Massduck

Anybody Else Feel Like Charlie Brown?

Of course, that reference is to Charlie Brown getting ready to kick the ball as far as it’s ever been before. Lucy pulls it out at the last minute.

So much buildup. So close. And yet so far away. So much that was lost once again on a national stage. Anybody else having trouble wrapping your brain around this one?! 

• Thumbs Up 3

Nope. I’m a Gonzaga basketball fan. I’ve been to this dance before. 2021 Final Four against Baylor. Truth be told I saw this coming. There was too much hype for Oregon and way too much disrespect for Washington. It played right into DeBoer’s hands. His motivational speech wrote itself.

• Thumbs Up 4

I try to never look too far ahead. That said, how many one-loss teams will there be at the end of the day, and how would things have been sorted out if the Ducks had beat uw?

I've had the football snatched away by the Ducks too many times. I deliberately try to tamp down expectations for games like last night's just so I don't suffer as much the next day.

If the big day finally happens, it happens, but I'm not going to stress myself out by getting too amped up for any one game.

• Oh no! 1

Just par for the course. Lots of excitement and talk. But in the end, that's always about it. 

We all felt it all week.  There was a good possibility we would lose.  And it wasn't because we would choke.  A better team, actually a more complete team, defeated us twice.  So, No, I don't feel in any way we were deceived, or the coaches pulled our chains. 

The force is powerful within us, but we are not Jedi yet.  Darth Vader just cut off our arm.  But the force is still with us.  Never forget that.  

Will OBD ever win a Natty?  I don't know.  What I do want is what we saw all year: growing into being what it takes to win a Natty.  That's why I can accept a loss like this.

We aren't deep enough to win physically.  We still fought back, after playing horribly.  And though I disagreed with the strategy I saw last night, that coaching staff STILL got this team back in the game from a horrible start to the degree we forced them to take the game from us.  That is a team I will always support.

I understand the feelings though.  It has been a roller coaster ride, playing these Fuskies.  Not to mention the sheer surprise by most of us that we really looked good this year.  Natty good.  That's why it hurts so much...far away, so close. 

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great comment Mike.  

For me the hardest part will be listening to Mutt fans bragging about their “perfect season” where they beat the Ducks twice.

That is more relevant than their 40 some odd year old half-championship that they still crow about.

• Thumbs Up 1