NJDuck

Thank You, Oregon | Bo Nix

No, thank YOU, Bo, You're an inspiration!

• Great post! 3
  • Applause 6
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 2

Okay, not gonna lie,  I had tears in my eyes watching that.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

What a great video. 

We, as Oregon Duck football fans, are so blessed that Mr. Bo Nix transferred to Eugene to play his final 2 seasons of college football. It was an absolute privilege to watch this terrific young man play QB. He made our team and program better. 

Thank you, Bo. Godspeed. We will all be cheering for you in the NFL and beyond.  

• Thumbs Up 4

On 1/20/2024 at 3:42 PM, Augduck said:

Why I didn’t watch it.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dad Gummit, I miss him already!

• Thumbs Up 2

When Bo arrived there were mixed feelings. Some thought Ty Thompson might beat him out for the starting position. Then we all had a chance to watch Bo become a Heisman contender and become one of Oregon’s best.

His legacy as a transfer QB and success pays dividends into the future. As evidenced by Dillon Gabriel choosing Oregon. 

Our future looks bright.

Thank you Bo. 

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Good luck in the NFL Bo!! Show out, whatever lucky team drafts you, is getting a gem. Caleb and Drake are going get the hype, but I won't be shocked if Bo shows out.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I still remember the day I heard of Bo's transfer to Oregon and sent Charles a clip of his highlights at Auburn. My message to y'all was if I was right and Bo had his helmet on straight, you are going to like this guy. I figured that if Dan Lanning wanted him as is QB he would succeed admirably in Eugene.

Now my predictions, with a few notable exemptions, usually have some merit. But after 49-3 at the Benz in Atlanta, I suspected to hear some flack on Bo. And I wasn't wrong as several of you were expressing some doubts about Bo and Dan Lanning. I remember jumping on the forum urging patience and caution about being too critical--several times that first week, saying that Rome wasn't built in a day and expressing the belief that ultimately you would feel much more positive about your QB, your Coach, and the direction in which your program was moving.

Seeing the way that Duck partisans feel about Bo, Lanning, and the Duck program now, I feel good about my earlier predictions. Hey fellow Duck fans, here's my latest prediction: The best is yet to come!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I followed Bo a bit when he was at Auburn and was glad to get him here in Eugene. The coaching staff was a mess at Auburn and I believe they were the prime reason for Bo’s struggles there as was MCs fault for Herbert not being better at Oregon.

If you look at Bo’s stats at Auburn he lead the team in rushing on several occasions and beat some very good Teams in the SEC carrying the team on his back. His offensive line there was not very good.

Coming to Eugene was a god send for Bo and the state of Oregon. We will miss him and cherish the moments he gave us.

I know we all wish the best of luck to him and his family and he stays healthy as he makes the next step to the NFL. 

Go Bo thanks for the memories.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A great quarterback and a great person. You will be missed.

On 1/20/2024 at 3:42 PM, Augduck said:

August to Augduck: you're not alone! 

A Man of Character.  A Man of Class.  A Man of Oregon.  Nuff said.  Thanks for the memories and good fortune in your life's pursuits.  Go Nix!

Edited by MicroBurst61
  • Thumbs Up 1

He helped put the O back into Oregon, for that I will always be grateful!

The greatest what if, when he stood next to Lanning in the Washington game and wanted to go back in. I know, deep down, he wouldn't have let Oregon lose that game. Bo wanted to win, and could have won that game. 

Bo gave it his all, and made himself and Oregon better. A valiant outcome, to better oneself and those around you through talent and willpower, well done!

• Applause 2

You're welcome, Bo!

• Like 1

it was a perfect match for Oregon and Bo! Glad it happened for both. Best of luck to Bo in the NFL. 

Thank you Bo. Class, character, competitor.