Log Haulin

Thoughts On Today's Other Games

On 10/28/2023 at 12:03 PM, Solar said:

I think the biggest upset probability for the day is No 11 OSU playing at unranked AZ in the desert at 7:30 pm, a recipe for an absolute disaster of a game for a PNW school. And UA is without a doubt the best 3 loss team in the country with their new QB Fifita in place of De Laura.

I hope OSU wins, but I'm not optimistic.

Called it, unfortunately. AZ and Utah are the Big12's problem going forward.

I really hope our ASU game is not a late game.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2023 at 6:46 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

I am beginning to think that UW played the game of their lives against UofO...they have not looked good the last two weeks and are struggling against Stanford.

I can't think that they can pull that type of game out of their puppy chow two times in a row WHEN we see them in the PAC Championship.

Penix was injured in the 4 quarter against the Ducks... Looked like ribs or chest.  He hasn't been the same since. 

On 10/29/2023 at 10:08 AM, Solar said:

I do actually.  It is getting cold here in Nevada, and I suspect it will be in Tuscon as well.  That favors our boys.  Nothing worse than having to adjust to a kind of heat that also feels humid this time of year.  

An East Coast Prime Time Kickoff would be ideal.  Continue to get eyeballs Prime Time AND be able to work in PNW type conditions would be great.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/29/2023 at 2:50 PM, Mike West said:

I do actually.  It is getting cold here in Nevada, and I suspect it will be in Tuscon as well.  That favors our boys.  Nothing worse than having to adjust to a kind of heat that also feels humid this time of year.  

An East Coast Prime Time Kickoff would be ideal.  Continue to get eyeballs Prime Time AND be able to work in PNW type conditions would be great.

Great observation, Mike.  Fortunately, the Ducks trip to Tempe and not Tucson. I want no part of the Wildcats in Tucson.

ASU is playing better but not at the level of AZ.

On 10/29/2023 at 12:04 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Great observation, Mike.  Fortunately, the Ducks trip to Tempe and not Tucson. I want no part of the Wildcats in Tucson.

ASU is playing better but not at the level of AZ.

oops.

• Thanks 1

I've been impressed with Arizona's QB Fifita. He's a fighter and has been no-quit in every game I've seen him in. I think he was the back-up going into the season. Not anymore. The Wildcats are a good team. Nice to see them succeed.

On 10/29/2023 at 10:08 AM, Solar said:

I would be shocked if it’s not the 7pm PT game on the PAC-12 Network.

On 10/28/2023 at 10:56 PM, Nautique Duck said:

I am pretty confident Penix is not 100% after we beat him up. He was sailing throws last week against ASU. He simply does not miss those throws when he is right. I think he is nursing a rib or shoulder injury that tightened up on him after the adrenaline from our game wore off. It reminds me of what happened with Herbert his Junior year I think it was.

Had several games where he just missing throws that he didn’t normally and it came out after the season that he was pretty banged up, but wasn’t going to sit. 

I think you are right. Our defense certainly beat the crap out of him and he was hurting late in that game.

I was literally sitting here looking at the Huskies last 2 weeks of football and asking myself how in the world did we lose to those guys.

I think you just helped me answer that question. But, I think that if we get another shot at them in LV, that we will rock their world.

Edited by Desert Duck

On 10/29/2023 at 11:50 AM, Mike West said:

A late night game in the desert has always been trouble, even in November. It's not the heat, it's everything else about the desert and playing when your body is telling you it's time to go to bed