Steven A

"The Duck" Continues His Visits to the BIG Ten

I hope it's a friendly gopher.

WWW.SI.COM

EUGENE - The Oregon Duck mascot is on a tour of Big Ten conference schools and stadiums. This time, the Duck decided to...

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Not even played a single game from a single sport in the B1G and WE be planting those seeds, to live forevermore in our new conferences "heads"!

Beavis, OooCLA (they're in LA), USuC, and the Buttsniffers from up north can all attest to having the Oregon Ducks living in their heads.

We just be expanding our "head worms" to a whole new level of frustrating our opponents!

Go B1G Ducks!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The thing I always forget about and realize later, is that, yes, the marketing tactic itself is usually fun and does a good job of promoting OBD.  But it is EVERYBODY in the nation writing about the tactic is where things explode in terms of exposure and Brand Building, as these publicity events are something for the sportswriters across the US to create articles about.

They are searching for topics always to write about, and this time of year is slim--thus we are being covered in all time zones!

Oregon Poster 1_ESPN Video.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I checked the map and found a river or lake next to all our away games this year except for UCLA. There is not usually water in the LA River, but there is a nice pond on the golf course at the Rose Bowl. Not the traffic and visability there but I bet you can see it from the top of the Rose Bowl. 

Should Puddles paddle down the Willamtte from Alton Baker Park to Corvallis? A couple of sheriff jet boats and a flotilla of river boats and kayaks in Oregon Green and Yellow would be impressive and a good practice to invade Lake Washington next year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A friend of mine at my gym has a son on the Cheer squad at Oregon. This morning she told me about the DUCK showing up at a football conference at Nebraska and how the next stop was Minnesota. This was all done on one students initiative. He lives in Nebraska and checked with his superiors in Eugene and they shipped him the DUCK mascot gear. He got thrown out of course and then said he would head on to Minnesota. This was not branding being executed by the University but by one students idea. GO DUCKS! 30 days to kickoff!

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 9:48 AM, Red Eddy Green said:

Should Puddles paddle down the Willamtte from Alton Baker Park to Corvallis? A couple of sheriff jet boats and a flotilla of river boats and kayaks in Oregon Green and Yellow would be impressive and a good practice to invade Lake Washington next year. 

It wouldn't make it under the bridge at Harrisburg. There are other obstacles in the river as well. 

When it is inflated, it is anchored and there are guy wires attached all around it to hold it up. Otherwise, it would topple over in even a slight wind. 65 feet high makes for a very big sail.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Iowa and Wisconsin 

WWW.SI.COM

The Oregon Duck mascot can't be stopped, unless the gates to your stadium are closed. "let me in!!!" The Duck After surprise visits to Nebraska and Minn

• Thumbs Up 2

Did the Duck drink Champaign? If so, I hope Puddles did not feel ILL. (SORRY!)

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2024 at 7:39 AM, Steven A said:

Iowa and Wisconsin 

WWW.SI.COM

The Oregon Duck mascot can't be stopped, unless the gates to your stadium are closed. "let me in!!!" The Duck After surprise visits to Nebraska and Minn

You never know when the gates to a stadium might be unlocked. One year, many years ago, I was on a trip that included parts of Texas and we found a gate to the Cotton Bowl unlocked. I can't believe it now, but we actually went inside and walked around the stadium, and I even went down on the field and ran a few yards. 😄 Maybe The Duck will have similar luck at one of the B1G stadiums.

Edited by Annie
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

The Duck has now also been to Iowa's stadium, and the B1G Headquarters in Rosemont, Illinois....  per The Duck's twitter account.

Puddles showed up in the Big Ten Network's newly renovated Chicago studios and gave one of the announcer's a B1G beak kiss. 😍

Duck at Rosemont, Illinois Big Ten Headquarters  (near O'Hare Airport)

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

And, more from Rosemont....apparently the breakroom at B1G Headquarters...

• Haha 1

The Duck's Big Ten tour gains steam while Oregon football starts fall camp

SATURDAYBLITZ.COM

Oregon is officially in the Big Ten and to kickoff the Ducks' campaign in their new conference, their feathered mascot is making a trip across the country.

• Go Ducks! 1

Why the Big Ten Map Commercial Matters with the Newly Added Oregon Ducks

Breaking down the infamous Big Ten Conference map commercial and why the addition of the four West Coast schools, including University of Oregon, feels oh so sweet!

WWW.SI.COM

Like the sprawling map of Westeros that delicately unveils each kingdown at the beginning of Game of Thrones, the Big Ten...

Oregon Duck mascot’s cross-country tour continues with interview on ESPN’s ‘Pat McAfee Show’

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Duck sat down for a wide-ranging, uhh, conversation with McAfee.

Mr. FishDuck

In The Shoe...

Image.jpeg.60c74f1dd84c23a6f00467e6550f97be.jpeg 

Sign-Stealing at Michigan: The Oregon Duck Tries to Barrel into the Big House

The Oregon Duck makes a swing through Michigan, just as the Wolverines are going through NCAA investigations and penalties for violations stemming from the COVID-19 recruiting dead period and an alleged sign-stealing scheme during their national title run.

01j4pvt8mnsnwf3ts7cf.jpg

WWW.SI.COM

The Oregon Duck's tour of the Big Ten Conference continues. The Duck made his way to Ann Arbor Tuesday and East Lansing...

• Haha 1

Posted by KirklandDuck:

The Duck Visits All Stadiums on Big 10 Tour Except...

WWW.SI.COM

The Oregon Duck mascot has been an epic journey visiting its

• Go Ducks! 1

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1