Haywarduck

Not To Look Ahead, But.......

Which game is going to be the toughest going into the latter half of our schedule?

There is always the dawgs, and the cougs, but both programs seem to be in a state of disarray. Both games will be important, but I think we can pull off wins.

The last two games are going to be tough. At Utah isn't going to be easy. Kyle knows how to coach, although Oregon has owned Utah recently, still scary.

The OSU game is the toughest game in my opinion. The Championship game is a week away and it will be hard for these players to stay focused being at home. The beavs will come in playing like their whole season is on the line. Smith is also a very good coach, which also gives me pause. 

Maybe we shouldn't look past the buffs, but why not!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/29/2021 at 2:13 PM, Haywarduck said:

The OSU game is the toughest game in my opinion.

Agreed.  They have the added emotion of loving to hate the Ducks...

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/29/2021 at 2:13 PM, Haywarduck said:

Maybe we shouldn't look past the buffs...

As long as the team does not look past them.  🙂

I don't even think its close to which game will be the toughest for the Ducks. Forever it hasn't mattered that the Ducks had a lot more talent, those Scrappy Beavers always played the Ducks tough. This year the talent scale still favors the Ducks. But the Beavers have more than they have had for a long time.

Never before in the history of this match-up will "Who Wants It More?" be the deciding factor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Depends which team shows up for the Ducks....

The team that played Ohio State and UCLA. Then none of the teams on the schedule, including the South champ, will beat the Ducks and we are off to the Rose Bowl. 

The team that showed up for the other 5 games, then the Beavers will be a tremendous challenge.

The Utah game will be a big challenge but the Ducks prevail, once again on the big stage. Just hope they don't have to drain the tank against the Utes. The Ducks will need it all for the Beavers.

The best scenario is for the Beavs to be 9-2 and our beloved Ducks 10-1. With those records it should be a nationally televised game. Once again the big stage.

Besides the Ducks will be out to prove the committee wrong and that they belong ranked above the Buckeyes.

This is the year the War On The Willamette (I sure hope this is the new name) actually has far reaching implications.

The Beavs have the best rushing attack in the conference. Both teams are tied for 1st in the north. Anthony Brown has to play better than he did against UCLA (zero interceptions); and the defense has to find a way to stop an elite run by committee offense. 

Knock on wood, but this game has the makings of a classic shoot out. The D line will need to be as stiff as ever. The secondary will have their hands full if Chance Nolan decides to be accurate. This is a game that decides who goes to the Alamo Bowl.

Edited by Babyjesus615

Not one tough one.

Three tough ones.

WSU, Utah, OSU.

It ain't gonna be easy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Remaining games ranked by difficulty;

1) Utah 

2)Washington st

3)Oregon st

4)huskies 

On 10/30/2021 at 9:05 PM, Southwest Duck said:

Remaining games ranked by difficulty;

1) Utah 

2)Washington st

3)Oregon st

4)huskies 

This may turn out to be correct.

Gotta love Duck football!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/29/2021 at 5:13 PM, Haywarduck said:

Which game is going to be the toughest going into the latter half of our schedule?

There is always the dawgs, and the cougs, but both programs seem to be in a state of disarray. Both games will be important, but I think we can pull off wins.

The last two games are going to be tough. At Utah isn't going to be easy. Kyle knows how to coach, although Oregon has owned Utah recently, still scary.

The OSU game is the toughest game in my opinion. The Championship game is a week away and it will be hard for these players to stay focused being at home. The beavs will come in playing like their whole season is on the line. Smith is also a very good coach, which also gives me pause. 

Maybe we shouldn't look past the buffs, but why not!

Beavs is a different team on the road. Beat a BAD SC team on the road and that's it.

Will be a hard fought game but the game at Utah IMO will be a bigger challenge.

• Thumbs Up 1