Pennsylvania Duck

2024 Duck Commits (Thread No. 2)

Our 1st thread for this topic has filled a page and has gotten too cumbersome to handle.  So, I am starting a new thread (No.2). 

NJ Duck and I have never gone through a whole year cycle of postings regarding recruiting before, so this has been a learning experience. Along with the fact that Coach Lanning and his crew are such good recruiters, this thread grows quickly.

We are keeping this thread to one page as advertising is most advantageous that way and needed to pay costs of site.

If you need to refer back to No. 1 for reference, click here.

Dylan Williams and Long Beach Poly Capture Moore League Title

Winning the Moore league was a goal for Williams heading into his senior year, but he's got bigger fish to fry.

The Southern California standout is committed to Dan Lanning and the Ducks, but continues to be recruited by a number of big-time programs.

"Yeah Miami, Utah, Penn State. Michigan State is in there heavy, UCLA and there's a few schools."

As was the case earlier this fall, Williams reaffirmed his commitment and is looking forward to enrolling early.

"But I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm 100% a Duck lock. I'll be enrolling early, so I'll be on campus January 6 getting ready to hopefully get bigger, faster, stronger so I can compete for a spot. 

"We're losing a few key pieces this year, so I just want an opportunity to be able to compete. The coaches felt like that would be a heavy stepping stone for me to get a chance is come early."

To access more details on Dylan Williams, click here.

Sione Laulea Reflects on Oregon Commitment, Recruiting Process

The Ducks recently added one of the best junior college prospects to their 2024 recruiting class.

Last month Oregon secured a commitment from College of San Mateo (Calif.) cornerback Sione Laulea III, who pledged to the Ducks over the likes of USC, Miami and others.

I had the chance to speak with the 6-foot-4, 190-pound defensive back to go inside his decision to commit to Oregon.

"Everything just seemed to fit right," he said of his commitment to the Ducks. "Culture and my trust within the coaching staff. Development, they have a good scale of development going on with players they're funneling to the next level. They're obviously performing well."

Laulea was able to see the staff's strong track record of development, particularly with Christian Gonzalez being selected by the New England Patriots in the first round in the 2023 NFL Draft.

To access the details in the article, click here.

Four-star safety Kingston Lopa headed back to Eugene this weekend

Sacramento (Calif.) Grant safety Kingston Lopa will be back in Eugene for the second time this fall.

Lopa, who committed to the Ducks in June, was at the Oregon-Colorado game in September.

He'll be back in Autzen Stadium on Saturday when the Ducks host USC.

It will also give Lopa a chance to see his former Grant teammate, USC freshman Alani Noa, against his future school.

"The Colorado game was just a dominating performance by Oregon," said Lopa.  "Being in front of those fans and that crowd got me excited."

Lopa said getting there is something he's looking forward to.

"I'm going up early, in January, and it will be good to get there earlier," said Lopa...

247SPORTS.COM

Sacramento (Calif.) Grant safety Kingston Lopa is headed back to Eugene this weekend...

Oregon a Class Act:

Max Torres interviews Damon Fields, the father of Oregon commit Dakoda Fields, following his Adidas All-American jersey presentation in Gardena, California. The two discuss the recruiting process, Dan Lanning, Oregon, and Dakoda Fields' journey to Eugene.  

Catching Brutus is no easy task.

Not sure what's happening, but getting some decomitttments from some recruits.  Here's another one.  It seems Dillion Gresham is visiting Arizona.  

Jordan Anderson Decommits From Oregon

The Ducks have lost a commitment in the 2024 recruiting class

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recruiting/jordan-anderson-decommits-from-oregon

Oregon WR Commit Dillon Gresham Visiting Arizona This Weekend

The Southern California star had the Wildcats as one of his top schools before committing to the Ducks.

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recruiting/oregon-wr-commit-dillon-gresham-visiting-arizona-this-weekend

On 12/8/2023 at 4:50 PM, NJDuck said:

Not sure what's happening, but getting some decomitttments from some recruits.  Here's another one.  It seems Dillion Gresham is visiting Arizona.  

In general, I wonder if our coaching staff is making room for some potential high school and/or transfer portal commits. I’m not referring to any specific recruits in this thread 

Of course some of these kids could just be exploring their options. I wonder what percent of early commitments sign with the school they committed to vs. someone who commits later in the process?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon commits see movement in latest 247Sports Rating Update

247Sports has updated its rankings for the 2024 recruiting class just days before the first National Signing Day period for the class.

