderson

Oregon WR Commit Jordan Anderson Set for Important Return Trip to Eugene

Jordan Anderson committed to Oregon in December but continues to hear from a handful of programs.

We already knew the spring game visitor list was going to be impressive and the Ducks added a big name to that list on Sunday, as four-star Oregon wide receiver commit Jordan Anderson announced a return visit to Eugene.

Anderson has been on fire this offseason, competing in 7on7 tournaments and dominating the camp circuit. Just last month he was named the Alpha Dog of the the OT7 Tournament in Austin by 247Sports and took home wide receiver MVP honors at the Rivals camp in Los Angeles.

It's no surprise that Anderson is dominating everyone who lines up up in front of him, but his stellar performances have captured the attention of other schools, with Colorado, USC and Washington among schools still actively recruiting him.

Read more about what Jordan Anderson has to say about his recruitment in Ducks Digest.

• Go Ducks! 1

Aaron Flowers Details Oregon Commitment

"Ever since they offered me they've always been pushing me, always texting me."

He went in-depth on why Dan Lanning and the Ducks were the choice.

"It just felt right for me. It fits more of a vibe. Eugene. Oregon itself," Flowers said of his decision. "The coaching staff especially too. Everything went right for me. I felt like the most perfect fit for me, joining Oregon."

The Ducks were always full-steam ahead in their recruitment of the talented defensive back. Right from the jump.

f98b8bb6-1fb4-4047-a1df-134408e34133

https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/college/article274179460.html#storylink=rss

Ducks get commitment from in-state OT Trent Ferguson

The Oregon Ducks added to their 2024 recruiting class on Wednesday, getting a big commitment from in-state offensive lineman Trent Ferguson, from West Salem.

Ferguson stands at 6-foot-7, 300 pounds, and is rated as a 3-star player who is the No. 5 player in the state of Oregon.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Ducks get a big in-state commitment from OT Trent Ferguson, who stands at 6-foot-7, 300 pounds.

WATCH Duck WR Commit Tyseer Denmark make the catch!

CLASS IMPACT: QB Luke Moga is a Duck

What does the addition of the 2024 passer mean for Oregon?

It's important to get a quarterback in the fold as early as possible since they so often serve as the face of any given recruiting class. Now they'll be able to recruit other players in this class with a passer in the fold. This pledge also serves as a vote of confidence in new offensive coordinator Will Stein during his first full cycle with the Ducks.

Adding Moga further strengthens Oregon's ties into the state of Arizona, which is also home to major targets Elijah Rushing, Miles Lockhart and Christian Clark in the 2024 class.

The biggest question now becomes this. What does this mean for 2024 Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances Academy dual-threat quarterback Michael Van Buren? He was also on campus in Eugene for a visit this weekend right after placing the Ducks in his top three along with Penn State and Maryland.

My feeling is that Oregon doesn't take a commitment from Moga if it means they'll miss out on a guy like Van Buren--who they not only have been recruiting longer, but he's also a more polished passer and someone whose commitment would likely move the needle more with recruits on a national scale.

So all around, this is great news for the Ducks and I don't think it hurts their chances with Van Buren at all.

Click here to read the rest of the story in Ducks Digest

• Go Ducks! 1

Meet the 2024 Class: Oregon lands four-star CB Ify Obidegwu; jumps to No. 7 nationally

Oregon commit locks in spot for All-American Bowl

The Ducks have one of their verbal commits locking in his commitment to play in the top all-star game this winter.

The Oregon Ducks hold the Pac-12's best recruiting class in the 2024 class by a wide margin, and a big reason for that is the Ducks being able to secure key commitments from elite prospects early on in the process.  One of those commitments just locked in a special honor for his high school career.

4-star safety Aaron Flowers has announced he's committed to playing in the All-American Bowl in January 2024 in Texas. The All-American Bowl is considered the longest, most prestigious high school all-star game in the country.

247SPORTS.COM

The Ducks have one of their verbal commits locking in his commitment to play in the top all-star game this winter.

Position Outlook: Nikko Reed adds another playmaker to crowded cornerback room

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Who will be competing for the starting CB spots at Oregon, and how good are their chances of securing it? We broke down the options.

Spring Check in With Oregon QB Commit Luke Moga

Moga committed to the Ducks last month and is hard at work recruiting in the 2024 class. 

Ducks Digest recently hit the road to Arizona and got to check in with 2024 Phoenix (Ariz.) Sunnyslope quarterback Luke Moga, who announced his pledge to the Ducks last month.

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recruiting/spring-check-in-with-oregon-qb-commit-luke-moga

Thank you, NJ, for all of these great updates.

