Log Haulin

Game Day Games of Interest

Watching Colorodo v. Nebraska. So far N looks like the better team. Hard to tell with all the Deon fan boys jabbering in the booth.

Neb hurt themselves with a unnecessary TO. Go Huskers!

Baylor giving Utah a battle too.  Both teams 3 punts apiece.  Herbstreit the only one of 6 on CGD to pick Texas Tech.  Wow! Joe Namath looks ancient!

Colorado doesn't look as good this week. Perhaps TCU just isn't very good this year.

I think the Ducks will learn a lot about how to play CU in a couple of weeks from this game with Nebraska. 

Nebraska playing good D. Colorado might not be the greatest after all. Who woulda thunk it. 

So far its just two bad football teams. 

On 9/9/2023 at 9:57 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Colorado doesn't look as good this week. Perhaps TCU just isn't very good this year.

I think the Ducks will learn a lot about how to play CU in a couple of weeks from this game with Nebraska. 

TCU isn't. The lost some of their best players from last year. 

Baylor kicks a FG to go up 3-0 on a (so-far) lackluster looking Utah bunch.  They're playing like they're suffering jet-lag. Early in the 2nd Qtr.

On 9/9/2023 at 9:59 AM, Log Haulin said:

TCU isn't. The lost some of their best players from last year. 

They'll look like a completely different team today.  Oregon coming to Waco will do that to a Texas team.  I see a tough battle ahead and a game Oregon will be happy to escape from with a win.  I hope I'm wrong and they dispatch the Red Raiders decisively.

Colorado v. Nebraska... just two bad teams doing what bad teams do.

It's still early but Utah just doesn't look like they're playing well enough to win the game.  Baylor only marginally better but if I had to hazard a guess at this point (5 minutes left in the 2nd) I bet Baylor wins this and that won't be good for the Pac. Still 3-3.  Make that 10-3 Baylor with 3 1/2 minutes left in the 1st Half.

Edited by Mic

On 9/9/2023 at 9:58 AM, Log Haulin said:

Nebraska playing good D. Colorado might not be the greatest after all. Who woulda thunk it. 

So far its just two bad football teams. 

But Nebraska's offense is a special kinda of awful. 

• Salute 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

After the first half, Colorado's MVP is Nebraska's quarterback. Three turnovers, two of which we're well inside Nebraska territory and resulted in Colorado's only 10 points.

Also, Colorado's secondary isn't looking that great to me. Bo is going to pick those guys apart.

On 9/9/2023 at 10:41 AM, CountryProf said:

After the first half, Colorado's MVP is Nebraska's quarterback. Three turnovers, two of which we're well inside Nebraska territory and resulted in Colorado's only 10 points.

Also, Colorado's secondary isn't looking that great to me. Bo is going to pick those guys apart.

And Bucky is going to run free. 

Also I think our defensive line will maul their offensive line. Nebraska is pretty awful looking and they're still getting some pressure. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/9/2023 at 10:27 AM, David Marsh said:

3 To's... i would have to agree. Nebraska bad is exposing Colorado bad.

On 9/9/2023 at 10:43 AM, Log Haulin said:

3 To's... i would have to agree. Nebraska bad is exposing Colorado bad.

But imagine the press should CU win this even if they play lousy.  Deion for President!

Wow, Nebraska needs a qb, feel for the guy, but this is big boy football. Not sure how you stay with this kid under center. 6 turnovers in 6 quarters, pathetic. Do they have a backup qb?

Nebraska defense is showing the Buffs offense isn't all that great. 

On 9/9/2023 at 1:27 PM, David Marsh said:

They play like last year’s Iowa offense.

Isnt the objective to score? Poor Nebraska.

Nebraska's long and continuing drought of winning football is still a puzzle to me.  If I weren't as old as I am it would be easy to think this team had never been anything more than mediocre-at-best program. But it USED to be one of the great football powers. At least for a decade or two.  What is the problem that this team can't right the ship and become at least a dangerous one again?

Great play call on 2nd and 17 for Neb. Everyone was looking pass. Well done coach.

Man. Utah, without Cam Rising and their TE's are a very vanilla-looking offense which is pretty bad news given how poorly Baylor is making their Defense look.  Today, for Utah, it's Run, or Dun.

On 9/9/2023 at 2:03 PM, Mic said:

Nebraska's long and continuing drought of winning football is still a puzzle to me.  If I weren't as old as I am it would be easy to think this team had never been anything more than mediocre-at-best program. But it USED to be one of the great football powers. At least for a decade or two.  What is the problem that this team can't right the ship and become at least a dangerous one again?

I think Matt Ruhl is a good coach and will turn the program around there. This is his first year at Nebraska and he came into an empty cupboard after Scott Frost was fired. When he was here in Philly, he turned the Temple program around in 3 years, going from the dumpster into one of the best. Then he left for Baylor and turned that program around in a few years before going pro. I think Nebraska will do fine with him but he needs time to bring in his players.

On 9/9/2023 at 11:20 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

I think Nebraska will do fine with him but he needs time to bring in his players.

I kinda agree with you on this, but this is also Colorado's first year with an entirely new team of players, coaches and everything else.  They've been completely rebuilt from the ground up and while you can see they still have a ways to go, they're light-years ahead of where Neb is right now.  Good luck to Matt Ruhl.

On 9/9/2023 at 11:20 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

I think Matt Ruhl is a good coach and will turn the program around there. This is his first year at Nebraska and he came into an empty cupboard after Scott Frost was fired. When he was here in Philly, he turned the Temple program around in 3 years, going from the dumpster into one of the best. Then he left for Baylor and turned that program around in a few years before going pro. I think Nebraska will do fine with him but he needs time to bring in his players.

It's going to be a long rebuild ... this Nebraska team looks completely lost out there. Defense has some bright spots but that offense is one of the worst things I've seen in quite awhile. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nebraska might beat the Portland St Vikings by 14--maybe.

On 9/9/2023 at 11:35 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

Nebraska might beat the Portland St Vikings by 14--maybe.

But it'd be close in the 4th! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Colorado is pretty legit. It will be a one score game when they come to Autzen.

• Haha 1

Nebraska is literally handing a W to Colorado. Wow, cant say I have seen such bad offence in awhile. Looks like another week of love fest for Deon and the Buffs.

On 9/9/2023 at 11:49 AM, Log Haulin said:

Nebraska is literally handing a W to Colorado. Wow, cant say I have seen such bad offence in awhile. Looks like another week of love fest for Deon and the Buffs.

Let them get ranked higher.... 

All the better for when they come to Autzen. 

Nebraska's defense is now playing sloppy with the penalties. Lots of off sides penalties. 

One of the things we could really take away from last week for the Ducks is that they played clean and didn't get any truly dumb penalties. 

Utah’s youth at QB is obvious today. Clemson is officially in big trouble as a program.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

Also... Colorado has at least 2 unsportsmanlike penalties that I've seen, haven't been watching the whole game. That's pretty sloppy and avoidable. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/9/2023 at 11:49 AM, Log Haulin said:

I hate to say this but Utah looks just about as bad right now on Offense. This sort of performance sure doesn't speak well of the level of play in the soon-to-be-dead Pac-12.  I'm really puzzled because Baylor isn't looking that good on defense that Utah would look so bad.

Edited by Mic

On 9/9/2023 at 11:54 AM, David Marsh said:

Let them get ranked higher.... 

All the better for when they come to Autzen. 

Nebraska's defense is now playing sloppy with the penalties. Lots of off sides penalties. 

One of the things we could really take away from last week for the Ducks is that they played clean and didn't get any truly dumb penalties. 

2 unsportsmanlike on Buffs? I think it's a tell. The "we fight" vid from a few weeks ago was concerning. Could be nothing but...

On 9/9/2023 at 2:56 PM, David Marsh said:

Also... Colorado has at least 2 unsportsmanlike penalties that I've seen, haven't been watching the whole game. That's pretty sloppy and avoidable. 

The one area in which they are not sloppy is ball security. They don’t turn the ball over.

Utes bow up and get the pick. Huge play tied late

Never seen that before, running parallel to the goal line for 3-4 seconds instead of just scoring the TD.  Smart move on the RB. Maybe Utah survives?

One more second in the game. Baylor still alive. LOL

Nope!  Utah!

