Charles Fischer

Dillon Gabriel: "Lost a Bit of Zip on His Throws" ???

The impact on his throwing velocity from a prior injury is the first I've heard of this, and the article below has some very interesting stats and thoughts about Gabriel versus Nix at Oregon.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Other Big Ten storylines include a new helmet for Illinois this season

"For a group of delusional psychopaths, Ohio State fans are typically nice in person."

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Hilarious anti-Gabriel propaganda. I watched the OU-Texas game last year. The guy could not miss. He was putting balls wherever he wanted on the field. This was all post-injury 🤣.

In the Spring Game, if the broadcast would have blurred out DG and only showed the ball leaving his hands you would've swore it was Bo Nix out there. I'm not worried about his production one bit.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Like 2

Wasn't it incredible that both Gabriel and Nix had precisely the same number of touchdowns and interceptions?

I have not watched Gabriel games, so I do not have an opinion on his arm strength, but I was not impressed with the long-ball accuracy from any of the QBs in the Spring Game, nor was I with Nix. While they are low-percentage passes...I thought we would complete more Bird-Bombs with Nix than we did.

Dillon Gabriel4_Screenshot from On3 Video.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Never let the facts interfere with a good story

• Applause 2

On 5/31/2024 at 9:19 AM, Duxster said:

Never let the facts interfere with a good story

Pretty sure that is the reason for AI and the internet (present site excepted).

• Haha 1

Much thanks to The Seed hardcore. This type of story - created solely to inspire confidence in their fan base - never takes into account the effect it will have on its subject. Think this won’t inspire Dillon to prove them wrong? Think again.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/31/2024 at 8:29 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Wasn't it incredible that both Gabriel and Nix had precisely the same number of touchdowns and interceptions?

I have not watched Gabriel games, so I do not have an opinion on his arm strength, but I was not impressed with the long-ball accuracy from any of the QBs in the Spring Game, nor was I with Nix. While they are low-percentage passes...I thought we would complete more Bird-Bombs with Nix than we did.

Dillon Gabriel4_Screenshot from On3 Video.jpg

I took would have liked to see more deep shots. 

But could that also have something to do with our wide receiver corp? It felt like Franklin was really our only deep threat.

I love Tez but he's more of a short to medium range target who will get the ball and go get more. 

Could Stewart be the true deep threat we've needed? 

With Nix it never felt like his deep balls were placed badly but always a bit too long. 

Looking forward to seeing how this receiver corp develops as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Feels like the author is drawing an erroneous conclusion based on too high of an aggregate (they're looking at this on a per team basis).  If you look at it on a per season basis:

WWW.ESPN.COM

Complete career NCAAF stats for Oklahoma Sooners Quarterback Dillon Gabriel on ESPN. Includes scoring, rushing, defensive and receiving stats.

Dillon's 2023 stats were the best of his career with highs on completion percentage, passing yards, yards per attempt, and passer rating.  He also routinely had long passes of over 50 yards throughout that season.  It's clickbait designed to stir controversy where there isn't any.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Yeah, I was just about to say that I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep about Gabriel's arm strength from reading the target article. I might worry more about the receiving core than abou tDillon's arm.

• Thumbs Up 1

Let us be patient with Dillon. He played at OK with humidity that we don’t have in Oregon. Probably never had a sore arm down there. I’m sure he isn’t out there throwing fast balls this far from the season. I’m sure his arm will be more lively when the season rolls around.

You’ll always recognize the leaders by the arrows in their back.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1