Pennsylvania Duck

USC Makes Offer to Utah Defensive Coordinator

Oh boy.  I bet the money will be tempting but USC is a dumpster fire...

I'm assuming this means it's an offer for a lateral move - ie as the new USC D.C., not H.C.  The posting doesn't specify.

Josh Pate nailed it when it comes to USC and Lincoln Riley.

Basically Riley is going to need to create a culture conducive for a big time DC. He has never shown the willingness to do so. So that means nothing will really happen if those changes aren't made no matter who they hire.

Lets face it, as Oregon fans that exactly what we all experienced with Cristobal. Joe Moorhead was a super exciting hire for us as Duck fans because that should "fix" the offense right? WRONG because Cristobal didn't change the culture.

Same applies for USC and defense.

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whittingham is 63 Scally is 44, much smarter to take over the program at Utah when Kyle leaves. 

I will say this about the sc program.

sarcasm.gif

• Haha 4
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

How many bathrooms and bedrooms are in the offer to Scalley?

• Mic drop 1

Does the offer include a guarantee that he can stay when Riley is tarmac'd? If not it could be a real short tenure and then have to find another job. 

Not sure but won’t Utah be a favorite to land a playoff spot next season? 

Usuc not!

Edited by Just Ducky

Personally I hope he gives USuC the middle finger and holds out for an HC job if he's so inclined.  I totally respect what they've built at Utah and hopefully for them they can hang on to him.

The only person they could find to take this job is:

A) A fool

B) Somebody that doesn't mind if this is his last coaching job in the big leagues.

We saw what LR did to Grinch. That guy had an excellent D under Leach at WSU and now he is a pariah with with multiple years of nearly unlimited resources.

Edited by Solar
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you have a manager you love because, among other reasons, they are good people and support you in a way that allows you to perform your job at a high level, and you are pretty well compensated, I have no idea why you leap into this kind of opportunity.  It's more money and likely access to better talent but you would be working for a manager who has no business being in the same sentence with your current one.

IDK Yogi.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is such a classic U$C move.

They offer a big-time DC who they think beat them the worst over the last 2 years.

And they think that bc they are U$C, that big-time DC would obviously make a lateral move for fame and money bc all anyone cares about is fame and money, right?

I bet a million bucks they offer ND’s DC when Scalley declines.

There is no creativity. There’s no identity. Just laziness.

DL has hired a bunch of “unknowns” who are working out splendidly.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I say take the money and see how it goes.  I doubt Utah can match the sc checkbook.

No telling when Whitt is going to call it quits.

The guy might want a challenge.