Charles Fischer

Oregon's Final Portal Transfer Targets to Watch For...

First, the portal window closed last night for players to register to leave.  Now, the schools have up to a 48 hour processing period before officially listing them on the portal, so I expect we will see some additional names in the next two days. Once in the portal--they can take their time deciding where to go and sign with.

The word on other sites is that Coach Lanning is only after two portal targets among this spring group.  The first is Derrick Harmon, the massive 359 pound Nose Tackle who visited Oregon during the winter portal period.  Word is, that he is still very interested in Oregon, but is making a few other visits to check the size of the NIL bag.

Mr. FishDuck

The other target is Safety Peyton Woodard from Alabama, who would be a sophomore.  He was one of the top safety prospects in the nation, and Oregon recruited him they know each other well.  He is from Bellflower HS in California, (John Bosco) and I believe has former teammates on Oregon's squad.

He was listed as a "no contact" in the portal, meaning that he will reach out to who he is interested in, or has already decided upon.  He is described as a high-character guy, and would provide depth at the position for now with a high upside.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Apparently, USC is interested in both players, and that would be fun to take their lunch-money again...

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Well those two would certainly assuage my concerns!  Go get ‘em Coach

Harmon reportedly canceled the visit to Miami.

247SPORTS.COM

Here's the latest on some of college football's top uncommitted players in the transfer portal.

On 5/1/2024 at 12:03 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Harmon reportedly canceled the visit to Miami.

Yep, and unfortunately, Ohio State is not out of the picture.  But it comes down to the total package, and Oregon may not have enough NIL budget to afford Harmon.

After what I saw of the defensive line in the Spring Game, I am sweating it a lot less. We have some very talented young guns at defensive/nose tackle at Oregon.

It is "good-or-good" to me as to whether we sign Harmon.  I do not want to scare away great young talent either....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

A bit of a surprise that Ben Roberts hit the transfer portal. I thought he had a pretty good Spring game. It makes one wonder if there isn't  a defensive lineman nose tackle coming in the portal, hopefully Harmon. 

• Let’s hope! 2

On 5/1/2024 at 5:26 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

A bit of a surprise that Ben Roberts hit the transfer portal.

💯

He was pegged to be a starter this year.

As you said, hopefully, Roberts knows something we don’t about a nose tackle transfer. 🤞

I will have more about the loss of Ben Roberts tomorrow, as I have some homework to finish tonight.

Peyton Woodard is visiting Oregon this weekend!

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

OT? Yes. However, General Booty, deserves a shout out!

BLEACHERREPORT.COM

Oklahoma quarterback General Booty is reportedly entering the transfer portal after two seasons with the Sooners. Pete Nakos of On3 Sports reported Thursday…

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2024 at 1:04 PM, Jon Joseph said:

However, General Booty, deserves a shout out!

He certainly puts the "N" in NIL, doesn't he?

Well, if football doesn't work out for General Booty, he could always fall back to a career as a male stripper.

• Haha 2

On 5/3/2024 at 9:35 AM, CountryProf said:

Well, if football doesn't work out for General Booty, he could always fall back to a career as a male stripper.

I was thinking that he should join the military. Think of how fun basic training would be!

• Thumbs Up 1

Booty?  I grew up with a Booty.  Not General Booty rather, Illgotten.

Illgotten Booty.....wasn't a General though he might have been a Pirate.

Edited by idontrollonshobbas
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2024 at 11:44 PM, OregonDucks said:

I was thinking that he should join the military. Think of how fun basic training would be!

Like playing golf with a judge: Your honor your Honor.