For the Oregon Ducks, it means a few slight tweaks to rankings for multiple commitments the Ducks have secured ahead of Wednesday's events.

Here is an update on where things stand for the Ducks and their commitments just days before National Signing Day...

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon's commits see movement in the latest update of the 247Sports 2024 ranking release.

Oregon commit RB Da'Jaun Riggs named D.C. MaxPreps player of the year

On Tuesday, MaxPreps announced their players of the year for each state or territory, and Oregon three-star RB commit Da'Jaun Riggs earned the honor for the District of Columbia.

The 6-foot, 205-pound running back led St. John's Prep to a WCAC semifinal appearance. Over the 2023 season, Riggs rushed for 1,184 yards and 10 touchdowns, averaging over seven yards per carry.

Riggs also took over at quarterback throughout the season. Riggs' strengths were not limited to only rushing, as he was the team's leading receiver, hauling in over 25 receptions for over 400 yards.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon three-star RB commit Da'Jaun Riggs was named the MaxPreps District of Columbia player of the year.

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think he might be trolling everyone...to get this kind of attention drawn to him.  Make the Buff fans sweat and appreciate him better later...

Mr. FishDuck

Football Recruiting: Drawing the Line

Taking a look at Oregon’s four prep recruits along the offensive line for 2024.

Football games can be won and lost in the trenches. Dan Lanning and offensive line coach A’lique Terry have made a priority of getting the right bodies for those positions on the roster with recent classes, and the 2024 class is no exception. Let’s take a look at the warriors recruited to battle it out on the offensive line.

WWW.ADDICTEDTOQUACK.COM

Taking a look at Oregon’s four prep recruits along the offensive line for 2024.

Will Stein loves the potential and speed in freshman QB Luke Moga

Oregon offensive coordinator Will Stein gave insight into why the Ducks liked the potential of incoming freshman QB Luke Moga.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon offensive coordinator Will Stein gave insight into why the Ducks liked the potential of incoming freshman QB Luke Moga.

• Go Ducks! 1

Oregon DB Recruits Bring Extra Height to the Back-end

WWW.ADDICTEDTOQUACK.COM

Oregon DB recruits bring extra height to the back-end

Oregon signee Ryan Pellum details his Signing Day flip from USC 

Pellum flipped his commitment from USC to Oregon on Signing Day and said he still feels very confident in his decision.

“I just felt more comfortable with Oregon and felt I could get developed better there as well,” Pellum said following one of the UA practices this week. “I liked USC for sure but Oregon is where I feel I belong.

“Oregon was one of the schools I grew up watching but it was still really tough for me. I started to think about making the move a couple of days before Signing Day and then slept on it. The morning of Signing Day, that’s when I decided I wanted to sign there.”

247SPORTS.COM

Pellum flipped his commitment from USC to Oregon on Signing Day and said he still feels very confident in his decision.

Recruiting Roundup: 2024 Ducks make big impressions at All-American camps

While the past several weeks in the world of college football have been known as bowl season, we are now entering All-American game season, where the focus shifts to high school players, many of whom just signed with their respective teams back in December.

Starting on Wednesday, the All-American bowl season kicks off with the Under Armour All-American Bowl, played in Orlando, at 1 p.m PT on ESPN. Then on Saturday, the All-American Bowl will take place at the Alamodome in Texas at 10 a.m. PT. Later this month, the Polynesian Bowl will take place on Saturday, January 20th.

Leading up to the two showcases that are taking place this week, a ton of Oregon signees have been putting on a clinic in practices, going up against some of the top players in the nation and dominating.

Here’s a look at all the highlights that have flooded in over the past several days with practices taking place:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A long list of Oregon Duck signees have been impressing at the All-American practices leading up to showcase bowls this week.

13 players for Duck fans to watch in Under Armour All-American Bowl on Wednesday

It’s All-American Bowl season in the world of college football recruiting, and things kick off on Wednesday afternoon with the 2024 Under Armour All-American Bowl down in Orlando, Florida.

The game will be televised on ESPN, kicking off at 1 p.m. PT. A total of six Oregon Duck signees from the 2024 recruiting class are playing in the game, looking to showcase their skills and prove why they were such highly-rated recruits throughout the process.

On top of just the Oregon commits, though, there are a lot of players in this game who Duck fans should keep an eye on. Whether or not they considered Oregon in the recruiting process — and could potentially consider them again in a potential transfer situation down the road — some of the best players in the nation will be playing in this game.

Here’s who you should keep an eye on:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Under Armour All-American game is on Wednesday, featuring a handful of Oregon Ducks and several top prospects.

