1Funduck

Oregon is Warm on SIX 5-Star Recruits: Can They Get Hot?

Just a thread for discussion.

Oregon has 6 'potential' verbal recruits, in the top 26 regardless of position, that are 'Warm' to Oregon. Have you noticed how often all these kids have visited? 

1) Baker-OT

2) Rushing-DL

3) Stone-DL

4) Williams-LB

5) Wingo-WR

6) Nwaneri-DL

I don't know the exact number, but many have visited more than once. So, is it reasonable Oregon gets 2,3,4? Dare we shoot for the moon and see all 6? Yeah, me neither. I believe we get 2 and more likely 3 of the kids. Baker, Rushing, and Williams sure seem to find my newsfeed for Oregon as their destination. Landing those 3 would be a vaulting move into the recruiting rankings. More important, it will create a mountain of depth, most notably, along the line.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1

I try not to think about it too much, as it drives me crazy when I get my heart broken again.  Yet you are right, in that my gut tells me that Oregon will get some, and I'll wish for two.  That would propel the class, and Oregon in ways we cannot imagine.  I have to tell myself...."calm down Charles."

Or the excitement will

make my brain freeze!

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

Mr. FishDuck

So much fun to think about….and wish for. 

Getting a couple would be fantastic. And often those who do commit help recruit others.

But in the end it often comes down to NIL money. That’s the world we now live in.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect two. Baker and Rushing are the most realistic chances to grab. That's a really good day IMO. Getting a third would be a fantastic day (maybe Williams?).

Overall, my gut tells me Oregon will finish with a 2024 recruiting class ranked somewhere between 6-9.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/18/2023 at 1:11 PM, DUCKED said:

But in the end it often comes down to NIL money. That’s the world we now live in.

Not completely.

It has been reported on many sites who have inside knowledge, and they say that Oregon is NOT the top dollar NIL.  We are competitive, enough to stay in the group a recruit is considering, but Lanning is selling the other aspects of Oregon to offset the pure payoffs.  It's been working!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/18/2023 at 12:02 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Or the excitement will

make my brain freeze!

Here's hoping for a new ice age between your ears!

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Can we get hot, pretty sure that is Lanning behind that flame thrower. He is on fire, and the flame isn't going out anytime soon!

giphy.gif

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Numbers 1,4,5,and 6 are all Georgia recruiting targets. Wingo, who loves Dylan Raiola, will not be in Georgia's class because he wants upfront NIL and Kirby Smart doesn't roll that way---for anyone. Georgia sells development over NIL to incoming freshmen. As for Baker and Nwaneri, it is anyone's guess where they end up but Georgia is still in the game for both I am told. If the Dawgs don't get them, I sure hope that the Ducks do.

• Go Ducks! 1

Love the look of this 5* as he visits Texas. The face and the outfit speak volumes!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 5
  • Applause 3

On 6/18/2023 at 2:09 PM, Charles Fischer said:
On 6/18/2023 at 1:11 PM, DUCKED said:

Not completely.

It has been reported on many sites who have inside knowledge, and they say that Oregon is NOT the top dollar NIL.  We are competitive, enough to stay in the group a recruit is considering, but Lanning is selling the other aspects of Oregon to offset the pure payoffs.  It's been working!

Kirby Smart at Georgia does not offer incoming freshmen any more than the recruiting combine stipend that all Georgia players receive. Anything above that figure is dependent on those who have a big NIL value and can get someone to ante up. Development is the primary recruiting inducement and Smart can back that up with 34 NFL draft choices over the last three years, several of whom were 3-stars who ended up being selected in the first round--and that's big money worth many millions of dollars. 

My guess is that Lanning learned that development sells, and it does. It will continue to work on the recruiting trail as long as the Oregon staff has some meaningful success at backing it up.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/25/2023 at 10:17 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

Kirby Smart at Georgia does not offer incoming freshmen any more than the recruiting combine stipend that all Georgia players receive. Anything above that figure is dependent on those who have a big NIL value and can get someone to ante up. Development is the primary recruiting inducement and Smart can back that up with 34 NFL draft choices over the last three years, several of whom were 3-stars who ended up being selected in the first round--and that's big money worth many millions of dollars. 

My guess is that Lanning learned that development sells, and it does. It will continue to work on the recruiting trail as long as the Oregon staff has some meaningful success at backing it up.

Lanning played a big roll in KS 34. I am sure DL exploits that fact, at least in part. Heck, Dan Lanning landed Nevada Dawg. 

• Haha 3

Scuttlebutt on one of the Dawgs  recruiting blogs tonight is that OT Baker is most likely a Duck. Congrats!

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1