Of course, not over until the name is signed on the bottom line; we all know 'commitment' has a different meaning when it comes to truly committing to a program.

Oregon QB Commit Michael Van Buren Hard at Work Recruiting for the Ducks

Checking in with one of Will Stein's quarterback commits in the 2024 recruiting class.

oregon-helmet-wide.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recruiting/oregon-qb-commit-michael-van-buren-hard-at-work-recruiting-for-the-ducks

Rivals250 WR Tyseer Denmark decommits from Oregon

Rivals250 wide receiver Tyseer Denmark committed to Oregon in late November so it caught everybody's attention when he turned up at Penn State this weekend on an official visit.

Now the Philadelphia (Pa.) Roman Catholic star has officially decommitted from Oregon, according to his head coach Rick Prete.

This was announced behind a paywall on Rivals...I am using article as reference even though you can't read it

N.RIVALS.COM

Rivals250 WR Tyseer Denmark decommits from Oregon

It happens, as distance can be a buzz-kill for many players and their family.  But the good news is that Oregon is in on a TON of great receivers for 2024, and...

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Meet the 2024 Class: Oregon remains inside top 10 after landing multiple June commitments

After a great month of May for Oregon's recruiting, June kept the momentum going.

Over the past two weeks, the Ducks have landed three prospects, four-star safety Kingston Lopa, three-star WR Jack Ressler, and three-star IOL Devin Brooks.

With coaches out on the recruiting trail, the Ducks have closed the gaps and earned commitments in May from three players, all four-star prospects, in QB Michael Van Buren, DL Xadavien Sims, and WR Dillon Gresham before landing the three players in June. Oregon cleaned up at the end of May after beginning the month by landing its highest-rated recruit of the class, four-star CB Ify Obidegwu.

"Here's what I'll say, there's a lot of things on my schedule," said head coach Dan Lanningafter Oregon's spring game. "What this is really tough on the next few weeks is our assistant coaches. They'll be on the road, away from their wives, kids, because they're going to be on the road recruiting. And when they get back, they'll be hosting recruits. We're really grinding until we get to July. Once we get to July, we'll take a deep breath."

How Oregon's 2024 class is shaping up by position

Here's a rundown of who Oregon has landed at each position group and who a few more possible adds might be too.

Oregon's 2024 class is far from complete, but already features 16 verbal commitments. That number is expected to rise in the next few weeks with a quartet of scheduled announcements that appear to be in their favor. 

The class is ranked eighth nationally and second among Pac-12 schools. This year's class could prove the best in program history. The Ducks seem to be in strong position for many of the top uncommitted prospects on the west coast and even several others nationally. 

Since the class is roughly two-thirds full right now, it's time to take stock in what all the Ducks are getting in 2024 and how that might impact the roster 14 months from now when the 2024 season kicks off.

247SPORTS.COM

Here's a rundown of who Oregon has landed at each position group and who a few more possible adds might be too.

New Oregon commit Dylan Willams breaks down his decision 

Oregon beats out Michigan State for one of the region's top linebacker prospects.

Oregon, as we’ve said many times before, was the team to beat for Williams ever since he de-committed from USC last October. He took multiple trips to the Eugene campus, had a strong mentor on the staff in former Poly assistant Rashad Wadood and developed a strong relationship with the rest of the coaching staff as well. 

Oregon needed to hit a home run on their official visit back on June 23 and did just that.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon beats out Michigan State for one of the region's top linebacker prospects.

• Applause 2

Oregon's 2024 class jumps up one spot following four-star Dylan William's commitment

Oregon's rise in the recruiting rankings continues, as four-star Dylan William's commitment moved the needle, putting Oregon to No. 7 in the country.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon's rise in the recruiting rankings continues, as four-star Dylan William's commitment moved the needle, putting Oregon to No. 7 in the country.

Oregon commits are putting full-court social media 'peer press' on prospective Ducks

One of the most valuable things for a college football recruiting department is a staff of coaches, scouts, and operations managers that are competent and competitive in the space.

The Oregon Ducks absolutely have that, and have grown into a power that can compete with the best schools in the nation. One of the new strategy that we’ve seen be employed in Eugene, however, hinges on the efforts and support of people not on staff — yet.

Over the last few months, it has been players who are committed to Oregon that have been working the hardest to try and recruit incoming players. Whether it’s QB Michael Van Buren, WR Jordan Anderson, or DL Xadavien Sims, a rash of Oregon commits have taken to social media to try and sell the program and convince uncommitted players to commit to the Ducks.

