Charles Fischer

SC is SICK of Oregon...

73c1ba03-52bd-4c55-b3b4-686cb787ee10-jpe

giphy.gif

So sad...makes me want to CRY!

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

USC's only hope was to keep Oregon out of the Big 10.  Since that didn't happen, 😱 their misery continues with tears of anguish. 😭

For USC, Oregon is like that Willie Nelson song "Always on My Mind".  Will just take the lyric part:

Oregon, is always on my mind

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Wow 1
  • Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

giphy.gif

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I thought Pete C mastered the “bag game” for a hot minute before it came crashing down? I guess they can only compete in the “bag game” when it’s illegal. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm sure USC will be fine...

• Cool 1
  • Haha 4

Mr. FishDuck

Something SC fans are forgetting, tax rates in CA are much, much higher than in OR.

Their NIL would have to offer at least 35-50% more for same $$.

Then there's OR with a better rated D...

better rated O-line. 

Maybe players just want better coaching.

Just sayin. 🤭

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 1:46 PM, Charles Fischer said:

giphy.gif

Maybe Oregon would hire LR as a QB Coach…

On 5/5/2024 at 3:08 PM, OregonDucks said:

Maybe Oregon would hire LR as a QB Coach…

I love how they think LR is undeniably the best active coach at any level of football. There is a chance, just saying, that he’s not. Then again, compared to everyone they’ve had post PC I can see why they’d be confused. 

On 5/5/2024 at 1:35 PM, NJDuck said:

USC's only hope was to keep Oregon out of the Big 10.  Since that didn't happen, 😱 their misery continues with tears of anguish. 😭

Additionally they opened the gates for Oregon to get stronger by their decision to leave the PAC and kill it at that point. 

In the end Oregon was too valuable to not grab before the West Coast conference fell apart. 

Oregon is benefitting more from being in the B1G than SC. Oregon's recruiting foot print and influence has expanded but USC's has not. 

• Great post! 1

giphy.gif

Ha... Ha... HA Hahahahahahahahahahahhahhhhhh... I snorted coffee.

Yeah, it burns. But it hurts Usuc more than it does me!

Edited by woundedknees
  • Haha 2

On 5/5/2024 at 2:58 PM, DanLduck said:

Something SC fans are forgetting, tax rates in CA are much, much higher than in OR.

Their NIL would have to offer at least 35-50% more for same $$.

Then there's OR with a better rated D...

better rated O-line. 

Maybe players just want better coaching.

Just sayin. 🤭

I'm not sure many are doing the math on the tax rates. 

But the three keys of recruitment right now are relationships, NFL development and NIL. 

Lanning and company are amazing at relationship building. You hear every single recruit who visits Oregon say it feels like family and they feel they belong, whether or not they choose the Ducks. This also encompasses things like the culture and play time. 

NFL preparation is is growing with every year and got a big boost with this last draft. Getting more into the draft and earlier rounds will only make this better. 

Then there is the NIL component of throwing money at players. These NIL prices vary depending on the previous two. 

A great example is looking at Saban at Alabama where Bama's NIL payouts were considered to be lower because the development to the NFL was so high that just getting to Bama increased a players chances of reaching the next level. 

Division Street is giving competitive NIL rates frim everything I've heard but they aren't just throwing money at players that USC fans think is happening. 

It is funny to watch them implode though. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 3:13 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

I love how they think LR is undeniably the best active coach at any level of football. There is a chance, just saying, that he’s not. Then again, compared to everyone they’ve had post PC I can see why they’d be confused. 

And I'll just drop this article here. 

FISHDUCK.COM

It has been absolutely delightful as Duck fans to watch USC’s problems, not only this year but over more than a decade at this point. For the record…

I'm starting to realize just how many articles I've written evaluating USC's short comings. 

I think I may be enjoying their failure too much. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 4:43 PM, David Marsh said:

Maybe I should consider that as well?

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

giphy.gif

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

And I'll just drop this article here. 

FISHDUCK.COM

It has been absolutely delightful as Duck fans to watch USC’s problems, not only this year but over more than a decade at this point. For the record…

I'm starting to realize just how many articles I've written evaluating USC's short comings. 

Also worth noting that two particular coaches they fired since PC are now quite successful. I’m sure that’s just a coincidence.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

On 5/5/2024 at 4:40 PM, David Marsh said:

It’s been 20 years since I worked in Oregon, but 20 years ago, Oregon’s payroll taxes were significantly higher than California’s.

Wait, is Barry insinuating that LR has won something? Last I checked DL actually has a national championship ring as a DC and has a better HC record the last 2 seasons…

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 4:40 PM, David Marsh said:

But the three keys of recruitment right now are relationships, NFL development and NIL. 

Lanning and company are amazing at relationship building. You hear every single recruit who visits Oregon say it feels like family and they feel they belong, whether or not they choose the Ducks. This also encompasses things like the culture and play time. 

NFL preparation is is growing with every year and got a big boost with this last draft. Getting more into the draft and earlier rounds will only make this better. 

Then there is the NIL component of throwing money at players. These NIL prices vary depending on the previous two. 

A great example is looking at Saban at Alabama where Bama's NIL payouts were considered to be lower because the development to the NFL was so high that just getting to Bama increased a players chances of reaching the next level. 

Division Street is giving competitive NIL rates frim everything I've heard but they aren't just throwing money at players that USC fans think is happening. 

It is funny to watch them implode though. 

I agree 100% with all you said David.

On point!

Development and relationships. 

But I'm willing to bet the business folks involved with the NIL group point out tax differences. 

It's like having too much money . . . No such thing!

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2024 at 2:44 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I'm sure USC will be fine...

USC's own reporters say their DL is G5 level right now with little depth. They need to send out the APB to current students to find potential walk ons that could be pushed above 300 lbs with a summer of gluttony.

USC should be really good this year, but they face planted on the most critical position outside of QB going into the B1G.

On 5/5/2024 at 6:30 PM, DanLduck said:

I agree 100% with all you said David.

On point!

Development and relationships. 

But I'm willing to bet the business folks involved with the NIL group point out tax differences. 

So I checked, CA top tax rate is 13.3% and OR is 9.9%

Not a lot of difference. 

CA cost of living, #2 highest.

OR col is #10 highest.

So again, not a lot if difference $$.

Difference is the coaching and the culture, just like you said Mr. Marsh.

Well said.

I can think of one area where USC would be totally dominate:  The American Conference.

Oh wait, that's where Tulane plays.

USC could totally dominate the MAC.

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1