Charles Fischer

Stanford GameDay Thread: Go Ducks!

To be honest I hope Stanford wins.

Why would you hope that?

On 10/2/2021 at 4:31 PM, jrw said:

Why would you hope that?

wake them up

if they win they will still play very complacent football 

If KT was called for targeting that was targeting too. 

• Like 1

MC still doesn't know how to manage the game clock.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 4:28 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

To be honest I hope Stanford wins.

Happy?

• Thumbs Up 1

Give the assist to the Pac12 refs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

in a weird way

This loss was totally on MC.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

at least we dont have to worry about Ga anymore

My point is why recruit top players if you cant make plays for them? it doesnt make any sense

• Thanks 1

Say what you want about the calls, the Ducks started to give it away during their last pathetic "drive" in regulation. 

I'm tired of the Ducks trying to run out the clock only to have it backfire. Might as well play to dominate,  not play to not lose. Keep the momentum instead of slow down and give the the D time to rest. That's what the Ducks did...gave them life.

KT was pushed.  Dolorus was in the air when the ball was released.  A player can't halt in mid air.  His momentum was carrying him forward. Late hits have be within reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

NEMESIS - the unescapable agent of someone's or something's downfall.

And hats off the the ref for calling PI on a play that had not been called all day.

• Like 1

the coaching on this team is pathetic and we have seen it for 3 years now. Its not going to get better.

• Thumbs Up 1

So who was calling the plays on offense?  MC?

or AB!

Thibs misses the next game and I'm concerned Verdell is out for the season. 

I honestly kind of hate when people blame refs for losing games, but hoo-boy, they sure did their best to make sure we lost today. To be fair, it should never have been as close as it was, and Mario bungled the endgame time-management yet again, but the refs sure did bail Stanford out on that last 4thQ drive. I think the refs alone accounted for 45 yards. Whatever. We were very clearly overrated and we all knew it. I still see a Rose Bowl in our future against a resurgent Michigan. It'll be fun to beat not only one, but two Big 10 blue bloods this year. GoDucks!

• Thumbs Up 2

personally I think Cristobal is a much worse coach than Helfrich.

On 10/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, duckcz said:

I honestly kind of hate when people blame refs for losing games, but hoo-boy, they sure did their best to make sure we lost today. To be fair, it should never have been as close as it was, and Mario bungled the endgame time-management yet again, but the refs sure did bail Stanford out on that last 4thQ drive. I think the refs alone accounted for 45 yards. Whatever. We were very clearly overrated and we all knew it. I still see a Rose Bowl in our future against a resurgent Michigan. It'll be fun to beat not only one, but two Big 10 blue bloods this year. GoDucks!

well according to most fans on this board the Rose Bowl is a waste of time.

On 10/2/2021 at 1:54 PM, duckcz said:

He has done it every season as HC of the Ducks.  Why should we come to expect any differently now?  Was he napping while Saban was coaching the games at Bama?  He should have been taking notes.

On 10/2/2021 at 4:50 PM, DuckIt said:

So who was calling the plays on offense?  MC?

Announcers said Jim Mastro. IMO it was any bodies guess.

I can't remember the last time Saban had to manage the clock. 😉