Steven A

UW gives Ducks Huge Recruiting Assist

Let's see, visit Oregon, then the next weekend visit ewe dub, then the crystal ball comes in for the Ducks.

Sounds about right

SATURDAYBLITZ.COM

Oregon football has had an important official visit slate this month, hosting some of the top names in the 2024 class. One of the top names that was recent...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7qfwav.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pick up? Pick up = signing a 2nd recruit, a 3* LB? OK.

SATURDAYBLITZ.COM

After an incredible first season with Washington football, Kalen DeBoer looked to have all the momentum in the world on his...

On 6/24/2023 at 7:15 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Pick up? Pick up = signing a 2nd recruit, a 3* LB? OK.

SATURDAYBLITZ.COM

After an incredible first season with Washington football, Kalen DeBoer looked to have all the momentum in the world on his...

Is DeBore* the Yang to Mariø's ying? Seems the guy is an excelent game time coach and schemer. Not looking good on the recruiting though.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/24/2023 at 10:52 AM, Log Haulin said:

Is DeBore* the Yang to Mariø's ying? Seems the guy is an excelent game time coach and schemer. Not looking good on the recruiting though.

He doesn't know recruiting but at least he knows O. There is no O in Mari.

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

Log Haulin and Jon Joseph,

Agree that DeBoer is probably not an afficionado of college football recruiting, but this coach beat us last year in Autzen. He knows offense! Remember what a tough out he and his Fresno State team were just 2-3 years ago? He was not a recruiting machine then, either. But, he still beat a lot of PAC12 teams and took us to the edge before we defeated them, and flew back to Columbus. Don't sleep on this guy or his team. 

I don't recall his pedigree exactly, but if memory serves me accurately, De Boer was HC of a Div III team in Iowa and won more than 60 games during his first HC stint; also, believe he might have won his conference and one or two Natl Champs at the Div III level. When a coach wins any Natl Championship, they have earned the benefit of the doubt. Recruiting? No, but they find players that want to win; he used them to beat us last year. You can take it to the bank they will be reay to play the Ducks!

I don't want to lose to the Huskies or any PAC12 team this coming year. Coach Lanning is building the team as a coherent, cohesive team, a family; he must develop the players at all positions and position groups, and within all Special Teams to significantly increase the team's effectiveness this coming year. Texas Tech and Washington, really every PAC12 team, is primarily or in a secondary fashion gunning for the Ducks; we know Utah, ASU, Arizona, USC, Cal, Wazzoo, and the Beavs are thinking about us. USC and Uclans would love to beat us and rub our nose in the loss on their way out of the door.

Let's decide to beat them all this year. We have the coaching, the support staff, and the players - yes, they are young, but they want to play for their family. Develop them, and this goes for the older players and/or the starters. Stay after practice and help our new guys with what they are stuggling.

I would love to watch us win 14 games this year; after that, it's all gravy. Would like to beat TT, too; they are an up-and-coming team. Shough (Sp?) will always be a Duck, but I don't want us to give him anything to "crow" about.

Best regards and VR,

KCDuck1

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/24/2023 at 4:52 PM, KCDuck1 said:

Log Haulin and Jon Joseph,

Agree that DeBoer is probably not an afficionado of college football recruiting, but this coach beat us last year in Autzen. He knows offense! Remember what a tough out he and his Fresno State team were just 2-3 years ago? He was not a recruiting machine then, either. But, he still beat a lot of PAC12 teams and took us to the edge before we defeated them, and flew back to Columbus. Don't sleep on this guy or his team. 

I don't recall his pedigree exactly, but if memory serves me accurately, De Boer was HC of a Div III team in Iowa and won more than 60 games during his first HC stint; also, believe he might have won his conference and one or two Natl Champs at the Div III level. When a coach wins any Natl Championship, they have earned the benefit of the doubt. Recruiting? No, but they find players that want to win; he used them to beat us last year. You can take it to the bank they will be reay to play the Ducks!

I don't want to lose to the Huskies or any PAC12 team this coming year. Coach Lanning is building the team as a coherent, cohesive team, a family; he must develop the players at all positions and position groups, and within all Special Teams to significantly increase the team's effectiveness this coming year. Texas Tech and Washington, really every PAC12 team, is primarily or in a secondary fashion gunning for the Ducks; we know Utah, ASU, Arizona, USC, Cal, Wazzoo, and the Beavs are thinking about us. USC and Uclans would love to beat us and rub our nose in the loss on their way out of the door.

Let's decide to beat them all this year. We have the coaching, the support staff, and the players - yes, they are young, but they want to play for their family. Develop them, and this goes for the older players and/or the starters. Stay after practice and help our new guys with what they are stuggling.

I would love to watch us win 14 games this year; after that, it's all gravy. Would like to beat TT, too; they are an up-and-coming team. Shough (Sp?) will always be a Duck, but I don't want us to give him anything to "crow" about.

Best regards and VR,

KCDuck1

Great take and a great recall. As HC at the University of Sioux Falls (USF) DeBoer went 67-3 (,957) and led USF to 3 NAIA national championships. Not too shabby at any level of play. 

In 2023 the Ducks play SC in Autzen but due to a parting gift scheduling on the part of the conference, this is the year UCL A misses both Oregon and UW as did USC last season. Why? Because for some unknown reason, the conference in 2023 decided to maintain the Cali scheduling agreement assuring that both LA schools will again play Cal and Stanford. In addition to this stupidity, SC has an idle week the week prior to the conference champ game while the Civil War and the Apple Cup will be played by 3 contenders for the 2023 conference title and UCLA plays Cal in the Rose Bowl. 

Bon Voyage!

On 6/25/2023 at 9:43 AM, Jon Joseph said:

In addition to this stupidity, SC has an idle week the week prior to the conference champ game

Then let us hope that SC is out of the running for the champ game this year so they can just sit miserably watching the rest of the PAC play. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Let’s hope! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/26/2023 at 9:27 AM, Jon Joseph said:

WOW! Good thing I have my cardiologist on speed dial. 

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Washington has another new commit.

"DeGraaf is a big-time pickup for Washington. He’s the No.702 player and the No.34 tight end in the country for this cycle, per 247Sports Composite"

Bravo Fighting Prowesses. Bravo.

On 6/26/2023 at 2:01 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

"DeGraaf is a big-time pickup for Washington. He’s the No.702 player and the No.34 tight end in the country for this cycle, per 247Sports Composite"

Did Oregon offer him?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

But, I have to give the Huskies credit....they do have seven verbals now, and three of them are 4-Star at Rivals, so that was a good weekend for them. (Oregon only offered three of the seven)

• Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck