Charles Fischer

GameDay Thread versus Utah: Join Us!

Utah may be a little flat from the USC game but we are conceding nothing, outside the freak fumble, and taking advantage of everything.

If Utah can't get it in gear soon it will be too late. 18 points may already be too much for their offense.

Oregon D playing with their hair on fire. I love it.

• Like 1

No mercy!!

On 10/28/2023 at 1:29 PM, Solar said:

Utah may be a little flat from the USC game but we are conceding nothing, outside the freak fumble, and taking advantage of everything.

If Utah can't get it in gear soon it will be too late. 18 points may already be too much for their offense.

Utes are just getting beat up. I don't think USC has anything to do with it. As I said during the week, Utes aren't as good as their record indicates.

We need to stay aggressive. Those last plays were not. Bo hot ride him.

Glad DL punted. Force the Utah offense to try and win the game.

Our uniforms are looking better already. 

Ducks D is playing a couple levels up. Dorlus is playing lights out. Offense doesn't need to get cute. Just do their thing and let the D carry them to victory. 

Okie lost so lets get closer to the magic 4. 

• Thumbs Up 1

James is doing some nifty punting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Utah defense woke up. Two 3 and outs for us. 

Utah D starting to make adjustments.

I'd like to see Nix target Holden, use the big receivers to your advantage.

Florence is getting worked. I'd like to see Bridges get a shot as he looked good against Washington.

• Thumbs Up 1

Prevent D gives up fg's. I don't like it but it served a purpose on that last drive. 

Utah offense had success once they started playing with some urgency.

We definitely had the momentum at the start of the game, but Utah took momentum going into the half. I think Utah will play tough from here on out.

Need to come out in the second half like we started.

On 10/28/2023 at 1:59 PM, Dave23 said:

Florence is getting worked. I'd like to see Bridges get a shot as he looked good against Washington.

He does have 8 tackles and Utes haven't found the endzone.

Utes rushing for 1.6 yards a carry. Barnes is going to have to beat Oregon with his arm. 

Lanning always says how important the last 2 minutes of the first half and first 2 minutes of the econd half are.  We'll see how the Ducks handle it.  So far, not particularly great.

Whittingham generally makes great second half adjustments, and really motivates his team.  Utah is far from done, especially if Oregon can't get it's scoring machine going again. 

On 10/28/2023 at 2:14 PM, 47sgs said:

Lanning always says how important the last 2 minutes of the first half and first 2 minutes of the econd half are.  We'll see how the Ducks handle it.  So far, not particularly great.

Whittingham generally makes great second half adjustments, and really motivates his team.  Utah is far from done, especially if Oregon can't get it's scoring machine going again. 

Thats assuming Barns can score on a D thats playing lights out. Going into the half was Ducks keeping everything in front of them.

Oregon plays better in second half so I don't see Utes having enough to be able to catch them. We will see

If we stay conservative on both sides of the ball the second half as we did at the end of the first it will be a huge challenge.

I'm fine with Utah settling for field goals. Just means the score will end up something like 42-15.

Defense is winning this game. Just take care of the ball. Another 10 points and this one should be done

• Like 1

That feels like game 🤞

Wow that TD was just too easy.

TD by Bucky Irving! Ducks still can't take their foot off the gas pedal. Utah is a very capable team.

Fantastic start to the second half. We came out like we started.

Bo is playing at a Heisman level today.

On 10/28/2023 at 3:06 PM, Log Haulin said:

He does have 8 tackles and Utes haven't found the endzone.

At least he's in position to make the tackle but he gave up 3 passes on the drive before the end of the half

T. Johnson! Looking good today.

On 10/28/2023 at 2:37 PM, Dave23 said:

At least he's in position to make the tackle but he gave up 3 passes on the drive before the end of the half

True but they were keeping everything in front

On 10/28/2023 at 2:35 PM, Log Haulin said:

That feels like game 🤞

I agree that's how it feels.

A tip of the cap to your assessment of how good Utah is and how you thought this game would go. 

Can't let up. Need to dominate through the finish for the beauty contest. I mean the playoff committee.

• Thanks 1

Ouch.   Congrats Duck fans - that’s game.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Game over

42-6?

• Mic drop 1

Pop in another TD then empty the bench.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 11:45 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

If the D dominates the Utes run game then this could be a blowout.

You, my friend, look like a prophet right now.

WELL DONE. 

#ScoDucks

• Thanks 1

Best road game the Ducks have played in a long time. Came out aggressively and are continually playing that way. 

We still don’t know how good the utes are. I’m sure they will do better against our backups.

On 10/28/2023 at 2:41 PM, Goutes18 said:

Ouch.   Congrats Duck fans - that’s game.

Thank you. Keep your head up. You'll be in the playoffs next year assuming Wittingham deals with the team's Achilles heel: their strength and conditioning coach.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2023 at 3:38 PM, Log Haulin said:

True but they were keeping everything in front

He got burnt on a few and was lucky he had help. I liked the kid a lot but he's still young and makes mistakes also he gets picked on especially when he's on bigger receivers.

Bridges is just a bigger guy who seams to stand up to the 6'5" receives a bit better.

Not sure what I'm more impressed with right now...offense or defense.   At Rice-Eccles no less...

• Go Ducks! 1

If Oregon goes up 42-6, I say put Ty Thompson in for the entire 4th quarter and see what he can do against a decent defense.

Utes really missing Cam Rising, especially in high stakes games like this.

Edited by OceaniaDuck
  • Like 1

Evan Williams BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE 🧨

• Great post! 1
  • Like 1

I can only imagine how rough and tumble the Williams household was with Bennett and Evans growing up lol

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Duck D is just toying with the Utes

• Like 1

Seriously, I turn away for a second and Utah is already punting.

On 10/28/2023 at 2:49 PM, Dave23 said:

He got burnt on a few and was lucky he had help. I liked the kid a lot but he's still young and makes mistakes also he gets picked on especially when he's on bigger receivers.

Bridges is just a bigger guy who seams to stand up to the 6'5" receives a bit better.

I don't disagree about Bridges. Been scratching my head all year about his lack of PT.

On 10/28/2023 at 2:58 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

Seriously, I turn away for a second and Utah is already punting.

I turned my back and missed both picks

• Haha 1

Does Oregon jump Texas and Okie. I think they do

Ducks getting the national TV love right in the heart of Saturday afternoon. Take that, East coast bias!

I went for coffee and boom, 2 false starts... young linemen need to screw their heads on.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Ducks on cruise control? 

• Go Ducks! 2