Charles Fischer

B1G is FASCINATED With Oregon's Uniforms...

I've seen quite a bit written about our uniforms from, and it just keeps coming...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Yet I understand...any idea how it took me to compile all the helmets over the years--for our avatars?

Helmets 1.jpg

Helmets 2.jpg

It is quite the brand!

• Wow 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

More homage paid to our uniforms...

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I'd say Maryland is the flashiest brand in the B1G (apart from the new comers) and they don't have anything on Oregon either in the uniform game or on the field. 

Oregon has disrupted college football as a rising football power and in the uniform game. 

The B1G is full of a whole lot of boring and traditional uniforms... Oregon isn't that. 

On 8/12/2023 at 1:49 PM, David Marsh said:

I'd say Maryland is the flashiest brand in the B1G (apart from the new comers) and they don't have anything on Oregon either in the uniform game or on the field. 

Oregon has disrupted college football as a rising football power and in the uniform game. 

The B1G is full of a whole lot of boring and traditional uniforms... Oregon isn't that. 

I'm pretty sure the guy who designed the Maryland helmets was visiting Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds.

image.gif.bad10f50a8f02ef73b33fed01f7cc736.gif

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Folks in Happy Valley, eat your hearts out!

image.gif.7925b4c3f6559428e6601d05de3b535b.gif

• Mic drop 1

On 8/12/2023 at 10:49 AM, David Marsh said:

You got Penn State and Nebraska. If those don't exude flash, I don't know what does.

whatchu-talkin-about-willis-arnold-jackson.gif

Edited by GatOrlando
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When I was a young boy yet to have a horse in the race, I think it was the mesozoic period, I was enthralled with this team on tv that came out every week. Plain white uniforms with nothing but a blue stripe and a number. I'm not even sure they had names sewn on them at this point. They seemingly kicked the crap out of everyone.  My first favorite team.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/12/2023 at 9:16 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Yet I understand...any idea how it took me to compile all the helmets over the years--for our avatars?

Helmets 1.jpg

Helmets 2.jpg

It is quite the brand!

You're amazing FishDuck!!

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

What's not to be fascinated with?!

They not only rock the looks, Oregon plays a very entertaining, fun to watch brand of football. 

The missus and I have been blessed to do quite a bit of traveling the past 16 years, in and outside the US.

We always wear Duck gear when we travel (suitcases are green with yellow ribbons attached), everywhere we go, people recognize the "O". It has been so fun to hear "go Ducks" as we walk around in some remote place far from Eugene. 

Yeah, the uni's are way cool!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/12/2023 at 11:09 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I'm pretty sure the guy who designed the Maryland helmets was visiting Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds.

It's appears that Timothy Leary not only influenced the Beatles and Sgt. Pepper, but Maryland helmets as well. 

• Applause 1

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was a great song!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/12/2023 at 5:40 PM, Jemangi said:

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was a great song!

On one of The Greatest albums of all time.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/12/2023 at 11:09 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Oh I think they are a mess... But they did try something new which is far more than what can be said about pretty much every other B1G program. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Before Lennon & McCartney, there was Calvert and Crossland

[color line drawing, Maryland State Flag]Maryland's flag bears the arms of the Calvert and Crossland families. Calvert was the family name of the Lords Baltimore who founded Maryland, and their colors of gold and black appear in the first and fourth quarters of the flag. Crossland was the family of the mother of George Calvert, first Lord Baltimore. The red and white Crossland colors, with a cross bottony, appear in the second and third quarters. 

This flag first was flown October 11, 1880, in Baltimore at a parade marking the 150th anniversary of the founding of Baltimore. It also was flown October 25, 1888, at Gettysburg Battlefield for ceremonies dedicating monuments to Maryland regiments of the Army of the Potomac. Officially, it was adopted as the State flag in 1904 (Chapter 48, Acts of 1904, effective March 9, 1904). 

• Cool 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/12/2023 at 4:38 PM, Jon Joseph said:

On one of The Greatest albums of all time.

Since we’re talking Beatles, I love the Oregon Band’s rendition of “Got to Get You Into My Life”. Rosé Bowls, Holidays, the Men Of Oregon rocking it on the field. Let the good times roll!

• Applause 1

On 8/12/2023 at 9:52 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

Before Lennon & McCartney, there was Calvert and Crossland

[color line drawing, Maryland State Flag]Maryland's flag bears the arms of the Calvert and Crossland families. Calvert was the family name of the Lords Baltimore who founded Maryland, and their colors of gold and black appear in the first and fourth quarters of the flag. Crossland was the family of the mother of George Calvert, first Lord Baltimore. The red and white Crossland colors, with a cross bottony, appear in the second and third quarters. 

This flag first was flown October 11, 1880, in Baltimore at a parade marking the 150th anniversary of the founding of Baltimore. It also was flown October 25, 1888, at Gettysburg Battlefield for ceremonies dedicating monuments to Maryland regiments of the Army of the Potomac. Officially, it was adopted as the State flag in 1904 (Chapter 48, Acts of 1904, effective March 9, 1904). 

For anybody that doesn't or hasn't lived in Maryland, the flag is on everything. As I write this, I am wearing a MD shirt with a blue crab on the back painted with the MD Flag. People that have dogs, put dog stickers with the flag

on it, people that have horses do the same and 1/2 the state has a blue crab with the flag on their car bumper. It wasn't a flash of brilliance for Kevin Plank, a Bethesda kid, to use the MD Flag on UMD's uniforms once the

uniform color revolution was started by Oregon. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/12/2023 at 3:16 PM, SmithRiverDuck said:

When I was a young boy yet to have a horse in the race, I think it was the mesozoic period, I was enthralled with this team on tv that came out every week. Plain white uniforms with nothing but a blue stripe and a number. I'm not even sure they had names sewn on them at this point. They seemingly kicked the crap out of everyone.  My first favorite team.

As you can discern from my reference to 'album' and not disc above, I too am an old timer.

But I go back to the Paleozoic era and thus consider you to be a pup! (Kidding, of course!)

image.gif.3cc5907acff528fb4076e490fc213316.gif

• Haha 1