Charles Fischer

Canzano, Pig-2 Chortling Over 16 Million (So Far) NCAA BBall Theft...

"The victory punctuated a $6 million day for WSU and Oregon State. Those two schools collected three more NCAA Tournament “units” as the conference posted a 3-0 record on Thursday. The “Pac-2” also earned another unit when Colorado won its “First Four” game on Wednesday. And the No. 10 seed Buffaloes play No. 7 Florida on Friday at 1:30 p.m.

The Pac-12’s current NCAA Tournament tally: $16 million… and counting.

That money will be distributed to the two remaining conference members over the next six years. That is on top of $60 million in previously earned distributions from prior tournaments. It’s all part of the growing war chest that the two schools could use for rebuild."

giphy.gif

• Yikes! 1

Mr. FishDuck

PIG2.

War chest is a bit hilarious, more of a survival fund.

Somehow, a pretend conference with no tv deal, is going to be able to rebuild into a power conference and attract new members because they give Nevada and Fresno State a million dollars?

August can’t get here soon enough.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/22/2024 at 11:25 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

War chest is a bit hilarious, more of a survival fund.

It is not even that, in my view.  They are a G-5 set of teams, and nothing, even these millions thrown at them will change that.  The money will not make any difference...which makes the stealing that much more sickening.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:25 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Somehow, a pretend conference with no tv deal, is going to be able to rebuild into a power conference and attract new members because they give Nevada a million dollars?

A charade that everyone sees through, and yet they continue to play it...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

What would be really fun is if for some reason one, but not the other is invited to the ACC or B12. Test the bonds of their loser brotherhood. 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

The Pac-2's biggest enabler. 

I'd like to say I can't believe the 8 departees in addition to UCLA and USC, especially after seeing the LA schools lose their seat at the conference table, would allow THIS to happen. 

But TIP. This is the Pac.  

• Thumbs Up 1

It's one thing to keep the Pac12 monies from back-up rainy day fund, but monies from the "big dance" when your school isn't even a participant?!

I must concur with Mr. Fishduck, Pig-2 is a much better name.

You would think there would be grounds for a legal pursuit, but with legal costs it might not be worth the effort. 

I venture to say that this $$ is more than any TV contract they might get in the future.

16 - 20 M divided by 3 - 6years won't go too far anyway. But the principle of fairplay, not applicable to Pig-2.

• Applause 1

Heaven forbid that Barkley's Final prediction comes true... Arizona-Oregon Final?

Talk about a windfall!

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As to the new league Pig-2, seems harsh to compare a pair of bottom gut feeding slime balls to pigs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

30 years from now Canzano and Wilner will still be banging this same drum.   John just can't end his OS lovefest.  🤯  I am sure he is sending his love to Bray as well.

BTW- the esteemed beav beat writer at the O, Nick Daschel yesterday asked his acolytes if they were cheering for the DUCKS since it meant money for OS if they won.  My God, the replies were beyond pathetic.   Take my word, only unless your are really truly beyond bored don't read the dissertations on X.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/22/2024 at 1:15 PM, Flyin Vee said:

As to the new league Pig-2, seems harsh to compare a pair of bottom gut feeding slime balls to pigs.

I like pigs... Castor, and Bullhocky, not so much.

A silver lining mightbe that play-in games don't pay anything.

I think there is a 2 mil unit for qualifying for the NCAAs and 0 for a play-in.

I'm sticking with Pac-Turds

• Thumbs Up 1

Fact that it is spread over 6 years eases the blow a bit for me. Who knows what portion of this they’ll retain in 5 years…have fun with all the bean counting as the units start to dry up PIG2.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

On 3/23/2024 at 11:54 AM, Steven A said:

I'm sticking with Pac-Turds

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

PIG 2 wins another case of lipstick.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/23/2024 at 3:12 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Fact that it is spread over 6 years eases the blow a bit for me. Who knows what portion of this they’ll retain in 5 years…have fun with all the bean counting as the units start to dry up PIG2.

Oregon is responsible for one-twelfth of the Liabilities and entitled to no Assets.

OSU and WSU are each responsible for one-twelfth of the Liabilities and 50% of the Assets.

Paid over one, five, or ten years this is a hose job.

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1

On 3/23/2024 at 12:38 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Oregon is responsible for one-twelfth of the Liabilities and entitled to no Assets.

OSU and WSU are each responsible for one-twelfth of the Liabilities and 50% of the Assets.

Paid over one, five, or ten years this is a hose job.

They are still blood suckers, but it lessens the blow (to me at least) and would seem a lot worse if they were being cut a check for $30m one day after the tourney ended.

At the end of the day, I don’t work in the administration, whether or not these morons get a semi-life raft doesn’t truly impact me other than it’s annoying. As a fan I’ll enjoy watching us host tOSU and being relevant while they try to convince everyone they aren’t a group of 5/6 because they pilfered $50m.

That being said, shouldn’t have gifted the grifters a home game, that’s just being masochistic. 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 2

Much like a lottery winner, it sounds good, but it never ends well. The Pig-2, love the name, will go down in flames much like every lottery winner.

When you earn it you are much more likely to keep it, grow it and have something to show for it. I like where the Ducks are now and in the future.

The beavs and cougs just sat there, did nothing, as the bus left the barn, and found themselves on the lucky end of a Larry Scott lottery. 

twoluckyguys-dumb-and-dumber.gif

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/23/2024 at 1:17 PM, Haywarduck said:

Much like a lottery winner, it sounds good, but it never ends well. The Pig-2, love the name, will go down in flames much like every lottery winner.

