Steven A

Good News / Bad News . . . Rising and Kuithe take Medical Redshirts

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Rising and Kuithe have yet to play this season as they recover from severe knee injuries

Good, don't have to play them next week.

Bad, Utes looking good great with their next-man-up routine.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice to see that a duct taped together Utah can still go into SUC's back yard and grab a win.

• Thumbs Up 1

That was a great game......I'd encourage anyone to watch it on tape. As an aside.....Williams draft status should be top 15 now instead of one. He has  been missing his passes and making poor decisions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Forgot to add.....the longer Riley stays at USC the better for Oregon....the man is a dope. 

• Like 1

Yeah, they are the Big-12s problem now...

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Bryson Barns is a warrior and has Utes keeping pace. Dude played his heart out yesterday. He looked beat up and exhausted late in that game and still broke off a run to put Utes in FG range to seal a win.

With or without Rising, Utes are a dangerous team. They have, arguably the best coach in college football and a strong defense.

Next week is going to be a big challenge for Oregon. I can't wait to see it play out.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2023 at 9:13 AM, Log Haulin said:

Bryson Barns is a warrior and has Utes keeping pace. Dude played his heart out yesterday. He looked beat up and exhausted late in that game and still broke off a run to put Utes in FG range to seal a win.

With or without Rising, Utes are a dangerous team. They have, arguably the best coach in college football and a strong defense.

Next week is going to be a big challenge for Oregon. I can't wait to see it play out.

Next week won't be easy... But their offense isn't as strong as some of the other teams we've played. 

However, Utah is a run first offense and we haven't been steller in rush defense... In part because we've played against air raid offenses that only throw in the run sometimes to mix things up.

I think Oregon finds some ways to get pressure defensively. 

I also feel that if the coaches let the run game run we'll be in a good spot. Use the run to set up Nix to pass the ball and take some shots. 

Their offense looked better because they played against USC's defense but they'll still be difficult. 

On 10/22/2023 at 9:34 AM, David Marsh said:

However, Utah is a run first offense and we haven't been steller in rush defense..

Facts! Makes me think of where Jestin Jacobs fits now that he has a game under his belt to knock some rust off.

Jacobs strength is in the run game and rushing the QB. Timing could be perfect for Jacobs return. He could be a missing link in Ducks rush defense. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

An atmosphere like we experienced in Seattle couldn’t have come at a better time to prepare the team for how to handle things in Salt Lake.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like Oregon's chances in this next game, despite it being a mile high in the air.  If they're as good as we think they are, they should win this one and then they have a very good chance to get to 10-1 vs the Beavers who might also be 10-1.  What a Civil War that'll be - the last one as it looks, for a while.