Charles Fischer

Never Done This Before...Sharing Some Personal...

My Duck-Buddies, something I do for the FishDuck writers--is capture screenshots of the game for use in FishDuck articles.  I can often capture images that our photographers do not, and if not utilized for articles--I can use them for posts in the forum.  It is quite a arduous and complicated process for the conversion process than often has unforeseen glitches--like one today.

As I watch the game, I must take note of where the event is in the game, what it is, and why I need an image of it.  To capture the image--I am often going over it many times to time it just right to get the precise moment.  Doing the WSU game took me five hours...

The different stations that televise Oregon games have different levels of technology, hence the sharpness of image--number of pixels, etc.  Bottom line, (and no surprise) that an ESPN or Fox telecast has better quality images than the Pac-12 Network does.  It is hard with the latter to even have still images that don't have some blur...

But this last ABC/ESPN telecast had terrific crispness in their images.  Normally I share these throughout the year in posts, and with the FishDuck writers for use in article, but I thought I'd share a few with my own captions.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I...

A rational fan_Screenshot from ABC Sports Video.jpg

Oregon fans are normal and completely rational....right?

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Bo does a pooch punt_Screenshot from ABC Sports Video.jpg

The only time in two seasons that I've caught Bo on the field with a smile. 

(After his fantastic pooch-punt)

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Bucky and Locklyn_Screenshot from ABC Sports Video.jpg

Does this happen at USC? One of the nations best running backs

is getting his a$$ chewed, and he is listening to Coach Locklyn. 

What a sharp image for an incredible moment...

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Duck and Harley_Screenshot from ABC Sports Video.jpg

This choked me up.  How iconic is this? The Harley is so cool,

and the Duck?  This is our brand that everyone loves...

Mr. FishDuck

Traeshon Holden and Bucky BF TD_Screenshot from ABC Sports Video.jpg

Wow.  The moment Bucky plants the foot and makes the cut,

but nobody notices the great block by Holden to keep the

force defender from blowing up the play.

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

He bleeds defense_Screenshot from ABC Sports Video.jpg

This so moved me.  Does Lanning BLEED defense like nobody else?

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

The last screenshot was in another thread with Patrick Herbert making the big block in Irving's TD reception.  So when you see pictures I include in posts--some have quite a history to them...

Ouch2_Screenshot from ABC Sports Video.jpg

Yes, No. 8. It sucks to be YOU.

• Great post! 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/22/2023 at 8:37 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Bo does a pooch punt_Screenshot from ABC Sports Video.jpg

The only time in two seasons that I've caught Bo on the field with a smile. 

(After his fantastic pooch-punt)

Bo also followed his fantastic pooch punt with what looked like a golf swing. Like he stopped a wedge on a dime. 

Edited by OregonDucks

These are wonderful shots.  Many thanks for taking all the time to bring these to us, Charles.  Kudos!

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

Cool photos.

I love the photo of the guy getting blown up by Herbert. He was literally lost on that play. He actually looked like he was admiring our cheerleaders just as the truck ran over him. 

On 10/23/2023 at 12:13 AM, Drake said:

He actually looked like he was admiring our cheerleaders just as the truck ran over him.

I was sitting in section 19 and watched the defender. I thought he was looking up in the stands and then he turned to see green jersey and then grey skies...

Hi might have been admiring and awe of the crowd in Autzen and considering a transfer to Oregon before getting blown up?!

When you make a commitment to something you are all in, wow. My family, businesses, a couple of hobbies and maybe vacation planning might get that kind of dedication, but thank you for giving this place that kind of attention!

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/23/2023 at 6:05 AM, Haywarduck said:

When you make a commitment to something you are all in, wow. My family, businesses, a couple of hobbies and maybe vacation planning might get that kind of dedication, but thank you for giving this place that kind of attention!

You get sucked in.  I never intended to have this kind of time given to these two sites, and I did not know going in what it would be.  Then "task-creep" sets in, as you see other things you can do that would make things better, and then once you start it--you feel that you should continue. 

These screenshots is an example, and that does not count the time and cost of the software to convert the TV program from its technology to digital.  I had two foul-ups yesterday doing the same thing I've always done, but the technology is fickly and fragile, and I have to figure out the solution each time.

And this one little task, creating screenshots, is one small one among so many that are required to have two viable sites.  And yet with all of that....they are not profitable.  In fact I'm holding my breath at times that the bills will get paid, but due to the generosity of you and others--it evens out.  My thanks to all who help...

Fans help to create penalties for our opponents...

Fans create penalties_Screenshot from ABC Sports Video.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks very much Charles. Your insight to the game is far beyond mine but I get to learn from what you share. 

Appreciate the clips!

I really enjoy the photographs on FishDuck.  It is one of my favorite things about the site.  

• Thanks 1