Jump to content
Jon Joseph

ANOTHER TOP DRAWER RECRUIT

Recommended Posts

4* LB Harrison Taggart from Draper, Utah has 'committed' to the Ducks.

 

IMO, Mario considering all that he has going against him is The Best Recruiter in CFB.

 

Now, please translate the excellent recruiting to the field?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2021 at 4:41 PM, Jon Joseph said:

4* LB Harrison Taggart from Draper, Utah has 'committed' to the Ducks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rivals 3-Star, great speed...his profile is here, and the offer list is OK, but not real impressive.

 

UCLA, USC, Cal, WSU, Oregon State, Utah, Arizona offered, so with Oregon it is eight of the Pac-12.  But look at that list with the link above...??

  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes you get a Justin Herbert, other times you get a Canton Kaumatule and sometimes you get a Camden Lewis. All we can do is sit back, wait to see what we get, if they develop and guess why.

 

 

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/18/2021 at 5:03 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Rivals 3-Star, great speed

I guess he runs a 10.69 100m, pretty impressive. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rankings this year are all over the place without having a normal high school season last year and the evaluations that come with it. 

 

Quite a few recruits will get bumps, while others we will just have to see if the coaches did a good enough job in the evaluation to see what these players can do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2021 at 5:07 PM, Haywarduck said:

Sometimes you get a Justin Herbert, other times you get a Canton Kaumatule and sometimes you get a Camden Lewis

Exactly. 
 

NCAA is filled with guys that physically peaked early like Canton but don’t have it over time and guys like Justin and Marcus that work to be great and develop their bodies in college. 
 

it’s why I love college football. I live the unknowns creating playing time and forcing their way on the field. 
 

maybe that’s part of our frustration.
 

We raise our expectations based on ratings and not remembering these are boys becoming men and others less gifted will grow and work hard to be better than the 5*

Edited by Vandownbytheriverduck
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2021 at 8:56 AM, Vandownbytheriverduck said:

Exactly. 
 

NCAA is filled with guys that physically peaked early like Canton but don’t have it over time and guys like Justin and Marcus that work to be great and develop their bodies in college. 
 

it’s why I love college football. I live the unknowns creating playing time and forcing their way on the field. 
 

maybe that’s part of our frustration.
 

We raise our expectations based on ratings and not remembering these are boys becoming men and others less gifted will grow and work hard to be better than the 5*

I think you are hitting on a very important item. We are equating recruiting wins to wins. Recruiting elite talent is one step and we are winning that game.

 

The other steps are picking the right recruits, the Ngata, not the Canton. Picking a 5* or 4* doesn't mean they are ready day one to rule the world. We saw that with Noah, he was all world, but also made mind numbing mistakes. He is the right recruit, but we need to be patient with their learning curve.

 

The next item is the development. We want Ty now, but he comes from a smaller school, and needs development. Playing a little, then letting him watch will pay dividends later. 

 

Between beating tosu at the shoe, and the high recruiting rankings, we are expecting perfection while the process to that end, of this young team, is exactly what we are seeing and should actually expect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Where would we be this year with the injury bug hitting us so bad without the talented depth we have from our top recruiting of players the last 4 years

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2021 at 5:03 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Rivals 3-Star, great speed...his profile is here, and the offer list is OK, but not real impressive.

 

UCLA, USC, Cal, WSU, Oregon State, Utah, Arizona offered, so with Oregon it is eight of the Pac-12.  But look at that list with the link above...??

 

Great triangle numbers (6'2/200/10.79). Impressive Start/Stop twitch. Can Bend/Sink & change direction like a Corner. Can cover a ton of ground at the backend with impressive ball skills.

 

This kid could start out as a Corner and then morph into a backend guy/Hybrid LB before ending up as a Perimeter Edge Setter.

 

I didn't see any evidence of him testing anywhere, but if he did I bet he would have been well over 100 in the SPARQ.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2021 at 1:45 PM, ChicoDuck1 said:

Great triangle numbers (6'2/200/10.79). Impressive Start/Stop twitch. Can Bend/Sink & change direction like a Corner. Can cover a ton of ground at the backend with impressive ball skills.

 

ChicoDuck!  So GREAT to have your input here, and to all who do not know him--he did reams of Player Talent Analyses for us at FishDuck.  Very knowledgeable, and a big Green Bay Packer fan along with the Ducks.

 

And as always...thanks for your information as I feel much better about him.  Perhaps he'll be elevated to 4-Star with Rivals by December?

 

WELCOME!

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2021 at 1:59 PM, Charles Fischer said:

 

ChicoDuck!  So GREAT to have your input here, and to all who do not know him--he did reams of Player Talent Analyses for us at FishDuck.  Very knowledgeable, and a big Green Bay Packer fan along with the Ducks.

 

And as always...thanks for your information as I feel much better about him.  Perhaps he'll be elevated to 4-Star with Rivals by December?

 

WELCOME!

As you well know, I'm not a big "stars" guy. I look at talent. And this is a really good football player. I love the way he sticks his face into the ball carrier and wraps up.

Dudes a baller.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2021 at 2:02 PM, ChicoDuck1 said:

As you well know, I'm not a big "stars" guy. I look at talent. And this is a really good football player. I love the way he sticks his face into the ball carrier and wraps up.

Dudes a baller.

love your analysis, thanks!  I get more excited about you saying he is a baller than a 4* multi camp attendee, who has reached his peak, maybe even burnt out, which seems to happen too often.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2021 at 2:07 PM, Haywarduck said:

love your analysis, thanks!  I get more excited about you saying he is a baller than a 4* multi camp attendee, who has reached his peak, maybe even burnt out, which seems to happen too often.

Thank you

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2021 at 5:02 PM, ChicoDuck1 said:

As you well know, I'm not a big "stars" guy. I look at talent. And this is a really good football player. I love the way he sticks his face into the ball carrier and wraps up.

Dudes a baller.

 

And being 'A Baller' is what matters. Great observations Chico. Thank you.

 

Of course it's not just the recruiting. Kids who were great in HS will not ipso facto be great in college unless they are coached up.

 

Another of the many impressive things about Saban, the top drawer recruits he brings in improve and matriculate to the NFL.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...
Top