The Kamikaze Kid

Ducks at No. 9 in AP Poll, & No. 6 with Coaches Poll

APNEWS.COM

The official page for the AP Top 25 college football poll, a tradition since 1936. Keep up to date and view the latest ranking updates...

SEC has 6 out of top 7 spots. Ya right. How is USC not in the top 10? Honestly how are they not ahead of the Ducks? BTW, BSU comes in at #27 just outside of the top 25.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmmm. Penn State was terrible yesterday, but they stay at No. 8?  

No. 9 is generous, considering. 

Edited by GeotechDuck

So many years of disrespect, and now I believe we are being given TOO MUCH respect in the polling.  Wowsa.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Not a SUC fan by any stretch but they have beaten a top 20 team and pitched a shut out in a blow out win and they're still not in the top 10.

• Thumbs Up 2

Doesn't really mean anything this early in the season. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I thought we would drop further.

The voters must like us.

The Ducks have not been impressive, especially as the pre-season third ranked team in the country.

A statement win, on the road, against Oregon State would be a great boost for the program.

But I’m nervous.

Are you?

On 9/8/2024 at 1:30 PM, DUCKED said:

But I’m nervous. Are you?

In hindsight, some close scrappy early season wins may be the best thing to happen to this team. Do you see them overlooking anybody on their schedule after just surviving the mighty Idaho at home? When it's fourth quarter gut check time on the road in the BIG, they'll have that roller coaster BSU 4th quarter to remember to help steady nerves.

We all remember Kenny Wheaton's gonna score! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!!

But how many remember Hawaii 36 UO 16? Utah 34 UO 16? WSU 21 UO 7? Oregon was 4-3 going into that game against UW that year. That team rose from a humbling start to a team that knocked off back to  back top ten teams (UW, UA) on it's way to the Pac title and the Rose Bowl.

Another closer than comfort W on the road in Corvallis may be up next but that may also help prep the team for hostile scrappy environments that await in the BIG. The team has the players to be legit top five but may have also found the key humility ingredient to get mentality strong enough for a real playoff run.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Polls are fan fodder this early in the season!  All that matters is they are one of the 12 picked at the end.of the season.  One win at a time is all that matters.  I'm fearful they're going to be wins right now though!

Edited by candyduck
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ducks Stay at 9 in Post Week 3 AP Poll Which is Male Bovine Excrement!

APNEWS.COM

The official page for the AP Top 25 college football poll, a tradition since 1936. Keep up to date and view the latest ranking updates each week.

Lots of football games to be played and most of those SEC schools have to play each other.

It will sort itself out.

However, Michigan and Wisconsin got destroyed by Texas and Bama on the big stage. It left a mark for sure.

For the Ducks ....

Keep improving each practice and each game. Above all, get ready to defend your home turf agaInst tOSU.

Play and execute to your potential and you will be a TOP 10 team.

Go Ducks.....

I prefer the coaches poll at this point as they now just how talented a team is, they couple that with results, where I dont believe the AP does that so much.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/8/2024 at 8:06 PM, candyduck said:

Polls are fan fodder this early in the season!  All that matters is they are one of the 12 picked at the end.of the season.  One win at a time is all that matters.  I'm fearful they're going to be wins right now though!

I suppose it gives us something to talk about. 

The only team I see that has something to gripe about is USC. 

On 9/8/2024 at 11:53 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Not a SUC fan by any stretch but they have beaten a top 20 team and pitched a shut out in a blow out win and they're still not in the top 10.

LSU has proven they are not that great....So that win isn't that meaningful imo.