Charles Fischer

The 'Left-Out' Bowl Will Be Ugly...

I was holding my breath as bowl selections were taking place.  For Georgia to left OUT of the Playoff?  And they were No. 1?  I did NOT want to face them, as whoever does was going to get their wrath...whew!

So they place Florida State as the foe?  The two passed-over teams? That bowl matchup just elicits so much pain from me.

Seminoles are in big trouble...

Florida State does not know

what they are playing with...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I agree.  This game will make the CFP committee look good for leaving FSU out.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2023 at 10:35 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I was holding my breath as bowl selections were taking place.  For Georgia to left OUT of the Playoff?  And they were No. 1?  I did NOT want to face them, as whoever does was going to get their wrath...whew!

So they place Florida State as the foe?  The two passed-over teams? That bowl matchup just elicits so much pain from me.

Seminoles are in big trouble...

Florida State does not know

what they are playing with...

giphy.gif

Once you get past the 'looks entertaining' part, you can see the potential dangers. Sure, we're not overjoyed with the Ducks playing Liberty in Glendale, but Jameis getting posterized by OBD is in the same league as what the Seminoles will suffer at the hands of the Dawgs.

As a Mohawked A-Team poet once said, "I pity the fools"

• Applause 2

Maybe. The opposite could be true as well. UGA could come out disinterested and FSU could feel disrespected and look for vengence. At least thats the argument many made with the Huskies about the P12 CG.

• Thumbs Up 3

Should have doesn't happens when could have, would have happen become the excuse. I just hope our Duck show up and do what what they should!

Disrespect and lack of preparation are the last thing we need going into a game against a capable long shot with a chip on their shoulder, and nothing to lose.

I think that Georgia wins this one handily if..if..if There are not important opt-outs and Kirby can get them fired up to play in Miami. Thus far, their hasn't been much in the way of complaining about being left out by players as far as I have heard. That could suggest the guys have a chip on their shoulders or, alternatively, are disinterested in the game, the latter of which will spell trouble.

In 2018, Georgia got passed over for a playoff spot in favor of Notre Dame, who, in turn, got boat raced in their semi. The Dawgs played Texas, and I could tell from the first two possessions that they didn't want to be there. Texas jumped out to a sizable lead that the furious Dawg rally late in the second half couldn't overcome. It was really an embarrassing performance for Georgia partisans that you don't often see from Kirby's teams. 

So the question is which Georgia shows up as well as who shows up. I know of no significant opt-outs at this time, but it is early. One of the biggest buzzes surrounding the team right now centers on whether Carson Beck comes back for another year. The quick transfer of 5-star QB Brock Vandergriff to Kentucky suggests that Carson is probably coming back as Brock would have been the likely successor had Carson decided to declare for the NFL. 

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

FSU is acting like they want to boycott the game. In reality they're petrified of being exposed. 

• Applause 1

FSU rep says put away the tin foil hat theories....both Orange Bowl head coaches found the media availability meeting on Thursday inconvenient due to recruiting.

Probably makes sense based on the numerous photos that have been posted in the last day or so of Lanning making home visits.

All these coaches are on the road to lockdown verbal commits and try to sway others.

On 12/5/2023 at 8:55 AM, Haywarduck said:

Should have doesn't happens when could have, would have happen become the excuse. I just hope our Duck show up and do what what they should!

Disrespect and lack of preparation are the last thing we need going into a game against a capable long shot with a chip on their shoulder, and nothing to lose.

Wasn't there something called the Seattle Bowl....

• Yikes! 1

On 12/7/2023 at 6:24 AM, TheRunningDuck said:

Wasn't there something called the Seattle Bowl....

scared-frightened.gif