spartan2785

Week 1 Thread for Non-Oregon games

Thought I would start a thread for all the other games across the country today

CU looked pretty decent during their first drive, probably helps that TCU was giving them way too much respect.

TCU-CU game highlighting early the annual divergence in PI penalty discernment between conferences.

Big12 refs swallow the whistle from time to time......Pac12 crews in recent years appear to be paid per flag.

Not impressed by Morris for TCU, has missed some throws, bad interception, he's a big downgrade from last year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kevin Mar and his crew are surprisingly not screwing up the TCU Colorado game. I just remember him hosing the Ducks on a few occasions. Especially the 2019 WSU game. I guess you automatically improve once you cease being a Pac 12 ref.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

Is it just me or do others find themselves rooting against coach Sanders? His ego and arrogance is a huge turn off to me.

I usually root for P12 teams, struggling with this one though 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 10:40 AM, Log Haulin said:

Is it just me or do others find themselves rooting against coach Sanders? His ego and arrogance is a huge turn off to me.

I usually root for P12 teams, struggling with this one though 

That's called black confidence.  Willie Taggart was like that too.  The difference? Well I think you are seeing the difference.  

Don't mistake black style for arrogance.  Until the 90s, black men were invisible.  All that "clowmanship" isn't arrogance.  It's regular life in many black neighborhoods. 

Do not mistake style as character.  They are completely different.  Sanders is all character.  

I mentioned I believed Sanders would be successful.  Because I know Sanders is a man of character.  I ignore the bravado when I talk to black men, I pay attention to what they say and what they do.  

But I grew up around it (obviously), so I know what to look for.  One of the greatest experiences I ever had was moving to Eugene and recognizing people I was told were racist weren't.  Because they didn't judge my style.  They sought and found out who I was...they vetted my character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey...huge props to Colorado, they played discipline football, Sanders looks like an incredibly mature QB who has a full command of his offense, Hunter is a stud, just incredibly inspired play by them. 

Fuskies starting slow. 😆

Indiana giving tOSU a game!

I'll be interested to see how Texas ends up against Rice, only up by 7 in the 2nd quarter, think they are massively overrated once again, but could be wrong of course😅

JT Daniels with Rice now in what seems like his 10th team.

Edited by spartan2785

On 9/2/2023 at 1:37 PM, spartan2785 said:

I'll be interested to see how Texas ends up against Rice, only up by 7 in the 2nd quarter, think they are massively overrated once again, but could be wrong of course😅

JT Daniels with Rice now in what seems like his 10th team.

JT Daniels? ... Thought he'd be retired, collecting social security by now. 

Cal is tied with North Texas 14-14, beginning of 2nd quarter. Channel surfing, so I really don't know how Cal looks.

BSU mounting a come back, back to back scores right out of halftime.

UW's offense is all Michael Pennix, if he goes down with an injury they're toast.

We appear to be seriously deep at running back.

Dollars scors for nevada first drive. USuC D is soft

• Thumbs Up 1

Cal surprisingly put up 58 points!  I know it's North Texas they were playing but still, I'm a little shocked.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wouldn't it be great for the PAC12 to sweep week one?

I can't watch UCLA play because Spectrum and Disney are still fighting. If this doesn't get fixed soon I'm going to miss some Ducks games or have to get fubo tv...in the meantime I'm sure spectrum will prob eat refund the Disney portion of my cable contract for now...yea right.

Really good game brewing between UCLA and Coastal Carolina!!!

Matt Rhule getting the Scott Frost treatment hilariously at Nebraska for continuing the tradition of 1 score losses.

CLUTCHPOINTS.COM

Nebraska Cornhuskers football fans had flashbacks to former coach Scott Frost during Matt Rhule's awful debut vs. Minnesota.

• Haha 1

Was Mari in charge of clock management in this game?

WWW.MSN.COM

• Haha 1

Beavus in a tight contest in San Jose. DJ doesn't look like anything special. 

On 9/3/2023 at 1:41 PM, Log Haulin said:

TBH all DJ needs to be is average, which would be a significant step up from what they had last year.

On 9/3/2023 at 1:41 PM, Log Haulin said:

They are looking like a MWC team so far. 

I'm not able to watch the game live, catching it on ESPN game cast but the Beavers seem to handling SJSU ok.  It's not a runaway but I think SJSU is a much better team than any FCS team.  The new QB Ulagalelei is having a nice outing (so far) at 9-11, 109 yds and a TD.  Boy, is the soon-to-be-extinct Pac-12 loaded with good QB's this year.   21-3 Beavers at the Half.

Edited by Mic
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 2:04 PM, Mic said:

I'm not able to watch the game live, catching it on ESPN game cast but the Beavers seem to handling SJSU ok.  It's not a runaway but I think SJSU is a much better team than any FCS team.  

Butterfield looked great for SJSU. Drove it down the fiels in 2 min drill and got a touchdown pass. Well done Butters

On 9/3/2023 at 3:57 PM, Log Haulin said:

Butterfield looked great for SJSU. Drove it down the fiels in 2 min drill and got a touchdown pass. Well done Butters

Yeah, I wish Butterfield well.  As a former Duck whom things just didn't work out for I expect him to play well for his team. Oregon is so so rich right now in QB talent.

Edited by Mic

Looking like Clemson might be going down, pretty sloppy play by them overall, not that impressive at all, Duke has not played a perfect game by any stretch yet up two TDs.

Should jump up a spot if that holds.

Not looking good for Clemson playing the Dukies.

Lincoln Riley's younger brother has surely goosed the O, right?

FSU has to be loving this. Ditto, the Domers.

When's the last time Duke beat Clemson?

On 9/4/2023 at 11:13 PM, Mic said:

I don't know other than for this evening. Duke 28 Clemson 7. A 5 game Clemson winning streak over the Blue Devils comes to an end. 

2 top 10 teams go down in week 1. 5. LSU and 9. Clemson.

The ACC went 2-1 against the SEC. The Pac-12 went 1-0.

On 9/4/2023 at 11:13 PM, Mic said:

I believe they said 1989

On 9/4/2023 at 8:42 PM, NJDuck said:

I believe they said 1989

Well, good for them!