lownslowav8r

Don’t Expect Anyone to Take the Blame for the PAC’s Death

Welcome to the brave (and poorer) new world. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

that is a great article!

Baloney.  He got hits and coverage digging the PAC-12 grave?  Screw him.  All the terrible things he wrote and now HE absolves himself of responsibility?

Journalists like him are part of what is wrong with today’s values, with current culture.  

“We fry you, but don’t blame us when a 100 year old conference collapses!”

I read this article earlier tonight, was repulsed, and was not going to post it.

• Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

The "Pac is weak" narrative was seeded years ago. Imo, it was seeded for this day specifically. It was echoed over and over.

Words mean something. They have tremendous power. Truth be damned. They say "the pen is mightier than the sword" for a reason. "Restraint of tongue and pen" is some of the best advice I have ever gotten.

Many can be blamed, many played a roll. But small seeds often grow into giants and provide coverge and shelter for vermin with ill intentions.

Narrative seeding is powerful. It seems to be a cultural norm in todays world. It has the power to bring nations to their knees.

Just my theory. Tin hat? Perhaps. It can be seen as the first shot across the bow. The Pac is now sunk.

The narrative that Oregon sunk it started a few days ago with Zano article implying the future of Pac is in Oregons hands.

Blame? Plenty to go around. Blame Ducks if you want. Doesn't matter. The Pac as we know it... dead. For "better or worse" will be debated for a long time.

In the end... lets play some football!!!

• Applause 1

Tough pill to swallow but Dennis Dodd was not wrong.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Friday marked a death knell for the 'Conference of Champions' and the end of the 'Power Five'

On 8/5/2023 at 3:24 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Baloney.  He got hits and coverage digging the PAC-12 grave?  Screw him.  All the terrible things he wrote and now HE absolves himself of responsibility?

Journalists like him are part of what is wrong with today’s values, with current culture.  

“We fry you, but don’t blame us when a 100 year old conference collapses!”

I read this article earlier tonight, was repulsed, and was not going to post it.

Flunk me? How about Flunk You!

image.gif.58056de0d599db81ef0559b4773990d1.gif

Edited by Jon Joseph

RIP!

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Remember the date. On August 4, 2023, college sports (read: football) changed forever. Here's how ... and why it was inevitable.

As I have read and listened to comments from officials and coaches from Stanford, Cal, OSU and WSU, as well as the pundits, a few meaningless thoughts, to share.

i take exception to their criticism of Oregon and UW destroying the conference for more money. That ball got rolling by usuck and uclasuck. 

From that point on the 10 presidents and GK made repeated business mistakes that put them in this dire situation. They all did this.......

As for money, the Apple offer was a low ball smack in the face to ALL PAC members. If you want to grow a sports broadcasting network, then pay the entertainers.

Apple misread the room. They did not anticipate the BIG invite for the 2 PAC anchors. End of story.....

However, lets flip this lazy, whining narrative by CAL, Stanford, WSU and OSU around. Many of you wont like this, so here goes.

Those 4 schools brought very little dollar value to the table. They have done well with the $20 milluon per year under the current linear contract.

Apple offered $20 million, plus incentives. With less immediate exposure. That money worked for those 4 schools. Not for others 

Those schools want UO and UW to take less money and get less exposure. And cast guilt on those schools for destroying the PAC.

That's BS. A load of BS.

Dont tell me its about greed and money you 2 faces hypocrits....

You want the $20 million so you dont have to take $4 million in the MWC........

Its okay that UO and uw get undervalued for their brand so you dont have to take less.

Shut the hec up and get busy fixing the mess you are in. You have options with the MWC, expansion invites, Apple, CW and espn.

Instead of riding coattails build your brands or shut the hec up ......

• Applause 3

Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan. It's human nature.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2023 at 5:15 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Instead of riding coattails build your brands or shut the hec up ..

Well said!  The whole thing.  And the above quote can apply to the programs left behind and Apple.