Charles Fischer

The USC Disrespect for Dan Lanning and Oregon Just Reached New Levels-Whew!

I am not going to hit you guys with this all the time, but it is helpful to see the additional disrespect beyond recruiting, the school size, etc.  Now it extends to new borders of denigration--in areas I would not have expected...'Oregon wins by cheating' is a common theme.  We are the dark-side to them...not a worthy adversary, but truly evil.

Oregon Cheats

"When you're laying out payment plans to HS kids that's what happens. Lanning learned how to do so in the SEC and he also has Lupoi, a known cheater. It's not difficult to figure out. Oregon recruits better than any school who doesn't actually win or prove anything come gameday. It's no mystery."

"What is great is how their recruiting won't actually amount to winning due to their coaching staff being yet again pumped up but actually do not have any sense when it comes to X's and O's or game management. There isn't a kid who truly wants to go to Oregon, they don't have anything to offer. If you take away the money the recruits are getting they wouldn't be ranked in the top 20 in regards to recruiting."

"It's NIL- we aren't playing in the mud. So typical SC, it's why we have struggled for years. We pretend to be all in on winning but aren't actually. Pay Riley a ton of $, but then stop short of paying players what the market dictates their worth to be. Can't blame a kid for taking 6 figures at 18, not knowing how long his career will last, and that he can transfer at any time if it doesn't work out. We don't seem to get that."

"It’s not cheating if there’s no punishment. Credit to Oregon for taking HS recruiting seriously."

Phil Knight_KC_FP.jpg

"As Phil nears his imminent death he will become increasingly desperate to buy his way to success the same way he bought Nike’s success on the back of child labor and unfair wages in China where he wasn’t the first to do so but does that make it okay? The Ducks have followed the model. Market a nothing product with no real advantage to the ignorant masses to sustain while forgoing ethics and fair play until you strike gold and then you don’t need to subvert."

"Anytime USC loses a recruit it’s due to NIL but we land a recruit it’s due to great recruiting…lol."

"Other schools trying to get him$$ but ducks still stand in the best position$. Probably goes all the way but there’s been a lot of rumors about him committing early season. UNLESS Nebraska drops a huge bag (similar to auburn for the dudes they’ve flipped) it’s not hard to see how this ends. Baker will be a duck."

"Do agree about Breland, though. Heavy lean to Ducks then UGA but I doubt Ducks don’t get a $neaky last visit in for him."

"I just wonder how the Big 10 react to the in your face cheating. I agree nobody goes to Oregon if cash isn’t involved. I also believe if SC goes in there and beats them by a couple Touchdowns players will see the big difference in coaching."

"Oregon has Phil Knight’s money to offer recruits. Their NIL piggy bank is bigger than ours - so they choose to spend it on a certain kind of HS recruit whose primary concern is NIL that we don’t."

Dan Lanning at practice_Eric Evans Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

Dan Lanning is a Poor Coach

"Advanced Stats on Lanning say he is a mediocre coach at best. And I expect Bo Nix to revert back to his usual self this year. He's living of the Kirby defense and championship. Kirby didn't seem to bothered when he left."

"I think the exact quote from Advanced Stats was “The last thing I’m worried about is Dan Lanning.”

"Oregon will still lose games. Let’s not think that Lanning is this guru defensive coordinator when he was a co coordinator and was 2 fiddle to Will Muschamp oh and Kirby smart."

Boy....there is some serious hatred there my Duck-Buddies....isn't it great?

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 2

Mr. FishDuck

Which school lost to Tulane?

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 8/10/2023 at 11:12 AM, jrw said:

Which school lost to Tulane?

Right.  The perfect come-back to USC fans about anything is....

"Beat Tulane and get back to me."

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I used to go to SC games regularly when you could actually park in the nearby neighborhoods and walk to the game without fear of mugging or finding your car gone after the game.  It was a great venue.  My neighborhoods in Bend and up river are full of people trying to get away from there now.

These unfortunate people, so much toxicity in the air now that they can not see beyond their own their own sad thoughts.  

You could not pay me enough to live anywhere near University of Spoiled Children.  What a horrible place to go to school or raise a family.  Cheaters lol.. I'd suggest those who post these pitiful comments check who has been busted by the NCAA so far. My kids could have gone to school anywhere and they chose U of O and Oregon St.  Go Ducks and wishing good luck to Beavers.

A lot of mind boggling, baseless conspiracy theories in there. But the statement that cracked me up the most was regarding Phil Knight/ Nike's support of Oregon:

"Market a nothing product with no real advantage to the ignorant masses"

Has this guy seen the Nike swooshes on the front of USC's jerseys and athletic apparel licensed by USC??

• Haha 3
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ha, drop this in their thread.

BRANDIRECTORY.COM

The annual report on the most valuable and strongest apparel brands

Nike is the largest clothing line, not just athletic, but all clothing in the world.  It isn't even close; they are 10 billion ahead of 2nd place.  When you get to 4th place, Nike doubles the total sales.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

This is what happens when they begin to wallow in ignorance.  Ignorance begets ignorance.  It can't help but grow into complete stupidity in their own reasoning or thoughts.

They would rather believe a lie instead of the truth of the matter.  They just can't seem to come to grips to the reality of the facts.

It's called "blue blood  syndrome".  Or as someone else on another post best described the root cause to their mental breakdown.... "Duck Derangement Syndrome."

6cc4965f741798178be59deaf4ca6671.jpg&f=1

• Thumbs Up 2

The Ducks are going to need a bigger bulletin board to handle all this material SUC has given them.

On 8/10/2023 at 11:33 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Right.  The perfect come-back to USC fans about anything is....

"Beat Tulane and get back to me."

giphy.gif

The Tulane game, what happens when the turnover luck they had last season ends. This season we will again see their turnover numbers go back to the mean, or below. 

Some teams rely, and revel in the luck they have, others work hard, and execute. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, these delusional fans remind me more and more of Dr. Leo Marvin in the movie “What About Bob? The more Bob’s endearing qualities emerge, the more deranged Dr. Marvin becomes. In the final scene he goes completely catatonic when Bob scores the ultimate success: Marrying his favorite sister Lilly! That be like us winning the natty, led by our marvelous staff, show casing our trendy uniforms and celebrating our great alumni support!

Go Ducks!

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/10/2023 at 11:37 AM, Jemangi said:

I used to go to SC games regularly when you could actually park in the nearby neighborhoods and walk to the game without fear of mugging or finding your car gone after the game.  It was a great venue.  My neighborhoods in Bend and up river are full of people trying to get away from there now.

These unfortunate people, so much toxicity in the air now that they can not see beyond their own their own sad thoughts.  

You could not pay me enough to live anywhere near University of Spoiled Children.  What a horrible place to go to school or raise a family.  Cheaters lol.. I'd suggest those who post these pitiful comments check who has been busted by the NCAA so far. My kids could have gone to school anywhere and they chose U of O and Oregon St.  Go Ducks and wishing good luck to Beavers.

And we had to get out of Bend  😆 and bailed to LaPine because of it

On 8/10/2023 at 11:03 AM, Charles Fischer said:

so they choose to spend it on a certain kind of HS recruit whose primary concern is NIL that we don’t.

Project much?

Thanks so much @Charles Fischer for these threads—they are my fave. 

• Thanks 1