With some big-time targets still on the board considering the Ducks, like 5-star LB Justin Williams, 5-star OT Brandon Baker, and 5-star RB Nate Frazier, we’ve seen a ton of outreach in the past few days.

Check out out the Duck commits are trying to use the power of peer pressure to add to the flock.

Being on Oregon Twitter sites everyday, I personally have noticed how active these 2024 commits are...Didn't see this last year.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Peer pressure is powerful. Duck commits in the 2024 class are doing everything they can to grow the flock with blue-chip players.
  • Like 1

Updated Listing 2024 Commits...Click on tweet to see entire listing

• Like 1

Duck commit DE Xadavien Sims

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Xadavien Sims - 2024 4 Star Strongside defensive end for Durant (Durant, OK) on Rivals.com

• Wow 1

Dan Lanning Wants Dylan Williams to be Oregon's Nakobe Dean

Oregon's 2024 recruiting class is ranked No. 12 in the country and recently landed a commitment from Long Beach (Calif.) Poly linebacker Dylan Williams. 

Ducks Digest checked in with the standout backer to discuss his decision and what's next for him after committing to Oregon.

For Williams, his pledge to Oregon came down to development and he's confident the Ducks can get the best out of him.

"I feel like the coaching staff at Oregon is going to take me to the next level with my game and develop me," Williams said. "Coach Tosh Lupoi, Coach Dan Lanning, Coach B-Mike (Bryan Michalowski), they're going to develop me very well."

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound defender projects to be a key part of Oregon's defense in the near future. Dan Lanning has big plans for him and wants to him to develop in the mold of a Butkus Award winner he coached in the SEC.

"We run a 4-2-5 up in Eugene so I'll be playing both the mic and the money. Coach Lanning tells me all the time he sees me as Nakobe Dean. He wants to turn me exactly into that, Quay Walker-type. That's exactly how Coach Lanning sees me...

To read the rest of the article, click here.

• Cool 1

Big Ten move played key role in Oregon flip for former USC commit

The Big Ten move has immediately helped the Oregon Ducks.

Earlier this week, Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra corner Dakoda Fields flipped his commitment from USC to Oregon. A 4-star defensive back and a top-100 prospect in the industry-generated 247 Composite, Fields was a huge piece of the defensive class Lincoln Riley was putting together at USC.

Instead, he’ll begin his career in the Oregon secondary. The flip, however, didn’t change what conference Fields would begin his career in, and that was apparently important.

Fields told Ducks Digest’s Max Torres that “once they (Oregon) moved to the Big Ten, that was the green light for me.”

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

The Big Ten is already giving Oregon a boost on the recruiting trail.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oregon Has One of Nation's Best Quarterback Hauls in 2024 Recruiting Class

Everyone knows that quarterback is the most important position in college football.

That's why coaching staffs across the country place a premium on recruiting talented arms to lead their offenses of the future.

Fortunately for Oregon, offensive coordinator Will Stein has helped the Ducks reel in one of the nations best hauls at the position in the 2024 class. 

Rivals ranks Oregon's quarterback class No. 2 in the country, trailing only the Georgia Bulldogs.

To access this Max Torres article, click here.

• Cool 1

WATCH: Handful of Oregon 2024 commits show out under Friday night lights

The future of Oregon Ducks football seems to be in good hands.

While we have to wait another week for Dan Lanning and his team to kick things off on Saturday afternoon against the Portland State Vikings, a long list of Oregon commits in the 2024 class got their senior seasons underway on Friday night in the first week of high school football.

It should come as no surprise that a lot of the players completely showed out and displayed why they were high-level recruits coming in.

Whether it was 4-star EDGE Jaxson Jones completely dominating, or 4-star QB Michael Van Buren showing what he’s got on ESPN, the future Ducks gave fans a lot to be excited about.

Here are some of the best reactions and videos on social media...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon fans have a lot to be excited about. The members of the Ducks’ 2024 class showed out this weekend.

Oregon QB Commit Michael Van Buren Discusses Growth, Aim for Senior Season

The 2024 Oregon QB commit and the Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances Academy Panthers are playing the toughest schedule in the country.

When discussing 2024 Oregon Ducks quarterback commit Michael Van Buren, there's one thing we can say with absolute 100% confidence.

By the time he gets to Eugene in January to enroll with the Ducks, he's going to be battle-tested.

Van Buren and the St. Frances Academy Panthers may still be searching for their first win this season entering week 5, but it's certainly not for a lack of talent. Their schedule has taken them all across the country and pinned them against many of the nation's premier programs.

To access the article and read more about Michael Van Buren, click here.

Man amongst babies.

