Annie

Oregon Ducks Cornerback Trikweze Bridges Enters the Transfer Portal

Not to me.

Bridges was a starter who improved over 2022, and then played a minor role in 2023.  In the latter part of the season--he only played late in garbage time, or when there was injury.  He wants to be a starter somewhere, and I cannot blame him for that.

Oregon has really good corner talent emerging....

QUACK: Oregon Flips DB Daylen Austin - On3

Mr. FishDuck

Holy Cow!  The Transfer Portal's sucking the juice out of Oregon.

• Haha 1

I gotta say, Trikweze started to be a liability in passing coverage versus the other talent that we have. 

I love his size and match-up potential against tall receivers over someone like Dontae Manning, but he was not the best pass defender.

I wish him the best of luck but we have a good stable to pull from.  The freshman, Cole Martin, is gonna be special and with the Jahlil's (Jahlil Tucker and Jalil Florence), along with the 2024 commits put us in good shape!!

I hear Cliff Harris is coming back. Lol

Tucker is not here anymore is he? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/5/2023 at 4:53 PM, Jemangi said:

Nope.

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/5/2023 at 4:53 PM, Jemangi said:

Nope, he already transferred out.  Just Florance now.

Rodrick Pleasant emerged late in the year and got some meaningful playing time. I’m excited to see him play more.

We have a signing coming up for the 2024 recruiting class that was the No. 1 JC prospect at any position, and we see him at corner.  Offered by Florida State, Miami, Oklahoma, Penn State and USC.

N.RIVALS.COM

Sione Laulea - 2024 4 Star Cornerback for College of San Mateo (San Mateo , CA) on Rivals.com

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/5/2023 at 4:34 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

I gotta say, Trikweze started to be a liability in passing coverage versus the other talent that we have. 

I love his size and match-up potential against tall receivers over someone like Dontae Manning, but he was not the best pass defender.

I wish him the best of luck but we have a good stable to pull from.  The freshman, Cole Martin, is gonna be special and with the Jahlil's (Jahlil Tucker and Jalil Florence), along with the 2024 commits put us in good shape!!

In 22 our pass defense wasnt the best.

Always like him and thought he was more of a natural fit at safety. He was never quick enough out of the break for the faster WRs. He did however have an eye for the ball, was good playing downhill, had good speed with a large catch radius. More of a free safety.

• Applause 1

A 6'4" corner...

There aren't too many of those around. I hope he works out.

His reaction, looking back for the ball took sometime. He started off slow, I thought he finished 2022 off looking like he was adjusting, Same for Addison, he looked like he was picking balls was getting to where he needed.  My issue was they lack speed, for the kind of Defense Oregon is Scheming, that falls on the Coaches. Not using the tools you have and adjusting accordingly. Defense, more improved this Year than last year.  Yet still allowing teams with decent offense to get explosion plays and two deep safeties expected to be fast enough to cover.

Won't change, Manning gets caught, like Florence, PI when they never look back for the ball.  Recruits that do that or have speed and strength.  Got to teach that COACH! Two guys you have invested in being pushed out.  

On 12/5/2023 at 4:56 PM, kirklandduck said:

Nope, he already transferred out.  Just Florance now.

Well, I was behind the curve on that one....I thought he was still here.

On 12/5/2023 at 8:41 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Well, I was behind the curve on that one....I thought he was still here.

Yeah, it was a rather quiet exit, easy to miss.

Tucker returned close to home to San Diego State and is listed as a WR. Caught 21 passes for 296 yards and 4 TDs as a high school senior (though doesn't look like he got on the field for SDS this season).

KPNW radio reported this morning that there are currently 1,184 athletes who have entered the transfer portal so far.  This is > 400 more than at this same time last year.

According to SportsDefinitions.com under the 85/25 rule college teams are allowed to have up to 85 scholarship players and up to 25 "others".  The average number of players on collegiate football teams today are 118.  This means there are enough athletes in the transfer portal to fully man 10 teams at the current average, or 14 teams at the 85 scholarship limit.  

Interestingly, the minimum number of players for a collegiate team is 63.  So, 1,184 players in the portal could man almost 19 teams.  Think of that!