NJDuck

Tennessee Reporter Says Oregon's Strategy is "Just Go Buy Us a Class"; Dan Lanning Proving Otherwise

This guy is Hilarious.  What a joke.  He's ticked off That Oregon's recruiting is this good.  The problem is they have no answer to what Oregon is accomplishing way up in the Pacific Northwest.  So they make stupid comments.  They just can't wrap their brains around it.

Oregon football's NIL backing has taken another shot from the SEC, this time from a Tennessee reporter unhappy about Dan Lanning and company being good at recruiting.

WWW.SI.COM

Have you heard that the Oregon Ducks have a very public benefactor in Phil Knight of Nike? Apparently, that's the only way...

• Applause 1

I’m pretty sure Tennessee participates in “NIL”, and has done so for 50 years +

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/5/2024 at 1:27 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Yes, as the old saying goes "The Pot Calling the Kettle Black." 

• Applause 1

Hey Vols...don't look in the mirror!

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The N.C.A.A. said Tennessee had a culture of wrongful payments to athletes, including cash for hotels, meals and car payments, among other things. The university was fined $8 million but...

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

WWW.NCAA.ORG

Over the course of three seasons, the Tennessee football program committed 18 Level I violations — encompassing more than 200 individual infractions — most of which involved recruiting rules violations and direct payments to prospects, current student-athletes and their families, according to a decision released by a Division I Committee on Infractions panel. An additional four Level I unethical conduct violations occurred involving former university employees. The violations resulted in impermissible inducements and benefits totaling approximately $60,000. As a result, Tennessee failed to monitor its football program. Additionally, due to his personal involvement in the violations, the former football head coach violated head coach responsibility rules.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Cheat’n and lose’n…classic combo 😂 

They’ve had two double digit win seasons since 2004, didn’t realize they’d slipped into 20 years of mediocrity.

Even Beavis manages a 10 win season once a decade.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Haha 3
  • Mic drop 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

That was not a smart career move to be so flippant as a reporter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn’t Tennessee just flip an Oregon commitment? Must be nice without offering an NIL…

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2024 at 11:50 AM, OregonDucks said:

Didn’t Tennessee just flip an Oregon commitment? Must be nice without offering an NIL…

It came from that discussion that we got the TE to commit to us because of a higher NIL offer even though his heart was with Tennessee, which ultimately made him flip.

That being the case his comments were wholly unsubstantiated libel against DL and the Ducks program, but as we know this was a serious case of projecting Tennessee's historical flaws on another program. 

• Applause 1

On 8/5/2024 at 10:27 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Ah, 'projection'.  The sloppiest form of blame when you're the one doing it.  😄

• Applause 1

I did laugh a bit when our high school QB commit said "he looks forward to spending 4 years with Coach Will Stein" Uh, well, he's probably going to be gone in one to three years from now.

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2024 at 1:54 PM, 2002duck said:

I did laugh a bit when our high school QB commit said "he looks forward to spending 4 years with Coach Will Stein" Uh, well, he's probably going to be gone in one to three years from now.

He probably will spend 3-4 years with him, just not with OBD.

On 8/5/2024 at 2:44 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

He probably will spend 3-4 years with him, just not with OBD.

Unlikely, Stein will be a head coach for a program that can't sign him.

Who cares Tennessee? NIL is, has, and has always been a part of big time college football. It's just out in the open now. Much like other things in life that have always happened, but is now just accepted because it's a pointless exercise in calling it illegal. 

Oregon is using their resources to their fullest. USC, Texas, and Florida are just mad because their leadership is apparently too idiotic to do it as well. I mean look at the built in advantages those programs have. Programs like Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Purdue are mad because they will never have the resources to do what Oregon is doing. Oregon is at the Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State level without the history of those guys.

You think it's weird now. Wait until Ohio State hates Oregon more than they ever have Nebraska or Iowa. Taking a five star safety out of their backyard will accelerate this.

Oregon doesn't have the history, in state talent, or big city metropolitan television market. So they've gotten creative and used the resources at their disposal to overcome built in disadvantages. If they hadn't, they'd be stuck on the CW network like Beavis.

Nebraska used some "enhancements" and a preferred walk on program to win five titles. Notre Dame used it's NBC affiliate to build it's brand. Where's the outrage?

I'm done as an Oregon fan trying to explain the real reason Oregon has built itself up. Haters aren't really listening, they never will. So yep. Oregon is richer than your program. They have nicer facilities, better uniforms, and a far brighter future.

Don't get mad at us though. Get mad at your program for being less successful. Maybe you should go to the G5 with Beavis if you can't compete at the big boy level.

Edited by Duckley Palace
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2024 at 4:15 PM, Duckley Palace said:

Wait until Ohio State hates Oregon more than they ever have Nebraska or Iowa.

Yes, but the entire B1G before long.  Why?  Because Lanning already stated in an interview how playing in this league with games back east makes it easier for parents of players to go to games if the players are from that region.  AND the B1G Network allows them to see their son play quite easily.

The last two recruits who verballed to Oregon were from Illinois and Ohio....

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Reggie Bush declined comment.

Can’t bad mouth Tennessee fans who were actually the best opposing fans I’ve ever witnessed in Eugene. What I can say is the big money programs have always bought players and that certainly won’t stop.

Jealousy is a real thing my friends. And now that the playing field is leveled our opponents will say anything they can to try and make themselves feel better. 

Who cares?  He is a reporter from TN, and he is just attempting to report something that he thinks his readers will be interested in and want to hear.  

