Charles Fischer

Huskies Think Recruiting Rankings are Biased Toward Oregon?

Let's look at the facts....

Oregon's 2023 Class Signed: 29 signed, Sixteen are 4/5-Stars with a Rivals class ranking of No. 9 in the nation.

Washington's 2023 Class Signed: 21 signed, Six are 4/5-Stars with a Rivals class ranking of No. 24 in the nation.

Oregon's 2024 Class of Verbals: 11 Commits, Seven are 4/5-Star with a Rivals ranking of No. 7 in the nation.

Washington's 2024 Class of Verbals: 3 Commits, None are 4/5-Star, (three 3-Star) and a ranking of No. 58?

Quotes on a Husky Site:

"Are the recruiting rankings biased toward Oregon?"  "...there is a profound bias in favor of rankings of Oregon liens as well as predictions toward Oregon commitments…"

"Oregon gets preferential treatment in recruiting rankings and polls, it is what it is. Money talks in this world and they have plenty of it and anybody who thinks Phil doesn’t throw his power around to get what he wants is completely clueless to how college sports ( and the world for that matter) operate."

"I think the bigger issue for Oregon classes appearing overrated is that their recruiting clout is strong with Nike influence and PK $, but their recruiting evaluation, player development and coaching has been somewhat average. So they sign classes that are better on paper than the on field results. We passed them over under Petersen and quickly did again under DeBoer. We also look stronger next season. As long as we hire top coaches I will let Oregon worry about the disconnect with star ratings vs team performance."

"The actual talent at Washington will be significantly greater than the perceived talent at Oregon. This is certainly the case now with a roster that has a far lower recruiting rating at Washington outperforming a higher rated Oregon roster. All indications from both DeBoer's and Lanning’s performance to date are that this will continue moving forward until Lanning leaves."

"I think Dan Lanning got protected by Smart at Georgia. I think he's overwhelmed as a head coach."

Jake Browning goes down_Kevin Cline.jpg

Mr. FishDuck believes that once the classes of Chris Peterson play out--the talent level at Washington cannot be rescued by great coaching or opponent mistakes.  Too big a gap...

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

…rankings of Oregon liens…?

Are the Ducks putting liens on players? 

Or, do dumb Huskies’s fans get their words mixed up?

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Like 1

Nice, I'll sleep better tonight knowing dawgs fans are upset, thanks for that!

I might even sleep better tomorrow, I'll make reeding that piece part of my bedtime routine.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

LOL. Poor Dawgs. Must be tough to be them. 

On 5/9/2023 at 11:27 PM, jrw said:

EXACTLY! Does Uncle Phil own Rivals, 247, etc.? Come On Dawgs!

On 5/9/2023 at 11:27 PM, jrw said:

THIS, plus garnishing NIL money, no doubt.

Before UO's revamped D lays smack down on fuskies in Seattle: Lanning is in over his head.

After UO's revamped D lays smack down on fuskies in Seattle: Of course Uncle Phil just goes out and buys Georgia's D coordinator.

Before UO's revamped D lays smack down on fuskies in Seattle: Duck recruits are over rated by a rigged system.

After UO's revamped D lays smack down on fuskies in Seattle: Of course Uncle Phil just goes out and buys better players.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Funny how an injury to one Qb (Bo) and lack of one at OSU elevated them into the blue blood sphere.

Bottom line, how do they manage to make such good wine up there with such sour grapes?

• Applause 2

Good, vintage w(H)ine begins with the feet... Spend enough time grovelling beneath the tramp of your superiors lends a certain Air to the process. 

The fragrance of success begins with the sweat of hard work.

Mutts be da akidemick prowess, them is more prowesserer than us.  Lien on me, baby.

DeBoer is a coach who seems to do more with less, but Lanning and staff will prove to be great coaches I think.  As Charles says, in the end the talent gap will be too much for the perpil pooch muttts.  Go find a hydrant you whiners

• Thumbs Up 1

Should somebody rig an electric dawg fence charger to all the hydrants around Montlake?

set the charge really low... Don't want PETA involved

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Whew- there's a whole lot in that husky rant that is downright painful.  Their standard mantra when they lost someone on the recruiting trail to UO was that he was 'NOKG'.  Then they moved to verse two of the song which is always that Phil is paying people.  They were sweating bullets when Junior Adams left ( 'why would be want to go to Eugene' was the cry and it quickly became 'he never was a good coach anyway'). Now we have again moved the goal posts and the new iteration is that  DL was protected by Kirby and is in over his head.  

There's just so much prowess and creativity in dawgland I can't keep up.   Waiting patiently for the next verse.

• Thumbs Up 1

If we're being honest with ourselfs,Y-ackademically speaking, the Fuskies are on a different level...

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2023 at 12:54 AM, lownslowav8r said:

LOL. Poor Dawgs. Must be tough to be them. 

Just ask the fleas around Montlake. They will confirm. The husky hide is no fine. But this does not stop the 'how great are we' way over-the-top barking..

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

scratching cowboy bebop GIF

It is a constant struggle for them to be noticed...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck