Charles Fischer

Huskies HATE Truth from One of Their Own About Oregon Recruiting

Wowsa.  One of their own fans wrote this below...and it was not well received.

Nooney71 responding to posts about Oregon:
They are turning over their roster! You guy's act like losing people is a bad thing when it's actually a good thing. If a kid isn't that good get rid of him and replace him with someone better! Look how it's working out for Colorado. I saw in week 1 the two teams with the most turnover from last year both won in week 1. The top talent has really been choosing Oregon in the last couple years. 

They are getting better each year with recruiting.

Team Rankings 9-13.jpg

I wish UW had Oregon's talent and roster! If we don't beat Oregon this year we likely won't beat them for a while. I don't want that to happen. You guy's can keep making the same argument about their coach sucks, and we coach our kids up, but reality is about to slap you in the face. If we don't pick up our recruiting--the talent gap is going to be too large to make up. It's weird how some of you think! If you polled the entire country on whose roster they would rather have? (People from Washington and Oregon can't vote) I would bet that 90% would pick Oregon.

The 10% who picked Washington likely don't know or watch football. This isn't about Oregon; it's about UW getting better at recruiting or we are going to be in trouble. CKD is not Gosh who can just take anyone, and make them winners. He's great at X's and O's, but recruiting is not very impressive so far. I see the lies people spew about recruiting, and I have just stayed silent. I am going to say that some of you are just making stuff up to make CKD look better, when in reality he's not doing what many of you say he does.

I know this is vague but I don't want to get into specifics. I am a big fan of CKD, but his recruiting has to get better or he will likely be out of a job in 3 to 4 years. I am not impressed with this recruiting class at all. He has to do better no matter how full your half glass is.

UW rankings 9-13.jpg

Yikes!

• Yikes! 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

I can not disagree with anything Noonie71 said about UW coaches or recruiting... who knew there was a Husky actually pays attention.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

More reactions from Husky fans...  (We gotta count our blessings, Duck-Buddies!)

"Well, my expectation after an 11-2 season and an in incredible head coach/OC combo is to be whooping Duke in recruiting in Football.  That isn’t happening..."

"It's weird to me that a team that finished 11-2 last year and is poised to have a big year this year has such anemic high school recruiting. I realize we are utilizing the portal more, but still. I expected it last year coming off 4-8 with a relatively unproven new coach, but I thought we would see a big uptick this year. Our recruiting woes and lack of instate buzz has been bizarre and mildly concerning, but so far DeBoer on the field has shown no reason to criticize what he is doing so in DeBoer I trust."

"History has proven that duck recruits are mesmerized by bright and shiny objects. We'll need more than one good season to counter that with substance and results on the field. It'll be like turning the Titanic: slowly but irrevocably."

WATCH: 4-star LB Brayden Platt commits to Oregon LIVE on 247Sports -  CBSSports.com

"C'mon people, this kid Platt has maxed out. Another Duck that will fail!"

"So now the argument is that all the local guys are over rated? The recruiting takes on this board are painful to read sometimes."

"We need to start winning some battles with Oregon."

"Oregon picked up 3 very good line backers that UW also wanted. That is a big gap in talent. We are losing most of our talent at the end of the year. We have to replace them with similar if not better talent and right now we are only able to get the 100th rated prospect in Texas and California. Our future does not look good if these guys don't start recruiting better."

I never said I was noble....

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/13/2023 at 2:29 PM, Charles Fischer said:

It'll be like turning the Titanic: slowly but irrevocably."

Husky...is that really the example you want to use?

Sinking Ship From Video FP.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

To wit - latest ESPN+, exclusive content, 2024 Recruiting Ranking 1-40 update.

1. Georgia - At least 1 Dawg made the Top 40.

2. Ohio State - Brutus will be tough to catch in any season.

3. Florida - Will this hold up?

4. OREGON - UW fan was not wrong.

Other B1G and future B1G teams ranked.

10. Michigan

11. Penn State

19. USC

25. Wisconsin

27. Nebraska

31. Purdue

32. Rutgers

34. Iowa

35. Minnesota

38. Maryland

No recruiting Bruin in Westwood and there is not a Left Coast Dawg in Sigth. WOOF!

• Yikes! 1

I mentioned this to my Fusky fan brother a few months back through text. The convo ended there. Lol

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

One of lifes simple pleasures is knowing the Ducks cause the leg lifting, butt sniffing, constantly scratching huskies, angst.

Love these stories.....

When we play them next month and beat them a couple of things will add to their angst.

1. We vault into Top 10

2. They fall out of Top 10

Go Ducks.....

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fuskies recruiting is going kinda ruff? 

• Haha 2

On 9/13/2023 at 8:41 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Fuskies recruiting is going kinda ruff? 

Yeah, like ruff-ruff-ruff.  lol

If your going to be a turd, go lay in the yard..

Yeah, I was in the camp of those Husky fans who looked at team success vs recruiting under Mullen. I was blind, Georgia, Alabama and Ohio State were beating us out for Florida kids. You can only coach up three stars so far. 

Georgia fans warned us, mocked us, gloated over our failures. They were right. Just as Oregon fans are right about the debate between talent to coach em up philosophy. It's only gonna get tougher next year. No you have USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and Oregon. All are pulling in far superior recruits.

Take it from a former blind fan. IT MATTERS!!! 

Edited by GatOrlando
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

This should help UW recruiting, right?

UW finally escapes Larry's Loser Network yet still gets The Bird.