Charles Fischer

Coach Prime is Milking This...

So by now everyone knows about CSU Coach Norvell putting down Coach Sanders for showing up at a press conference with a hat and sunglasses. So what does Deon do?  He gets sunglasses for his entire team!

Love him or hate him....you gotta admit that his response is funny!

Colorado coach Deion Sanders gets hackles up over some of his players not  joining in fight at camp | AP News

Mr. FishDuck

Agree Charles for sure.   But I gotta say, Prime Fatigue is setting in.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 2

On 9/15/2023 at 10:38 AM, Augduck said:

Oh we haven't got started with it, IMHO.  It will be ongoing, endless, and makes me grateful Oregon is going to a new conference next year!

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

SATURDAYBLITZ.COM

Colorado football is the most interesting team in the nation to start the 2023 season. The Buffaloes have begun a new era under Deion Sanders after years o...

On 9/15/2023 at 1:38 PM, Augduck said:

Perhaps? But ESPN, Fox, and the national media are not yet sleepy. 

And the folks who hired Prime are most happy. CU football had not been relevant for two decades before this hire. In 2022, no one gave a whip about a 1-11 team that was probably the worst team in the P5.

Love him or hate him, Prime and CU are dominating the coverage of CFB to date. Does anyone think that ESPN and the Big Noon game crew would show up in Boulder on the same Saturday last season? And when a guy like Jay Norvell pipes up, it just helps Prime pump up the disrespected music. Music that Prime loves to hear.

From a monetary and to-date W/L POV, this is likely the best HC hire in the history of the game. 

Deion has already covered his salary and then some.

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 1

SATURDAYBLITZ.COM

There's an old country saying, "If you want the bull, you get the horns." That is precisely what you get when you hire Deion Sanders. While ...

In an earlier post, I was in error (no surprise there) noting that Shedeur Sanders and Travis Hunter have another season to play before being draft-eligible. Both are draft-eligible after this season.

I have to admit that Sanders would be a better fit for USC....as LA would love him.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/15/2023 at 11:05 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I have to admit that Sanders would be a better fit for USC....as LA would love him.

giphy.gif

Let's revisit this topic in about 3 weeks.

On 9/15/2023 at 2:10 PM, anyotherduck said:

Let's revisit this topic in about 3 weeks.

Any and all shots at Deion are entirely reasonable and expected, no doubt, by Deion.

But the Prime Time Show tripping to Eugene in 2023 is a huge benefit for Oregon football compared to having the same game on the schedule in 2022.

Bill Connelly - ESPN+ writes - "Week 4 will give us Ohio-State - Notre Dame, Alabama - Ole Miss and a shockingly big Colorado - Oregon game."

Without Prime Time, next Saturday's game would have kicked off at 7:30 Pacific on Larry's Network. It may not have drawn an Autzen full house. Now, the ticket cost will come close to the cost when SC visits Eugene.

The game would have been watched by 25% or fewer folks who will now tune in at 12:30 Pacific on ABC. Now a likely lead-in game to Ohio State - Notre Dame. The game will get the ESPN full Monty coverage during the week and post-game. And will be watched by the vast majority of recruits across the USA.

As the folks in the SEC learned, a Rising Tide lifted all SEC boats. CU at Oregon will be under the Neon bright lights and not hidden under Larry's bushel.  

• Applause 1

Daughter Hillary, a Junior at CU at the time, now an MD and Mom to my 3 grandkids,  and I were in the B1G House for this:

29 years ago? Say it ain't so!

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/colin-cowherd-michigan-stadium-the-craziest-cfb-moment-miracle-big-ten-colorado

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

If he rolls into Oregon week with the “it’s personal” schtick then we’ll know for sure that he’s reaching. In my opinion, he won’t do that. He’s too smart. He knows people will see right through it and he doesn’t want to give the  Autzen crowd a reason to be louder than they’re going to be. My guess is he will be very complimentary and call it a “business trip”. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Can't wait for the post-game coach's handshake.

• Haha 1

Luv him or hate him, Sanders is a master of publicity.  His entire life has been built on publicity surrounding himself.  Personally, I think his move to equip his entire team with sunglasses was a brilliant response to a coach who just gave the Buffalos even more motive than they may have had before. There will be no more over-looking CSU now.  Expect a high-score run-up to go even higher.

I do so hope Lanning has learned a lesson here, even if the Ducks beat the Buffs decisively.  It's the only instance I can think of where he might have regretted a public statement he's made.  GO DUCKS!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/15/2023 at 5:32 PM, Mic said:

Luv him or hate him, Sanders is a master of publicity.  His entire life has been built on publicity surrounding himself.  Personally, I think his move to equip his entire team with sunglasses was a brilliant response to a coach who just gave the Buffalos even more motive than they may have had before. There will be no more over-looking CSU now.  Expect a high-score run-up to go even higher.

I do so hope Lanning has learned a lesson here, even if the Ducks beat the Buffs decisively.  It's the only instance I can think of where he might have regretted a public statement he's made.  GO DUCKS!

And also equipping the Gameday crew with 'Deion Sanders (no joke!) shades.

A media magician.

On 9/15/2023 at 3:41 PM, Jon Joseph said:

And also equipping the Gameday crew with 'Deion Sanders (no joke!) shades.

A media magician.

One can only imagine what he has in mind for his visit to Autzen on the 23rd.  The last thing O needs is for someone at the University to say something he can latch on to.  He has enough already.  

Oh, and if CGD is fair, they'll politely decline the shades.  I predict they won't decline.

Edited by Mic
  • Applause 1

On 9/15/2023 at 1:38 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

If he rolls into Oregon week with the “it’s personal” schtick then we’ll know for sure that he’s reaching. In my opinion, he won’t do that. He’s too smart. He knows people will see right through it and he doesn’t want to give the  Autzen crowd a reason to be louder than they’re going to be. My guess is he will be very complimentary and call it a “business trip”. 

Not sure about taking the "high road".  Sanders is going to say something people will comment on so the game will be a channel switcher until it is  decided.  

I'd say Lanning will keep it "PG" and privately post chalkboard material.  

In any event, Lanning's coaching chops will definitely be tested.  Colorado doesn't have as much talent, so a close game will be scrutinized, because the Ducks have enough physical ability to take it to the Buffs.

"You can out your hat on" comes to mind (The Full Monty), because there will be nothing to hide next week.  

Edited by Mike West
  • Applause 1

For those hoping that Oregon will not give Colorado anything to make the game “personal”, it’s already a done deal.

Plan on Prime making a HUGE deal about Lanning’s comment “What has Colorado won?” When asked about what he thought about them leaving the PAC 12.

Focus on Hawaii.

On Sunday-Friday for Oregon it should be:

Film study

Radio silence

Hard coaching

Scheme perfection

Ignore the hype 

Understanding that Oregon has superior personnel, specifically better O and D-lines, Edge, QB, RBs, DBs (except that Hunter guy, he's a unicorn) and arguably WRs. And home field advantage.

Love him or hate him, Neon Prime has done Oregon a solid by bringing attention to this game. DL's earlier comments were perhaps inopportune but really have little impact outside of a Colorado locker room grease board. DL and the Ducks will not underestimate Colorado. The Autzen crowd will be amped. 

It'll be interesting to see what the Vegas line is come Sunday. If it's -13 Ducks, bettors have not yet bought into the Coach Prime hype train. Under -7 and money is talking. Not necessarily an indicator of the outcome but less supportive of Oregon.

Back to point one, focus on Hawaii and clean up the messy stuff from last weekend. Then prepare for what should be a fun game against the Buffs.

Go Ducks.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2