When you earn it you are much more likely to keep it, grow it and have something to show for it. I like where the Ducks are now and in the future.

The beavs and cougs just sat there, did nothing, as the bus left the barn, and found themselves on the lucky end of a Larry Scott lottery. 

twoluckyguys-dumb-and-dumber.gif

Great comment & video. 

The problem with the Pig-2 having been welfare recipients with their hands out there now for decades, is that once they quickly run out of OPM (Other PAC Money), they'll have virtually no idea how to survive. 

I'm tellin' ya... it ain't gonna be pretty when we effectively see them on the side of Highway 99 picking up can & bottles, and holding up cardboard signs that say: "Need More Free OPM." (OPM has an opium like effect)

And of course, they'll still go nowhere near a mirror, and they will continue to blame everyone & everything else for their demise. 

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/22/2024 at 1:15 PM, Flyin Vee said:

Catfish2 seems apropo, but where's the rhyme in that?

On 3/23/2024 at 7:54 PM, woundedknees said:

Catfish2 seems apropo, but where's the rhyme in that?

Catfish 2 skidoo. We hose over the Pac-12 too? 

Silver lining after double OT heartbreak 😂 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

TRAITOR! WSU CBB coach Kyle Smith has accepted the job at Stanford. 

Smith is well qualified having coached in the Ivy League for several successful seasons with Columbia. Smith has a rebuild on his hands.

At UW new coach from Utah State, Danny Sprinkle, will mine the transfer portal. Exactly like he did at Utah State before taking the Aggies to the Tournament and a first-round win. Smith will not be able to mine the portal at Stanford.

So WSU now joins OSU in losing a successful Money Ball coach. At least J. Smith went B1G. Smith left Pullman to take a job in the rugged ACC with the transfer portal and NIL arms tied behind his back. I am certain that he will have more than a few Cougars fan epitaphs sprinkled in his direction.   

Unlike Canzano and Wilner, quality coaches know that the Pac-2 are G5 programs playing out the string so they can score Pac-10 money.

It's good to be B1G.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Haha 1

$65 Million for the Pig 2 and counting. ABSURD!

BLEACHERREPORT.COM

While Washington State and Oregon State will watch the other 10 schools in the Pac-12 depart for different conferences this year, they will at least receive…

Oh brother 🙄

Canzano: Oregon State and Washington State close to TV deal for football games

Exposure -- not revenue -- is the primary focus

Oregon State and Washington State are putting the final touches on a television deal involving the broadcast of their 2024 home football games.

The Beavers have seven home games next season and the Cougars have six. The two Pac-12 Conference schools bundled them together in a 13-game offering.

The CW Network is believed to be the primary broadcast partner. The network was in extended talks with the Pac-12 as recently as a week ago, per sources.

The CW doesn't have an in=house sports production arm.  Raycom produces the ACC sports events.  NASCAR produces its broadcasts.  If the CW ends up as the Pac-12's partner, the Pac-12 Network would produce Oregon State and Washington State's 13 home football games, I'm told.

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Exposure -- not revenue -- is the primary focus.

My guess is that the game against Texas Tech would have been broadcast on B1G Fox and not on a Little League network. 

The beat and the bending over carry on. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Pac-2 scored (screwed) the Pac-10 for $65M. But when it comes to athletic department employees the hits just keep on coming. Will the last person out the door, please turn off the lights?

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Chun returns to the Big Ten, where he spent the first 15 years of his administrative career

On 3/26/2024 at 12:45 PM, Jon Joseph said:

The Pac-2 scored (screwed) the Pac-10 for $65M. But when it comes to athletic department employees the hits just keep on coming. Will the last person out the door, please turn off the lights?

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Chun returns to the Big Ten, where he spent the first 15 years of his administrative career

THIS is who they hire? Seriously? What are they thinking?

Total two-fer in my view. Facial for PIG2 and terrible hire (again) by UW.

I occasionally peek in on a beaver forum and the once brother in arms is instantly being called a “scumbag”. Ditto for hoops coach. Cracks in the foundation of unquestioned solidarity as the rats flee. 😆 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

Jabba, Chun is well respected in the industry and he comes with lots of B1G experience at Ohio State working for the extremely well thought of Gene Smith.

And, UW's financials are not robust at this time even coming off a Natty appearance.  I expect that Fisch probably was asked to sign off on the hire.

With CBB coach Sprinkles in place, if Billy Napier is fired at Florida. Chun may have to hire a new CFB coach if the well-traveled Fisch is offered the job by his alma mater.  

Seems like a good hire to me but what do I know? In 2023 I had FSU 2-2 after 4 games!

All true. People I know with WSU ties blamed him for many of their financial woes. But in reality, they’ve been relatively successful on the field the last year.

That being said, their athletic department is a complete financial dumpster fire under his watch, fair or not.

Bottom line, I think the PAC2 is at the least feeling a bit unsettled from this, which is a shame.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can Oregon just get out of this waste of space already? It's like buying into a nice area, but you have to stay in your old crap neighborhood for a designated amount of time. Meanwhile you have to forfeit your earnings to the two idiots in the two worst houses because they have nowhere else to go.

Let's just go to the crappy motel (independence) until our new house (Big Ten) is ready to move into.

Get the leeches off already. What a freaking joke of a league. The ACC is suing each other, and their league hides their conference bylaws like it's the book of secrets, but they are still better run than this crap show. How anybody can still feel sorry for Beavis and Coughead is beyond me at this point.

They suck!!! Literally, they are sucking the blood of programs like Oregon. Cancel that series with Oregon State.  Don't give them the biggest gate every other year.. Cut them off, make them improve without financial help from Oregon. 

• Applause 1