Pennsylvania Duck

QUAAACK! RB Da'Jaun Riggs is a Duck

Oregon goes east again to land RB Da'Jaun Riggs

Oregon's activity in the east is producing results. For the third time in the 2024 class the Ducks added a player from area.

Washington (D.C.) St. John's running back Da'Jaun Riggs, who made an official visit to campus in late June, announced his commitment Monday.

He joins Baltimore St. Frances quarterback Michael Van Buren and cornerback Ify Obidegwu as commits from the DMV -- D.C., Maryland, Northern Virginia -- in the class/

247SPORTS.COM

For the third time in the 2024 class, Oregon went to the DMV to land a prospect. Running back Da'Jaun Riggs broke down his...

Da’Jaun Riggs, 3-star running back, commits to Oregon Ducks

Oregon added a running back to its 2024 recruiting class.

Da’Jaun Riggs, a three-star running back out of St. John’s in Washington D.C., committed to the Ducks on Monday.

He chose UO over Minnesota and Pittsburgh.

The 6-foot, 202-pound Riggs is ranked No. 768 overall and No. 58 among running backs in the class of 2024, according to the 247Sports Composite.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Riggs chose Oregon over Minnesota and Pittsburgh.
  • Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oregon's 2024 class remains No. 1 in Pac-12 after Da'Jaun Riggs' commitment

Following the commitment of RB Da'Jaun Riggs, Oregon's class sits at No. 8 overall and No. 1 in the Pac-12.

247SPORTS.COM

Following the commitment of RB Da'Jaun Riggs, Oregon's class sits at No. 8 overall and No. 1 in the Pac-12.

Look at the vision, the way he instinctively follows his blocks, and jump-cuts off them.  Breaks tackles nicely....

WWW.HUDL.COM

Junior Year Highlights!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

Love how Georgia go a commitment from a student athlete who had no stars, no info on the kid. 

Rivals now has him at 4*, but if you like a kid who cares about the star rating. Way to go Locklyn and A Big Duck Welcome to young Mr. Riggs. We look forward to Puddles doing many pushups after you put 6 on the scoreboard!

images.jpeg

Edited by Haywarduck
you
  • Thumbs Up 3

If Coach Locklyn wants him so do I. Good vision, quick feet, quick to the hole using his blockers well, and strong leg drive!  I trust Coach!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/3/2023 at 12:29 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Look at the vision, the way he instinctively follows his blocks, and jump-cuts off them.  Breaks tackles nicely....

WWW.HUDL.COM

Junior Year Highlights!

It's really hard to teach vision. 

I can see why the coaching staff wanted him. He's also a big back and with some training could be a real thumper on top of having some explosive speed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/3/2023 at 12:29 PM, Charles Fischer said:

WWW.HUDL.COM

Junior Year Highlights!

His size and smooth, evasive running ability reminds me of Byron Marshall.  If develops into a versatile back like that then I'll take 5 more like him!

• Go Ducks! 1

Da'Jaun Riggs Breaks Down Oregon Commitment

The newest Duck goes in-depth on his decision to play for Dan Lanning and Carlos Locklyn.

"Oregon was the call because of Coach Lock (Carlos Locklyn)," Riggs said. "I saw something in him that I didn't see in a lot of running back coaches. I feel like he can get me to where I need to be in life--not only for football but in life, with jobs, being a father and things of that nature."

Riggs and his future position coach connected on a different level during his multiple trips to Eugene.

To read the rest of the article, click here.

• Thumbs Up 1

CLASS IMPACT: Da'Jaun Riggs Commits to Oregon

The Oregon Ducks landed a big commitment on Monday in Washington, D.C. native Da'Jaun Riggs.

He's the 18th player to join the Ducks in 2024 and the first running back for coach Carlos Locklyn.

We're breaking this commitment down from all angles.

This article offers a good evaluation of Riggs.

To read the rest of the article, click here.

On 7/3/2023 at 3:29 PM, Charles Fischer said:

WWW.HUDL.COM

Junior Year Highlights!

The OL looks good as well in those highlight clips, both at the LOS and downfield blocking.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/4/2023 at 6:43 AM, Notalot said:

The OL looks good as well in those highlight clips, both at the LOS and downfield blocking.

Right. Can we get #71 & #77. Left tackle and right guard I think. I watched those two more than Riggs. Well coached up front for sure.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/4/2023 at 7:42 AM, Log Haulin said:

Right. Can we get #71 & #77. Left tackle and right guard I think. I watched those two more than Riggs. Well coached up front for sure.

Good eye, LH!!  The left tackle looks to be THE top tackle in this year's graduating class.  His name is Jordan Seaton and he IS interested in OBD (but Georgia as well).  Here is the USA Today article.

UGAWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Jordan Seaton ranked as the best interior offensive line recruit. He puts UGA in his list of top schools.

The right guard is Jordan Harrison.  Just a sophomore, he also has some D1 offers.

Edited by Mudslide
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2023 at 8:10 AM, Mudslide said:

Good eye, LH!!  The left tackle looks to be THE top tackle in this year's graduating class.  His name is Jordan Seaton and he IS interested in OBD (but Georgia as well).  Here is the USA Today article.

UGAWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Jordan Seaton ranked as the best interior offensive line recruit. He puts UGA in his list of top schools.

The right guard is Jordan Harrison.  Just a sophomore, he also has some D1 offers.

DL and staff have left a mark on the DC area recently. Hope they get in early on Harrison. Seaton would be a great get. Late in the game but Oregon recruiting is on fire. 🤞🤞🤞

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/4/2023 at 10:42 AM, Log Haulin said:

Yeah, he plays for a really good team in a really good league. There are D1 players plenty on both sides of the ball almost every game there. 

What you see in those high lights is against good competition.

• Thumbs Up 1