Charles Fischer

The IMPOSSIBLE Playoff Choice for the Committee...

You have three undefeated conference champions in Washington, Florida State, and Michigan.  Who do you pick for the fourth spot from the SEC?

You HAVE to take the conference champion in Alabama, but Georgia is clearly one of the best in the land!  Bulldogs could WIN a rematch!

This is a Bad-or-Bad choice for the committee.

Do they push an undefeated, and conference champion in Florida State, Washington or Michigan out for Georgia?

Can't we make some last-minute arrangements to have an eight team playoff THIS year?

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

What do you do with Texas??  They beat Alabama...

This is why I hate the 4 team format. It was always a begrudging half measure from the conferences and teams that wanted the best and only access to the top BCS bowl games. 

Personally I think it should have been an 8 team format from the beginning.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just don't want to be stuck playing Liberty!

• Haha 1

Leave out conference champ Texas?  Who beat Alabama.  Maybe FSU becomes collateral damage?  What a FUBAR!!!

Fortunately we aren't on the edge of our seats as the committee would have undoubtedly left us out this season if we had won against the dawgs, my spin. 

I feel fortunate I don't really care, and just hope our Ducks can play a complete game against whatever opponent we have.

Agree the committee is going to piss off some program and I am glad it won't be Oregon, again.

I do wonder how the committee picks FSU's three field goals and a touchdown kind of output against the seven touchdowns Texas put up. Watching FSU in a playoff bowl game would be like watching some of the duals in the Coliseum during Roman times, it wouldn't end well.

Georgia and tosu have to be a better pick than FSU, and certainly Texas deserves the nod. I just don't think FSU showed they are elite with their schedule, much like Oregon would have looked, problem FSU is undefeated, what a quandary, tough decision.

• Thumbs Up 1

Most sites are projecting Texas for the final spot. The committee has been consistent with Texas if anything. However, I could see them pulling a final hour coup and deciding that Bama had the more impressive loss than Texas…even though their loss was to Texas.

I think it should be:

Michigan

Washington

Texas

Florida State

I understand the “4 best teams” argument, but the CFP committee has also added in a criteria of teams that have earned/deserved it.

Not sure how you keep an undefeated P5 conference champion out.

Michigan

Washington

Alabama

Texas

Sorry Florida State, down to your third QB, you no longer pass the eye test.

• Applause 1

I lean toward

Michigan

Washington

Florida State

Texas

Texas is annihilating their opponents, they beat Alabama (in Bama’s house), Bama beat Georgia.

However, I would not be surprised to see 2 SEC teams get slots 3 and 4.  SEC bias being what it is…

• Thumbs Up 1