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

Oregon's 2024 CB Ify Obidegwu named 'Biggest Riser' after UA All-American Week

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Ducks cornerback Ify Obidegwu was named the biggest riser of the week at the Under Armour All-American Game according to 247Sports.

Jericho Johnson Talks Oregon Commitment, What's Next

Oregon signed the massive defensive lineman out of Northern California last month and he projects to be a contributor for the Ducks.

While out at Adidas All-American Bowl practice in San Antonio this week, one player that's nearly impossible to miss is Fairfield (Calif.) Armijo defensive lineman and Oregon signee Jericho Johnson.

He committed to Dan Lanning and the Ducks during the early signing period and broke down his decision.

"Just like the coaches and how hard they recruited me and them telling me just the potential they see in me," he said. "Them wanting to just coach me and basically help me unlock my full potential and play at the best level I can. 

"Especially wanting to play for a defensive head coach who had like five first-rounders on the same defense.

Definitely wanted to play for a guy under that and then Coach Tosh and some of the names he's got under his belt, the guys he's coached, I know that they both specialize in D-line."

Johnson saw the need he could help fill along the defensive line and the potential for development...

•  
  • Wow 1

Jericho scored a touchdown on a fumble recovery in today’s All America Game.

Edited by AllOregon
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

WATCH: Aydin Breland Is A FREAK | 5⭐️ Oregon Ducks Defensive Line Recruit - Highlights

• Applause 1

Elijah Rushing Is DANGEROUS | 5⭐️ Oregon Ducks Edge Rusher Recruit - Highlights

The Gorney Dozen: The best defensive performers from the all-star events

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Five-star Ellis Robinson impressed at the Under Armour All-America Game.

Oregon Football Signee Spotlight: Defensive Lineman Xadavien Sims

Xadavien Sims heads to Eugene as the No. 1 recruit out of the state of Oklahoma in the 2024 recruiting class.

They were a lot of gifted players in San Antonio last week for the Adidas All-American Bowl, but one I was most looking forward to seeing was 2024 Durant (Okla.) defensive lineman and Oregon signee Xadavien Sims.

The 6-foot-4, 290-pound defensive lineman was ranked the top player in his state and spoke with Ducks Digest about his recruitment and what's next when he enrolls at Oregon.

Sims was born in Alabama and spent his first two high school seasons at Denison High School in Texas before transferring to Durant, where he became a national recruit.

One of the many talented defensive linemen set to play for Tony Tuioti, he reflected on what it was like getting recruited by the Ducks.

"As soon as you get on campus you just feel the vibe of the place," he said. "I don't see how somebody could get on campus and not wanna go there.

It's like everything you need plus more, plus you have great coaches to coach you and develop you that have been in the NFL and all over the country developing great players and getting all these defensive linemen and defensive players to the League."

Can you imagine what it means to a kid getting recruited by DL and staff that he said NO to a job opportunity at Alabama??

That he (DL) is INVESTED in you as a player and won't drop you like a hot potato for another job.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Oregon's Roger Saleapaga adjusting nicely with his new squad after enrolling early

Oregon freshman tight end Roger Saleapaga is enjoying his time at Oregon after enrolling early.

Salepaga says the arrival to Oregon ahead of the traditional enrollment date of June will help him get a head start on the playbook, working with the coaching staff on his technique and skill set and adjusting to college.

"My whole goal is to play early," he said.

After arriving in Oregon and getting settled into Eugene, Saleapaga quickly saw the rumors that come with college football. Oregon head coach Dan Lanning was linked to the opening at Alabama after Nick Saban's retirement. Lannin quickly shot down the rumors of his interest in the job, and Saleapaga said he trusted in Oregon and Lanning.

Saleapaga said he was confident Lanning would never leave Oregon. He cited how real Lanning was during the recruiting process and his commitment to staying in Oregon. He said Lanning and his staff cooperated honestly in the recruiting process, which paid off with his commitment.

"That's the reason why I went there," said Salepaga.

"It's truly a blessing to just see a coach that is tied to a team."

Now in Eugene, Salepaga is focused on getting himself ready for the season on the football field while also making an impact off it. He says when he leaves Eugene after finishing his college career, he wants fans and the community to know he left an impact.

"I want people to see that I helped Eugene, not just on the football field but off the field too," he said. "I want to make a positive impact in my life, and I want to look back and say I changed someone's life in Eugene."

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon freshman tight end Roger Saleapaga is enjoying his time at Oregon after enrolling early.

