Cacker Guy

Portal Transfer DL Derrick Harmon Commits to the Ducks!!!

A huge get for OBD!!

• Thanks 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 8
  • Thumbs Up 4

Absolutely massive and mind blowing and big this is. 

He probably takes the starting spot or worst case slides in as 1B. 

The Ducks have loads of talent at nose tackle it feels like now. This has the makings of an amazing year. 

• Applause 3

HUZZAH! Charles's guy joins the flock.  No wonder Ben Roberts flew away from the nest.

Two transfers of two B1G body guys who will 'start' and provide a great rotation on D. Critical with 8 games in a row and the expanded playoff field.

Way to go Danno!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dan doin' work. 💪

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is almost beyond my comprehension....as this addition truly completes this defense.  The impact on the linebackers is enormous.  It will help put opposing teams quickly into a one-dimension passing attack once they get behind, because running the ball will be a low-return for the effort because of Harmon.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

I hear USC fans handled the news well...

giphy.gif

• Haha 8

Mr. FishDuck

I don't think I've often witnessed a 325lb dude holding a rubber ducky...but maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.

Regardless, this is awesome news.

Looking forward to seeing this defense on the field.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don’t normally get into the micro level of recruiting, but this one was…large.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/3/2024 at 2:06 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

I don’t normally get into the micro level of recruiting, but this one was…large.

Agreed! This was the one piece I was hoping for. Thanks Coach!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/3/2024 at 1:47 PM, bbmichaels said:

a 325lb dude

He is 359 pounds...changes everything for this defense.  The last piece needed...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

And another one joins.

And another one joins.

Another one joins the Ducks!

• Oh no! 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Duck fans react to massive pair of commitments on social media

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Always fun when you get a double-Duck day.

• Like 1

Well done!

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/3/2024 at 2:06 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

get into the micro level of recruiting, but this one was

MACRO

• Thumbs Up 1

Sometimes a one horse caravan will get you where you're going. Other times you have to have two. What Coach Lanning is building is like the eight-horse hitch Budweiser uses for their beer.

We might even get sponsored by Budweiser this year with all the horse power we will have on the field. I could see a commercial where we have some of the massives pulling the National Title trophy home!

I don't know about you but I always love the Budweiser commercials with their clydesdales. I have to say I love the lineup Lanning is putting together even more!

images.jpeg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ducks LANDED ELITE LB & #1 DL from Portal and DAN MIGHT NOT BE DONE THIS WEEKEND!!

We have 6 players in the 2025 class, even though that puts us 21 team ranking, the players individual rankings are averaging in the 90s.  This is just the beginning of what Dan Lanning will churn out for this class!

Quack Watch?  Could we secure another recruit before the weekend ends?  Maybe Peyton Woodyard?

This video has some good info.

Alright, now it's starting to feel more even with OSU. We are going to arguably have the best DL in the B1G (almost wrote PAC12 there!).

Both OSU and Michigan's offensive strengths will be their running game. If we can get any kind of head start on them, they'll feel pressured to abandon the run if they only get 0-5 yards per carry. And the won't have hope of significantly wearing us down over the course of the game due to our depth.

Game on.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

NJ - great insight regarding the current rankings. At the end of the day does anyone expect that Syracuse and Wake Forest among other "leaders" will finish in the Top 25? That Georgia will finish 14th? That Oregon will finish 21st?

The Ducks will sign more than six players in the 2025 class. Notre Dame is No. 1 with 20 players 'committed' and a score of 255.65. Ohio State is 2nd with 13 players 'committed' and a score of 255.56, a .09 difference. Seeing as how it is the month of May, which team is ahead? 

Ranking the portal picking as of today's date is incisive. Ranking the 2025 class is as silly as ranking nine SEC teams, with the lowest ranked No.19, in a much-too-early Top 25. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 things to know about Oregon Ducks' new DL transfer Derrick Harmon

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Want to learn more about Oregon Ducks DT Derrick Harmon? We’ve got you covered.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1