On 9/9/2023 at 12:34 PM, Mic said:

Never seen that before, running parallel to the goal line for 3-4 seconds instead of just scoring the TD.  Smart move on the RB. Maybe Utah survives?

Should have taken a knee

On 9/9/2023 at 12:34 PM, Mic said:

It looked like Baylor just gave up on that play entirely. I initially thought there was something called to stop the play but it was still live.

On 9/9/2023 at 12:37 PM, Log Haulin said:

Should have taken a knee

Well, he didn't try to score, the Baylor defender knocked him into the end zone.  Me, I prefer the TD if it's there because I've seen too many missed or blocked FG's.  

That 2nd to last pass play near the end by Baylor should be the play Whittingham is angered by the most.  Never let the defender get behind you, even if you have to take a 15 yard penalty for pass interference.  Oh, and the pass interference that wasn't called in the end zone, that wasn't pass interference 90% of the time, imo. No one should be complaining about that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know it's going to annoy people that Colorado won this week.  They are clearly well coached.  That really aren't that talented, but they are exploiting Nebraska miscues like a talented team does.  

That's simply very good coaching.  They will get their dose of humble pie though.  As some have pointed out, lethal offenses are going to light the Buffs up, and solid defenses are going to shut them down.  

We are going to see how good USC's defense is when they play the Buffs.  We will see if Arizona and ASU actually have potent offenses. We will also see how good Oregon State's offense is.  

Colorado is truly going to expose coaches this year.  They are going to grow-meaning they are going to reduce their mistakes and make teams beat them solely with talent (instead of exploiting Colorado mistakes).  

Coaches around the country have already commented on how poised Colorado's players are.  They demonstrated that again, and took control of this game.  Better, mind you, than Minnesota did last week.  

Nebraska needs to move on from QB Sims ( unfortunately).  He can't finish drives, and his OC set him up well enough to do so.  If Nebraska's defense maintains and progresses, HC Ruhl will upset a couple of his Big Ten West rivals (as long as they get that offense going).  

Colorado is capable of winning half their games if the grow each week ( yes AZ and ASU's defenses are that bad).  

On 9/9/2023 at 12:46 PM, David Marsh said:

It looked like Baylor just gave up on that play entirely. I initially thought there was something called to stop the play but it was still live.

They did.  Baylor wanted him to score to get the ball back.  And we saw why after the TD the way Utah let Baylor move down the field.

On 9/9/2023 at 12:47 PM, Mike West said:

Colorado is capable of winning half their games if the grow each week ( yes AZ and ASU's defenses are that bad).  

I can certainly see them beating AZ and ASU.  And I can see them being a thorn in the side when they come to Eugene - but we'll know more when we see the outcome of the TT game this afternoon.

On 9/9/2023 at 12:47 PM, Mike West said:

Coaches around the country have already commented on how poised Colorado's players are.  They demonstrated that again, and took control of this game.  Better, mind you, than Minnesota did last week.  

I disagree. I don't think colorado took control of this game. 4 turnovers handed this victory to the Buffs.

Nebraska D kinda gave up, which is unfortunate. Huskers were dominating Buffs first half. But with the O giving the ball up so much, just kinda looked like the D said "Whats the point?"

Hope the team doesn't quit on Rhule. I don't think they are as bad s they looked. QB play is horrendous, gotta fix that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Six minutes into the Miami aTm game, Miami has had two three and outs, a blocked punt, and an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Mario, do your teams underachieve?

If Miami can’t fill their stadium when hosting a team with a cult following like A&M then they have problems. 

On 9/9/2023 at 1:36 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

If Miami can’t fill their stadium when hosting a team with a cult following like A&M then they have problems. 

Looks pretty full to me.  And A&M is having trouble with the noise.  They had to call two timeouts in the 1st QTR.

On 9/9/2023 at 12:47 PM, Mic said:

Oh, and the pass interference that wasn't called in the end zone, that wasn't pass interference 90% of the time, imo. No one should be complaining about that.

I didn´t think it was defensive pass interference because it looked to me like the offensive player initiated the contact. After that, they were both just going for the ball.

In the A&M Miami game the offenses are clicking.  And you have to hand it to Miami, they have a star in the bud at QB, Tyler Van Dyke.  Go A&M!