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems Rivals ranked both Aydin Ireland and Elijah Rushing with 4 stars with Oregon ranked No. 6.  I always thought they were a solid 5 star across the board.  247Sports has these two ranked 5 stars with Oregon team ranked No. 3.

I believe Charles considers Rivals having the best accurate rankings out there.  But I agree, hard to believe this class winded up with no 5 star rankings on Rivals.

I’ve seen guys jump 100 or more spots after announcing they were going to Bama OSU and Georgia. Kind of makes me wonder a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/22/2024 at 11:34 AM, NJDuck said:

I believe Charles considers Rivals having the best accurate rankings out there.

Most accurate historically.  They are consistently tough in grading for 25 years, while 247 data is corrupted by a former Husky who owned the firm before selling it to 247 Sports.  It was routine in those days for Oregon verbals to lose a star, and a Husky verbal to gain a star after announcing.

Thus when comparing this class to the past--Rivals allows the best comparisons.  But our 2024 class is awesome, and I am not sweating the lack of 5-Stars, since what they do on Rich Brooks field is all that matters.

I would be willing to bet that a couple of 4-Star LBs from our latest class will pan out better than this former 5-Star on Rivals(It is a hit-and-miss business!)

N.RIVALS.COM

Justin Flowe - Linebacker for Arizona on GOAZCATS

• Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

2 Ducks on the list of top players in 2024. No Dillon Gabriel? 

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The college game always has plenty of stars eyeing NFL dreams, and next year's pro-ready crop is no different

On 1/22/2024 at 1:19 PM, Jon Joseph said:

No Dillon Gabriel? 

Not YET...Coach Stein will have him rocking the B1G!

image.png

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon signings and targets see plenty of movement in final 247Sports Rankings Update

Among Oregon's greatest recruiting class in school history, 14 2024 Oregon commits were included in the final Top 247 Rankings by 247Sports.

The final rankings were released Monday evening as part of our Ranking Update show on YouTube. Oregon saw a prospect jump nearly 100 spots in the rankings while another prospect dropped nearly 100 spots, plus there was movement everywhere in between.

"I think, you know, ultimately, everyone has seen you know what Oregon is and what it can be here. I think the move to the Big 10 gave everyone a clear vision about where we're headed as well," Dan Lanning said on National Signing Day.

So it's a premier conference in college football, us getting to be a part of that and build and enhance that conference was something that was really important. I think to the guys that we brought in this class and our coaching staff as well."

Here is a recap of where Oregon checks in for the final rankings...

247SPORTS.COM

A look at how Oregon's signings and remaining target moved up and down in the final 247Sports Ranking Update.

Oregon LB signee Dylan Williams named among standout performers at Polynesian Bowl

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Dylan Williams, a 4-star LB signee in Oregon’s 2024, showed off his physical skills in the Polynesian bowl last week.

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oregon HS signees in the final ESPN 300: 27. DE Elijah Rushing 32. DL Aydin Breland 41. CB Ify Obidegwu 55. OL JacQawn McRoy 69. CB Dakoda Fields 87. WR Jeremiah McClellan 105. S Aaron Flowers 144. WR Ryan Pellum 147. LB Kamar Mothudi 164. S Kingston Lopa 191. DL Jericho Johnson 192. LB Brayden Platt 237. DL Xadavien Sims 266. LB Dylan Williams 288. WR Dillon Gresham 295. OL Fox Crader

Oregon JUCO signees in the final ESPN JC 50: 1. CB Sione Laulea

Notes: WR Gatlin Bair is at #108 WR

Jack Ressler, DL Tionne Gray & QB Luke Moga are outside the ESPN 300 but still rated as 4-stars

OL Devin Brooks, ED Jaxson Jones, TE AJ Pugliano, & RB Da’Jaun Riggs all rated as a 79 (80 is where 4-stars start)

Oregon has 20 total 4-stars on ESPN

• Thanks 1

Here's a 2024 updated top 10 recruiting ranking before the 2nd signing day with average NIL payment included.

At $82K per player, Oregon appears to be negotiating better than Texas at $225K a player and with better results.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/updated-college-football-recruiting-rankings-ahead-of-national-signing-day-on3-sports#gid=ci02d4bc46600025fb&pid=1-georgia

• Wow 1
  • Like 1

Where Oregon stands in 2024 recruiting rankings following addition of 5-star WR Gatlin Bair

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

With the addition of 5-star wide receiver Gatlin Bair, the Oregon Ducks have jumped up once again in the national recruiting rankings.