Charles Fischer

Herbert Signs Biggest Contract Ever for NFL QB...

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Justin Herbert signs massive $262.5 million contract extension with LA Chargers

The Los Angeles Chargers have got their man, and they don’t intend on letting him go.

On Tuesday afternoon, former Oregon Ducks superstar Justin Herbert became the third QB in the NFL this offseason to sign a massive contract extension, inking a five-year, $262.5 million deal that ties him to the Chargers through 2029.

The other two NFL quarterbacks to sign massive deals this offseason were Philadelphia Eagles’ QB Jalen Hurts and Baltimore Ravens’ QB Lamar Jackson.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Herbert is getting paid.

Justin Herbert inks $262.5 million extension to remain with Chargers

Justin Herbert and the Los Angeles Chargers have agreed upon a deal what will pay the former Oregon star $262.5 million over five seasons, per multiple reports. The deal will keep Herbert under contract in LA through the 2029 season and will pay him the highest average annual salary ($52.5 million) of any quarterback in NFL history.

The deal includes $133.7 million fully guaranteed, $193.7 million with an injury guarantee and jumping potentially to $218.7 million guaranteed, per ESPN's reporting.

247SPORTS.COM

Former Oregon star Justin Herbert has signed a contract extension worth more than $260 million over the next five seasons.

Good for Justin! 

Edited by latracey

Congrats Justin!!

Remember how much good friends we are....? 😉🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

SHOW JH THE $! And an O that actually allows him to play ball.

• Thumbs Up 1

Twitter reacts to Justin Herbert's mega contract extension with Chargers

Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert is not a fan of being in the spotlight, but he got the shine on Tuesday afternoon after signing a massive $262.5 million contract extension that ties him to the team through 2029.

Herbert is the latest QB in the NFL to sign a mega five-year deal, and he is now among the highest-paid players in the league. That makes sense, with Herbert growing to be one of the most talented passers in the NFL, though the playoff accolades have managed to elude him in his three years since leaving the Oregon Ducks.

However, with Kellen Moore going to Los Angeles as the new offensive coordinator, there is a hope that things will turn around. Regardless of the outcome, there was some celebration from Chargers, Ducks, and NFL fans at large on Tuesday as they news was announced. Here are some of the best reactions.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Twitter reacts to Justin Herbert’s mega contract extension with Chargers

Unbelievable. 52.5 million a year!?

Come on Justin , we be best friends!!!

• Haha 1

This will be the biggest contract for a week or two until the next QB contract is signed using Justin’s contract as a baseline. 

Still, a nice hunk of change. 

If that doesn't make highschool QB's want to be a Duck what will?

Super proud to be a Duck!!

Well deserved, with Kellen Moore as the new OC I think Justin's going to go to the moon next season.  

And to think that Cristobal wasted all that talent in Eugene.

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't forget Mahomes signed a 10 year 450 mil deal.  Herbert has the highest average, but Mahomes has the highest total contract.

I sort of wish Herbert did something like Mahomes.  I want the Charges to do well and that requires paying other players.  I hope the Chargers GM works his magic, so they can stay competitive.

On 7/26/2023 at 3:00 AM, Dave23 said:

If that doesn't make highschool QB's want to be a Duck what will?

Super proud to be a Duck!!

Todd McShade, where are you? Oops, in the unemployment line. I wish Todd and his family no ill will but the man did go way out of his way to ding JH's NFL prospects. So much for draft experts.

image.gif.de645c02a9a260118cedb7e54307fdb3.gif

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mahomes may have a 10 year contract, but by the time JH's contract is up JH will renew for $325 for 5 years. And this will all be before Maholmes resigns for an extension.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is pretty awesome news! 

Now, is anybody else here questioning why the pac-12 hasn't hired Herbert's agent, to negotiate this upcoming media deal? 

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

133 mil guaranteed!!!  Makes sense I guess,  he is one of the best young QBs in the League.  Maybe the best, I’m not extremely surprised.  Herbert is awesome 

On 7/26/2023 at 1:21 AM, kirklandduck said:

And to think that Cristobal wasted all that talent in Eugene.

I can hear Cristobal talking to a QB 5* recruit now: 

• "Come to Miami and prosper in the NFL!   I'm the guy that developed JH into the QB he is today."
  • Yikes! 1