I think speed might be a glaring weakness here. He is larger however.

Akili Smith Jr., Oregon Ducks quarterback commit, throws 99-yard touchdown pass: Look

Lincoln (California) quarterback Akili Smith Jr. delivered a record-setting touchdown pass Friday night

• Wow 1

Oregon OL commit Devin Brooks looking forward to his future in-state

Clackamas (Ore.) offensive lineman Devin Brooks is looking forward to his college football future playing in-state for the homestate Oregon Ducks.

Brooks selected Oregon over USC and Washington and is one of three in-state commits to the Ducks.

Initially recruited by offensive line coach Adrian Klemm, when Klemm left for the NFL, first year offensive line coach A'Lique Terry took over and solidified that relationship.

"I feel like coach Terry is doing a great job with them," said Brooks.  "I have a great connection with them from what I've seen so far. They've been real dominant in the passing game, not letting a lot of pressure in and they've been really dominant with the run game as well."

He also likes what he's seen from offensive coordinator Will Stein.

"It seems like he and coach (Dan) Lanning have a great relationship on how they want their offense ran and he's been calling what needs to be called and the team is doing a great," said Brooks.

Brooks plays tackle for the Cavs but knows his future will slide him inside in college...

247SPORTS.COM

Clackamas (Ore.) offensive lineman Devin Brooks is looking forward to his college football future playing in-state...

On 10/3/2023 at 2:33 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Oregon surrounded by a bunch of top SEC programs and Ohio State. It’s like Dan Lanning knows what he’s doing…

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Four-star OT Fox Crader solid to Oregon

Vancouver (Wash.) Evergreen offensive tackle Fox Crader remains solid in his commitment to Oregon.

While he committed to the Ducks when Adrian Klemm was still the offensive line coach, schools started to really ramp things up when Klemm left for the NFL.

But Crader wanted to give first-year offensive line coach A'Lique Terry a chance to build a relationship.

Terry did that. And then some.

"I think my relationship with coach Terry has really exceeded my expectations," said Crader.  "And then the job he's doing this year, that exceeded my expectations too.  I went to the spring game and they were still gelling but now they're really gelling."

The 6-6, 290-pounder said that relationship has been key in Oregon staving off other suitors...

247SPORTS.COM

Vancouver (Wash.) Evergreen offensive tackle Fox Crader is solid in his commitment to Oregon...

• Applause 1

Four-star LB Brayden Platt selected to play in 2024 Polynesian Bowl

Yelm (Wash.) linebacker Brayden Platt has been selected to play in the 2024 Polynesian Bowl, it was announced on Friday.

The Oregon commit was thrilled with the invitation.

"It means a lot to me to be selected for the game," said Platt.  "I have watched the Poly Bowl the past few years, I knew a few of the people last year from Washington who were invited and played."

Platt is looking for one final opportunity to show his skills before beginning college football.

"It means a lot to be invited as I feel like it will give me an opportunity to get better," said Platt...

247SPORTS.COM

Yelm (Wash.) linebacker Brayden Platt has been selected to play in the 2024 Polynesian Bowl, it was announced on Friday...

• Cool 1

Five-Star DL Aydin Breland Talks Oregon Commitment, What's Next

Last week there was a commitment that sent shockwaves throughout the recruiting world.

Five-star Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei defensive lineman Aydin Breland committed to Dan Lanning and the Ducks, becoming the new headliner in Oregon's 2024 recruiting class.

Ducks Digest was in Costa Mesa Thursday night for Mater Dei vs. Orange Lutheran and caught up with Breland to discuss his decision.

"It was really tough coming down to the final three," Breland reflected. "My grandma had, on Sunday the week before the commitment, she was expressing to me how she wanted me to stay home so she could get to a game and the travel not be as hard on her. And I was like there's only one else to do now. It was at the point to where it could go either way, so that's just the way it went."

But the newest Oregon commit made it clear that his grandmother wasn't the only reason he chose the Ducks...

To access the details in the article, click here.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 10:40 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Five-Star DL Aydin Breland Talks Oregon Commitment, What's Next

Last week there was a commitment that sent shockwaves throughout the recruiting world.

Five-star Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei defensive lineman Aydin Breland committed to Dan Lanning and the Ducks, becoming the new headliner in Oregon's 2024 class.

To access the details in the article, click here.

Take a look at the YouTube video of his sack. It's impressive how quickly he got to the QB and his mobility.  But then look at how fast he hops to his feet. 6'5" 295# DLs just don't do that. That kid is an athletic freak'o nature. And now he's a Duck!

• Go Ducks! 1

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck