Log Haulin

Thoughts On Today's Other Games

Git a pretty solid Saturday of great games.

Okie v  Kansas

UGA : Fl

Tennessee v. Kentucky 

OSU v. Az

As I post this Jayhawks get a pic 6

Okie and Kansas both fail on 4th down attempts. Okie fails at in the red zone. Seems to be the modern game. A lot of teams are bucking the norms of " take the points"

Weather delay in Kansas on FOX. Could delay Ducks Utes Broadcast. Boo

I think the biggest upset probability for the day is No 11 OSU playing at unranked AZ in the desert at 7:30 pm, a recipe for an absolute disaster of a game for a PNW school. And UA is without a doubt the best 3 loss team in the country with their new QB Fifita in place of De Laura.

I hope OSU wins, but I'm not optimistic.

Oklahoma has been gifted points by the refs for a second week in a type that might lead to a second victory handed them by the refs. 

Last week, the refs called a clearly bogus PI against UCF right before halftime that negated an INT, resulting in Oklahoma getting 3 points and the eventual 2 point victory. 

This week, Oklahoma fumbled it in the red zone, but the refs called the play dead by forward progress during or maybe slightly after the fumble. Non-reviewable as a result. The next play, Oklahoma got a TD, 7 points that they probably shouldn't have had.

I'm hoping for an Oklahoma loss as that would help the Ducks... but those calls were gift wrapped points in tight games. 

On 10/28/2023 at 12:37 PM, WaterPoloDuck said:

Oklahoma has been gifted points by the refs for a second week in a type that might lead to a second victory handed them by the refs. 

Last week, the refs called a clearly bogus PI against UCF right before halftime that negated an INT, resulting in Oklahoma getting 3 points and the eventual 2 point victory. 

This week, Oklahoma fumbled it in the red zone, but the refs called the play dead by forward progress during or maybe slightly after the fumble. Non-reviewable as a result. The next play, Oklahoma got a TD, 7 points that they probably shouldn't have had.

I'm hoping for an Oklahoma loss as that would help the Ducks... but those calls were gift wrapped points in tight games. 

I saw that, no way you call that forward progress without an opportunity for review. In the end Okie lost. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm so glad Okie lost! And USC is losing to Cal! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Applause 1

If USC loses to Cal, which I'm thinking they will, do y'all think there's any other win they could get on their schedule? They have the Ducks, Washington, & UCLA left on their schedule after Cal.

Go Cal Bears -- Beat USuCs!

Bears 36-29 with 4:42 left in the 3rd.

Cal just scored the go ahead TD and converted a 2 pt attempt. Wow that Trojan defense sucks lol

• Like 1

USC wins the most overrated team of the year again. LOL

• Like 1

Lincoln Riley is collapsing under the weight of that $10 million mansion.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

USuC is a fraud. They deserve an eternity of losing seasons for their arrogance ruining the Pac12. 

• Like 1

Can SUC humiliate themselves and blow yet another winnable game? I have faith that they can.

• Haha 1

U$C will not be ranked tomorrow.

🤣🤩

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2023 at 4:35 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

U$C will not be ranked tomorrow.

🤣🤩

For sure. They are barely ranked now.

• Like 1

That was the craziest sequence of back to back defensive plays I've ever seen lol

I'm so glad this Cal/USC game is hidden on the PAC12 Network. Horrible quality of play.

Edited by Solar
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 4:55 PM, Solar said:

I'm so glad this Cal/USC game is hidden on the PAC12 Network. Horrible quality of play.

Right! It is Cal and USuC though

Wilcox... take the dam points!

• Like 3

On 10/28/2023 at 5:04 PM, Log Haulin said:

Wilcox... take the dam points!

Oregon dodged a bullet with the hiring of Dan Lanning.

• Salute 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

USC got so lucky. Based on everything I've seen, Oregon is going to destroy them next weekend.

On 10/28/2023 at 5:12 PM, kirklandduck said:

USC got so lucky. Based on everything I've seen, Oregon is going to destroy them next weekend.

Let’s don’t get ahead of ourselves….they have to destroy Cal first……and that may not be a walkover.

On 10/28/2023 at 5:39 PM, DUCKED said:

Let’s don’t get ahead of ourselves….they have to destroy Cal first……and that may not be a walkover.

Ah for some reason I thought USC was next weekend.

Cal isn't going to score like that against Oregon. Not by a long shot.

On 10/28/2023 at 5:39 PM, DUCKED said:

Both USC and Cal are poorly coached. Utah played USC close the week before and look what we did to them?

Fool me once, shame on USC.

YEEEOOOOOWW! I won't be fooled again!

In other news, UW 2nd Down and 37...that must be a record or something. Now 3rd and 27, aaaand punt.

I am beginning to think that UW played the game of their lives against UofO...they have not looked good the last two weeks and are struggling against Stanford.

I can't think that they can pull that type of game out of their puppy chow two times in a row WHEN we see them in the PAC Championship.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/28/2023 at 6:46 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

I am beginning to think that UW played the game of their lives against UofO...they have not looked good the last two weeks and are struggling against Stanford.

I can't think that they can pull that type of game out of their puppy chow two times in a row WHEN we see them in the PAC Championship.

Beware the tree... 

Getting Stanforded is a verb that the Ducks have sadly been in the receiving end of too many times. 

Colorado got Stanforded this year. 

Could UW be next??? 

• Wow 1

On 10/28/2023 at 6:17 PM, Solar said:

Both USC and Cal are poorly coached. Utah played USC close the week before and look what we did to them?

Fool me once, shame on USC.

YEEEOOOOOWW! I won't be fooled again!

In other news, UW 2nd Down and 37...that must be a record or something. Now 3rd and 27, aaaand punt.

USC can score... But they can't play defense. 

Cal and Utah are both teams that are run first teams that lean on their defenses to win games.. Utah is much much much better at it than Cal but they plays similar styles. 

USC's defense is so bad they take average offense and make them look explosive.

On 10/28/2023 at 9:30 AM, Log Haulin said:

Okie and Kansas both fail on 4th down attempts. Okie fails at in the red zone. Seems to be the modern game. A lot of teams are bucking the norms of " take the points"

We got your perspective on this topic...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Stanford just forced a Rome Odunze fumble in the red zone. There's a chance that Stanford the leg lifters. 

Stanford taking it to Fusky. Uw hasn't been the same since they played the Ducks. 

First off, congrats Ducks!!!  Looking good!

This Husky vs Tree game is interesting 

• Like 1

Well, it was interesting a few mins ago

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2023 at 7:41 PM, SoGaDawg said:

Well, it was interesting a few mins ago

Yeah the tree choked... 

The receiver was thinking about turning and running for a big play and not catching and securing the ball. 

Washington is feeling like last year's TCU right now... They are getting super lucky in these close games that shouldn't be close. 

But it's worth remembering that TCU didn't win their conference last year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

When the Huskies play us--they will give us their best.  But we will....

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Beavs having trouble down in the desert. Az breaking a lot of tackles. Wildcats up 10-7

Anyone know why DJU is absent? I missed something, did he get hurt? 

On 10/28/2023 at 10:49 PM, David Marsh said:

Yeah the tree choked... 

The receiver was thinking about turning and running for a big play and not catching and securing the ball. 

Washington is feeling like last year's TCU right now... They are getting super lucky in these close games that shouldn't be close. 

But it's worth remembering that TCU didn't win their conference last year. 

I said I believed Oregon would be the best and most complete team in the PAC before the season started.  I still very much believe this.  

The Huskies are also very good, but I honestly think that their road to the Playoff is tougher.  They have some tough road games to get through yet.

The Ducks have a few tough games left, but unless I’m mistaken they are in Eugene.  

Also, if the Huskies make the Championship game they likely gotta go through the Ducks.  It’s tough to beat a very good team twice.  My money is on the Ducks.

I truly think that Oregon is the PAC team that has the best chance to make noise in the Playoff, who knows maybe win?  Hard to tell right now.  Going to be some great football to end our season I think!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Ok... so Jonathan Smith also needs to have the end of half talk...

3 seconds left on the clock and in field goal range and they... fake punt but give it to the kicker to run it in for 20+ yards? He gets maybe 10.

Take the points!

Or at least don't make your kicker run it... he's not going to make it.

Beavs aren't looking like much of a threat. Az taking it to them late. 

On 10/28/2023 at 10:30 PM, Log Haulin said:

Beavs aren't looking like much of a threat. Az taking it to them late. 

I would still consider them a threat... this Arizona team is playing better than their record shows. They are going to be good next year I think. Wouldn't that be the funniest thing is the four former Pac-12 teams own the the new Big 12? Utah, Arizona, and Colorado are going to be better this year... and ASU is going to be better.

But the Beavers are built a lot like Utah... but with much better quarterback play. I think Oregon can handle them as what we saw today but don't underestimate them.

Unless.. they go for another fake field goal while the clock expires.

Also...

Jedd Fisch just looks like Fred Armisen... It's all I see when I see Fisch.

image.jpeg.68ce317706532cd1d46f9c3411a86cd3.jpeg

armisen_2011_a_p.webp.3f857424e3acc67a6ef56c43be3e68ca.webp

• Haha 5

Arizona about to take a knee for the win.  Too bad for the Beavos, I would've preferred they sneak into the top 10 for a big ranked match up at the end of the season.  Oh well, it is what it is.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 10:49 PM, kirklandduck said:

Arizona about to take a knee for the win.  Too bad for the Beavos, I would've preferred they sneak into the top 10 for a big ranked match up at the end of the season.  Oh well, it is what it is.

They'll probably still be ranked.

Washington keeps finding a way to win... so we should have a shot at them.

Oregon State gets Washington in a few weeks... knowing how this conference loves cannibalism it wouldn't surprise me to see Washington drop one to Oregon State in Corvallis.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/28/2023 at 10:50 PM, David Marsh said:

They'll probably still be ranked.

Washington keeps finding a way to win... so we should have a shot at them.

Oregon State gets Washington in a few weeks... knowing how this conference loves cannibalism it wouldn't surprise me to see Washington drop one to Oregon State in Corvallis.

Yeah but would've been a lot more exciting with a double top 10 Civil War match up.  Probably would've guaranteed College Game Day to show up to that one.  They'll probably be in the late teens by the time they play OBD.

The way Washington is playing right now, they might lose 2 of their last 4 games.

On 10/28/2023 at 7:26 PM, Log Haulin said:

Stanford taking it to Fusky. Uw hasn't been the same since they played the Ducks. 

I am pretty confident Penix is not 100% after we beat him up. He was sailing throws last week against ASU. He simply does not miss those throws when he is right. I think he is nursing a rib or shoulder injury that tightened up on him after the adrenaline from our game wore off. It reminds me of what happened with Herbert his Junior year I think it was.

Had several games where he just missing throws that he didn’t normally and it came out after the season that he was pretty banged up, but wasn’t going to sit. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 of 6 games played in the Pac took till late in the game before they were decided. Thats some great entertainment. 

Instead of just taking the points from a chip shot field goal, Oregon State decided to try a fake field goal at the end of the first half that didn’t really have a prayer of succeeding. That came back to haunt them as they ended up losing to Arizona by 3 points. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Very entertaining and telling game between the next two opponents. I'm an old Cal alum and have hated the Spoiled Children since childhood so I wanted a Bear victory. But a I'm willing to settle for more game film that will help the Ducks beat them both.

Love it that these games are at Autzen. Both teams can be dangerous and Oregon cannot let down on either one. Williams is still one of the top QBs and he will get his. To a lesser extent Ott and the Cal run game. Both Cal and U$C have swiss cheese defenses that Stein and Nix will shred.

I figure Cal by a couple touchdowns and Trojenz by one+ when it's Vegas odds time. 

• Thumbs Up 1