Charles Fischer

I Know it is TOO SOON, But I'm in LOVE Again...

I know, my divorce was only this last November, and this is the classic case of a stupid man getting into a rebound situation.  First, let me tell you about my lost-love...

She was Inversion IPA made by Deschutes Brewery in Bend, and they discontinued this favorite Oregon Craft Beer of mine as a regular offering. I was crestfallen, as I could not find another beer that resembled the same flavor available year-round...until now.

Van Henion.jpg

Above is the Van Henion Pale Ale, from the new Van Henion Brewery in Bend, as principals John Van Duzer, Mark and Dana Henion combined their knowledge of brewing from their time at Deschutes Brewery, Ninkasi Brewery in Eugene, and Boneyard Brewing in Bend. A great write-up telling their story is right here that you will enjoy.

This is the only time you will see me do a "bait-and-switch" from a title to the actual purpose of a post, as I wanted to be sure that the beer-drinkers in the community saw this post.  I want to give a thanks to Ryan at Market-of-Choice for guiding me to this new Oregon beer, and it is quite possible these brew masters were part of my coveted Inversion IPA in the past.

In a glass....jpg

Do try some!  Their website also gives more information about this beer and the Lagers they are becoming famous for.

And no, I am not so silly as to be dating or even mingling as I am enjoying building my Charitable Planned Giving Consulting firm, and posting my silly GIFs here with this community that I so love. In fact I am really having a blast living alone where I fart, belch and cheer for Our Beloved Ducks in my undies.  (Sorry for that mental image)

Well, all that and talking with my Duck-Buddies who are as rabid fans as I.  So, I am passing this along now, as I will be sipping the last of them this weekend for quite a while as I return to my low-inflammation diet to ease the pain of arthritis.  (Beer is bad for it)  I hope you like this new one as much as I do...as I'm love once again!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Well, being from Bend, I concur that is an excellent IPA.  The guys running that brewery have a wealth of experience.  There are so many good beers here it takes a week to get through my favorites.  Being partial  to hazy IPAs, there are at least a half dozen that are great, including those from Silver Moon, Deschutes, Worthy, and Bevel.

My present favorite beer is Strata IPA from Worthy, though Boneyard RPM is  a good standby.  It's also nice Worthy is just a few miles from my home by back roads

• Cool 1

Did Boneyard go out of business?

Don’t know..,

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/26/2024 at 6:18 PM, DC Featherbutt said:

Did Boneyard go out of business?

The co-founders of Boneyard, sold to Gary Fish, founder of Deschutes Brewing.  Tony Lawrence conceived of Boneyard after working with Gary at Deschutes for years and learning brewing from Oregon craft beer legend John Harris, who founded Ecliptic Brewing, which just sold to Ninkasi.  

Tony and co. still have the original Boneyard brewery where they do seasonal and single batch brews, while Deschutes handles the bulk brewing for Boneyard that goes into cans for distribution.

BONEYARDBEER.COM

Back to the Boneyard Boneyard Beer was started with one goal in mind – make great beer. In 2010, Boneyard Beer was created in an old auto shop tucked away in the backstreets of Bend, … Continue reading

Edited by idontrollonshobbas
  • Thanks 1

Boneyard also has it's own brewpub restaurant down on Division street in Bend.

Cheers, Mate! Congratulations for finding your new love.

FYI, Tachawn has been in Detroit the past few days working the Draft.

I scored 4 tickets for the October 5th game with MSU at Autzen. We now have our flights, hotels, car rental res,  and game tickets. Judy and I will be joined in Portland on the 2nd by her MSU alums, brother and sister-in-law from East Lansing (Jackson).   I hope to see you at Autzen!

Go Ducks!!🦆 

• Cool 1

Boneyard RPM IPA still very much alive and kicking and is my go to IPA,  but I will try Charles's suggestion for sure. Maybe when watching the replay of the spring game tomorrow. 

Haha you had me going with that title. 😋 

I don't drink anymore, but I sure loved me a good beer when I did. Good thing about beer?... You don't have to be faithful 😉 

Happy Spring Game Day OBD!

• Thanks 1

I tried that IPA a few days ago. It is very good, in love or lust good.....Nah, but good.

• Applause 1

TMI Chuck, TMI 🤣

• Haha 1

Great to hear you have also found our diet has a huge impact on our health and welfare as we age. We are all getting older, but we don't have to get old, too fast!

One thing I have found true about diets is you don't have to worry about cheating once in a while, as Krsmqn stated. I actually think it makes us a bit stronger to punch our diets where it hurts once in a while. I like the occasional martini, but enjoy the stronger punch.

We definitely can't afford to let our passions go away, just keep them in check.

• Thumbs Up 1