Charles Fischer

Which is YOUR Most Likely Upset on Saturday?

I don't see any upsets there...do you?  On other sites--they claim UCLA, but winning in SLC is HARD, and I don't think the Bruins have the cajones yet. 

185d7eac-0ded-4c92-9597-95525b368cbe-jpe

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Delusion knows no bounds....

cb3b7f7e-2b8c-49db-84d8-62d7b58ddb41-jpe

f852a0a9-1d4b-4eb6-8f05-a6bdb6e192cf-jpe

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

1695230059497-png.408546

11420964.jpeg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Ole Miss +7 at Bama. Saint Nick's fairy dust has disappeared seemingly overnight.

But look closer and you'll see that last season even with Bryce Young at QB, Bama could have easily lost 5 games. You biff on QB evaluations and the assistant coaching turnover finally has a negative impact (Tommy Rees?) and it's free fall and not a gradual descent. 

I think Ole Miss and ND will both win.

I love how that jdub guy posts a link that contradicts his opinion with the facts. Can't ask for more perfect example of "go home, and try again tomorrow". 😆

As for the games, the only one that jumps off the page to me is the Bama game. I'm not saying Bama will lose, because it definitely depends on which Bama team shows up, but Ole Miss could surprise everybody.  

Oregon could also be in the same boat, but I'm a homer, so I won't say that 😜.

On 9/21/2023 at 2:39 PM, Krsmqn said:

I love how that jdub guy posts a link that contradicts his opinion with the facts. Can't ask for more perfect example of "go home, and try again tomorrow". 😆

As for the games, the only one that jumps off the page to me is the Bama game. I'm not saying Bama will lose, because it definitely depends on which Bama team shows up, but Ole Miss could surprise everybody.  

Oregon could also be in the same boat, but I'm a homer, so I won't say that 😜.

Oregon has a QB. The most experienced in CFB. Bama?

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Of the 4 choices Charles shows, Ole Miss.  I wouldn't bet the farm on it, or even just the chicken coop, but it seems the most likely .  I know I'll be pulling for the Runnin' Rebels.

Edited by Mic

Don’t put any hard earned money on Utah this week.  I think this is the highest chance of an upset.  Still a lot of injuries and even though it sounded like Coach Whit was hinting at Rising playing, I will only believe it when I see him on the field during the game.  The offense is so so without him and Kuthie and last years game had a strong Utah defense get completely outplayed and outschemed, so not too confident.  

If Rising plays, the team should get a big emotional boost and can probably win at home, but that is a big unknown so save your money this week.

On 9/21/2023 at 9:32 PM, Goutes18 said:

Don’t put any hard earned money on Utah this week.  I think this is the highest chance of an upset.  Still a lot of injuries and even though it sounded like Coach Whit was hinting at Rising playing, I will only believe it when I see him on the field during the game.  The offense is so so without him and Kuthie and last years game had a strong Utah defense get completely outplayed and outschemed, so not too confident.  

If Rising plays, the team should get a big emotional boost and can probably win at home, but that is a big unknown so save your money this week.

Keep in mind that Utah is at home and playing against a true Freshman QB. He’s really good, but he’s untested. Rice-Eccles isn’t a great place to make your PAC-12 debut as a visitor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sometimes the Home Crowd is the Twelfth Player and The type to Keep everyone's Head in the Game.  You need the Crowd support.  Arizona has that Atmosphere.  I believe in UTAH but if injuries are YOUR Achilles' heel, watch out!  Quality Depth is so important at key spots.

Oregon is in that position, last year proved it.  Talent on the team but an uncomfortable back up QB, Dennis Dixon anyone?

When there is only a 5 rank difference between teams in week 4 I'm not sure you call it an upset. I mean really. There's a reason CFP meeting don't start until after the midpoint of the season. 

I'm not even sure the 10 rank spread for Utah vs UCLA would qualify it as an upset. Nobody knows just how good UCLA really is this year, because all we have so far is a narrative about who they lost, but they've destroyed bad teams.

With a little help from Touchdown Gosh, ND just might take down the Bucs. That's one I'd love to see.