FishDuck Article

Ducks Push PSU Around While Duck Pushes the Ground

In Autzen Stadium there is a jumbotron that shows highlights, stats, hype videos, and several other pieces of information. One thing that the jumbotron displays is the pushup count for the Duck. For those who are uninitiated, the University of Oregon mascot does pushups equivalent to the teams total score whenever the Ducks score. On Saturday against Portland State, the ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Ducks dominate Vikings to start playoff-hopeful 2023 campaign. Just how many pushups did the Duck do?
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

I agree with you Ryan that the Ducks pushed the Vikings all around Autzen, and then some.

It was a fun game to watch and went as we all expected. Other than

the Vikings 2nd offensive series and a little luck on a couple of Viking overthrows, the Duck D showed  improvement, in places.

Was a little disappointed that the D registered no sacks, however, PSU was getting the ball out quick but with no success.

It was a great scrimmage and warm-up for TT and beyond. The Duck O looked like the pre Bo injury offense and that spells trouble for future foes.

The D unit played assignment football, except for the first quarter and special teams play was encouraging. Tez is gonna break one for a score this year.......

Looking forward to the real season opener next week in Lubbock. The Red Raiders will rebound from their loss and fiercely defend their home turf.

IMHO, the Ducks have too much fire power on offense. They should put 50 plus up again next week.

TT has plenty of fireworks, too. So the Duck D will need to make solid week one to week 2 improvement. Keeping TT under 25 points at home would be a good start.

Shough made some wild throws when he was under pressure. When the Duck D applies pressure we should see a few sacks and turnovers next week.

Top 10 teams win on the road against teams they should beat. OBD's should beat TT on paper, so lets make it happen on the field.

Great week one win! Now go get win number 2.

Go Ducks........

Yes, obvious MVP of the game, the Duck! What a performance!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I wonder how much of DL’s defensive scheme was shown during this game. The defense looked pretty vanilla on the first couple of drives. 

• Thumbs Up 1

People like to laugh at the Duck mascot when he does the pushups after each score, not going all the way down then up.  Hey, try doing this in a costume like that.  And then try doing 546 of them in one game.  If Oregon keeps up this scoring barrage the Duck may have to invent a new celebratory antic - before he collapses in cardiac arrest.  Someone please keep the AED handy!

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 5:19 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I wonder how much of DL’s defensive scheme was shown during this game. The defense looked pretty vanilla on the first couple of drives. 

Scheme wise everything looked very vanilla. 

But the important part was that after some initial problems the defense settled down and got insync with each other. 

When our 2s and 3s were on the field (at first against their 1s and then against their 2s) we only gave up 1 fist down. 

The ducks only gave up 8 first downs the entire game! 

PSU earned their one score... But they weren't going to get a second that's for sure. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ryan!

So great to have you back as a writer again for the FishDuck audience.  David Marsh and I were at the game, and it was GREAT fun watching all the scoring. Now to go over the game to see things in depth...

Fun article, and again--WELCOME BACK!

Mr. FishDuck

The Ducks played so well, after settling-in, that it was hard to believe it was the 1st game of the season.  But, being as it was PSU, an FCS team, it's really hard to get an accurate read on things.  After next week's game in Lubbock fans should get a much better idea of how well this team has been coached and prepared and how good the defense can be.  In fact it might not be until late Sept. when Colorado comes to town before we really know for sure. 

On 9/3/2023 at 7:47 AM, Mic said:

People like to laugh at the Duck mascot when he does the pushups after each score, not going all the way down then up.  Hey, try doing this in a costume like that.  And then try doing 546 of them in one game.  If Oregon keeps up this scoring barrage the Duck may have to invent a new celebratory antic - before he collapses in cardiac arrest.  Someone please keep the AED handy!

I think The Duck's bill keeps him from dropping down all the way--and I'm sure The Duck is okay with that. 🙂

The math is off with the points—should be 81, but you love to see it:

IMG_1484.png

On 9/3/2023 at 9:08 AM, Annie said:

I think The Duck's bill keeps him from dropping down all the way--and I'm sure The Duck is okay with that. 🙂

Is it the bill, or the belly? Could be both.😁

• Haha 1