It’s likely that many TN fans are jealous, and tired of hearing and reading the hype and positives surrounding the Oregon program and Dan Lanning.  

Many TN fans are also saying that Kirby Smart should be fired bc of all of the off-field issues or because we lost to Bama and missed the Playoff.  Many are topping it off by stating that TN would never employ such a terrible person! 🤣😂🤣

Edited by SoGaDawg
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

LOL!!!!!!! They're still mad about Kiffin.

Apparently this reporter has very selective memory.  Tennessee paid big money for Nico Lamaleava.  

Those in the know in Knoxville have said he was paid $8 million.  

I guess that doesn't count????

The last thing I remember from the Oregon game in Knoxville on 9/11/20 after a home game beat down of Tennesse the year before in Autzen was a 48 to 13 Puddles pasting and many the Vols fans deciding to no longer Volunteer vs. Puddles.  

NEXT CASE!

[Vols fans, please insert why a nothing burger Lefty blew out Tennessee back-to-back opting for the coach sucked, we were worried about going on probation. who gives a whip about a game outside of It Just Means More, Peyton was not on campus, Rocky Top got stuck on a bad grove and turned into Rocky What? 

Did I just see LaMike reversing course and going for a TD?

Have a nice day.

On 8/5/2024 at 4:50 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Yes, but the entire B1G before long.  Why?  Because Lanning already stated in an interview how playing in this league with games back east makes it easier for parents of players to go to games if the players are from that region.  AND the B1G Network allows them to see their son play quite easily.

The last two recruits who verballed to Oregon were from Illinois and Ohio....

giphy.gif

Having Illinois hate us is like having Cal or Stanford wish us badly. I think Oregon is already at a higher weight class than the Illini.🤣 I want Michigan and Ohio State to hate us. I'll take Penn State too, heck make that a yearly game. They don't have a true rivalry with any B1G program. Lot's of great recruits in that part of the country as well.

Edited by Duckley Palace
  • Applause 1

On 8/5/2024 at 11:51 PM, Duckley Palace said:

Having Illinois hate us is like having Cal or Stanford wish us badly. I think Oregon is already at a higher weight class than the Illini.🤣 I want Michigan and Ohio State to hate us. I'll take Penn State too, heck make that a yearly game. They don't have a true rivalry with any B1G program. Lot's of great recruits in that part of the country as well.

Red Grange and Dick Butkus have left the building.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2024 at 7:36 PM, SoGaDawg said:

Who cares?  He is a reporter from TN, and he is just attempting to report something that he thinks his readers will be interested in and want to hear.  

It’s likely that many TN fans are jealous, and tired of hearing and reading the hype and positives surrounding the Oregon program and Dan Lanning.  

Many TN fans are also saying that Kirby Smart should be fired bc of all of the off-field issues or because we lost to Bama and missed the Playoff.  Many are topping it off by stating that TN would never employ such a terrible person! 🤣😂🤣

I lived in Marysville Tennessee for a year. Beautiful part of the country. Great people, but some of their football fans may have a couple parts missing. Yelling at me like I was insane just because I walked to the grocery store in a cheaply made Puddles costume.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2024 at 11:56 PM, Duckley Palace said:

I lived in Marysville Tennessee for a year. Beautiful part of the country. Great people, but some of their football fans may have a couple parts missing. Yelling at me like I was insane just because I walked to the grocery store in a cheaply made Puddles costume.

TN has a very passionate fan base, and like any, they have good folks and some not so good folks.  Some of them get a bit testy quickly because they are very proud of TN football and they’ve had to deal with 20+ years of mediocrity.  It does appear that CJH has been very good for their program though, and perhaps they are finally turning things around.  

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2024 at 10:16 PM, SoGaDawg said:

TN has a very passionate fan base, and like any, they have good folks and some not so good folks.  Some of them get a bit testy quickly because they are very proud of TN football and they’ve had to deal with 20+ years of mediocrity.  It does appear that CJH has been very good for their program though, and perhaps they are finally turning things around.  

I actually love a lot of the culture in the South. There was always a joke about how you could tell if you are going north or south in America. Count the length of time a stranger at a rest stop diner will converse with you as you walk in.

In New York you'll get nothing. In Virginia you'll get a hi. North Carolina will get you a question back. South Carolina you'll get asked what your favorite meal is, and asked where you are coming from. In Savannah Georgia you'll be told how they'd like you to check out the Pumpkin Festival.

Edited by Duckley Palace
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2024 at 7:36 PM, SoGaDawg said:

I'm thinking if Smart were available, many Tennessee fans would be salivating...

• Thumbs Up 2

This is in the article: "National writers from Hubb's own organization just contradicted everything he said. Now that's embarrassing, isn't it?"

Peace, out.

• Thanks 1

My wife and I had a great time at Neyland Stadium in 2010 (especially since we won). Nice, hospitable folks, and  great fans. Hate to see any of them getting sidetracked by an in-house blow-hard trying to preach to the choir. 

Head down that road, and it’s like Dan said, your own ice cream cone is melting while you’re lusting after ours.

As I recall, Tennessee had a pay-for-play coach who was into NIL before the approval of NIL and used the coach's chicanery to fire him for cause. 

Here's a bit of Rocky Top irony. Tennessee won a Natty the year AFTER Peyton Manning graduated.😁 

It's worth remembering who the instigator was that started this whole nitwit train rolling: Neuweasel. 

Even when he was walking back his prior comments he was still keeping our "unlimited NIL" in the news cycle. 

Whattadouche. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1