Charles Fischer

Birthday, Independence Day Bar-B-Que Chicken!

My Duck-Buddies...I have a special pit built with firebrick in the backyard with unique racks created to cook chicken at the perfect height.  Thus with the smoke salt, and basted with butter, we have a tasty-salty crust with a moist center--and often the chicken just falls off the bone.

Add to that a departure from my diet for some Potato Salad...and we have a fantastic 67th birthday, and 4th of July celebration.  Someday...I'd love to do this for some OBD members!

July 4th Chicken.jpg

• Salute 1
  • Cool 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 5
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Happy Birthday, Charles!

Wow! I'll be 70 on Labor Day weekend... I think you maybe got the better holiday! 

77Diid you spatchcock that or hire indentured servants?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Happy Birthday, Charles! 🎂🎇  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My soon to be daughter in law (they're getting married Friday here in France, she's from Norway) birthday today, my daughter's birthday tomorrow, my son's girlfriend birthday tomorrow (they both arrived here yesterday) and we swam in the Mediterranean this evening for the first time ever,  here in Cannes.  Happy birthday America. Wore a green and yellow Duck T-shirt in the riviera tonight 😉.  Your BBQ sounds delicious Charles but the food here is divine.  Happy birthday sir Charles

Edited by JDuck
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Happy 67th birthday Charles.  Today is our 50th wedding anniversary, with kids here from across the country, so it's a big holiday for us.  Is the 4th a great holiday or what. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Happy birthday, Charles! We had steak grilled over hickory, corn on the cob, and asparagus baked with lemon, garlic, parmesan, and Olive oil. And some Rainier cherries and strawberries that weren't up to par in our Eastern Kentucky home. Always be grateful you live in the Pacific Northwest. Things are better there!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Happy birthday Charles! And Happy Independence Day to all Duck fans!  Grilled hamburgers for us.

image.png.8f357d207da341683d72174d95098cee.png

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dual birthdays, a bit younger, but you have me on the wisdom front, Happy Birthday.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Happy birthday Charles and Haywarduck! Let freedom ring. I've seen Charles' pit, but not tasted his chicken. 

We had a back deck soiree' here today in Greenviille, SC. NY Strips and Shish Kabob breast of chicken skewers, baked potatoes, Corn-on-the-cob, Watermelon, and strawberry paradise cake from Publix Bakery. Nobody left hungry.

Enjoy the chicken and your burthday too - you young pup.

• Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Happy Birthday Charles......

Happy Birthday Haywarduck.....

Happy Birthday America......

Enjoy the dsy and to all a fun and safe 4th of July.......

• Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hope it was a great day of celebration for OBDF, everywhere! 

We shared a potluck (mostly Korean  cuisine) dinner with a group in Basin, Montana, followed by fireworks in Boulder.

The bbq Chinook salmon and Swedish meatballs were the only items I'd ever experienced before that, but it was all awesome.

Quite a change from the normal routine at home in true Duck Country!

Can't wait to get home.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yum! And Happy Birthday! 🍰

• Thanks 1

67? PUP!

Belated happy, happy, and thanks for this great site.

• Thanks 1