Charles Fischer

Let's Discuss! CFB College Football GameDay (All Other Games)

We do NOT discuss the Oregon game here, as we will have a separate GameDay thread for our game, but all the others out there in CFB in this thread. (I will delete posts about the Oregon game, as we need to keep the discussions separate) 

Do provide score updates when you can, as well as your thoughts of what you saw.

Anyone watch the 31-7 victory by Kansas State over Arizona?  Sounds like a butt-kicking....

Arizona outclassed by Kansas State in 1st Big 12 test

Mr. FishDuck

I watched most of the first half of the Arizona game. Arizona opened up the game with a beautiful 73-yard TD drive that looked like clockwork. K State then got the ball and did pretty much the exact same thing. 7-7 tie. 

And then, that was all she wrote for Arizona. K State dominated them after that. 

I’m glad Gameday is at USC East. It’s my second favorite venue that I’ve visited. Go Cocks!

IMG_0255.jpeg

Will SC beat LSU again? If they do, will it say anything about USC?

On Wisconsin, though 'Bama will probably win.

Go Memphis, beat Florida State!

Cougars over Huskies!!

Come on, Colorado State, beat Prime!!!

• Applause 1

LSU DE abandons the edge, Gamecocks score.  Gentleman, this is a football.  Seal the edge, cover your receiver ( don't look at the QB), run the ball well and you control the game.  If you have a talent edge, you dominate.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bummer.  Wisconsin starting QB goes out with injury on first possession.   Knee injury with what was a very minimal contact by 'bama.   Early reports, he won't return.

Badgers lead 3-0 essentially because they got field position based on the injured QB's running.

It looks like TVD went down with a knee injury trying to scramble for a first down vs. Bama. I feel bad for the guy.

LaNorris needs to lose the contact lenses and put the glasses back on.

Ack! Horse collar tackle of the LSU QB takes away a pick-6 from South Carolina!

Edited by 30Duck

On 9/14/2024 at 9:34 AM, 30Duck said:

Horse collar tackle of the LSU QB takes away a pick-6 from South Carolina!

Hmm, apparently last year that wouldn't have been a penalty.

Ok yikes, Wisconsin fumbles the ball on the kick return. 

17-0, SC over LSU. LSU looked better against USC.

Wisconsin looks small against the Tide. This game has the potential to turn into a rout for Bama....

Had hoped for a much better game from Whisky. It's early but the Badgers need to sustain a drive and score points.

Stop making mistakes.......

On 9/14/2024 at 10:12 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Wisconsin looks small against the Tide. This game has the potential to turn into a route for Bama....

Had hoped for a much better game from Whisky. It's early but the Badgers need to sustain a drive and score points.

Stop making mistakes.......

I think their chances for an upset left with TVD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Touchdown for LSU makes it 17-7, SC immediately fumbles on their 18 yard line. 

Boston College up early at Missouri, 13-3.

Edited by 30Duck

Not much D here, SC 24- LSU 16

Defense shows up! LSU had it first and goal from the 6, SC says, "No way!"

LSU got lucky with only having to deal with Robbie Ashford. They should win this easily.

For those who don't remember.....Ashford:  Oregon>Auburn>S. Carolina

Apparently revised kick off time in Eugene:  12:45

On 9/14/2024 at 2:46 PM, HDuck said:

For those who don't remember.....Ashford:  Oregon>Auburn>S. Carolina

Apparently revised kick off time in Eugene:  12:45

They moved the game to Eugene? This should anger the Beavis fans even more.

• Haha 2

These refs love them som LSU Tigers. 

Swinson stripped Ashford. Some ex-Duck on ex-Duck crime going on.

• Wow 1

Not much comments on other games now that OBD are playing.  LOL

Looks like UW will lose to Wazzu

Cougs will be feasting on apples unless the “Coug” it.

On 9/14/2024 at 4:00 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Cougs will be feasting on apples unless the “Coug” it.

And that one is going to sting for a long time for the Huskies.

With 11:30 left in the 2nd quarter, Kentucky 3, Georgia 0

Notre Dame did bounce back from their loss to NIU, 66-3 to Purdue.

• Wow 1

Next week, Purdue @ Oregon State

Halftime: Kentucky 6 Georgia 3

• Wow 1

UW:  the first former member to lose to a PAC-12 team.

awesome

• Haha 3

Not football, but this is crazy!

DEFECTOR.COM

Cinema tells us that when a batter steps into the box and the catcher proceeds to tell him which pitch is coming, the catcher...

Kentucky 9 Georgia 3. The Bulldogs are driving, towards what could be their first touchdown in the game. 

No TD for Georgia, 9-6, Kentucky. Seriously, Georgia has looked worse in this game than the Ducks looked in either of their first two. Kentucky is 1-1, they opened with a win over Southern Miss, last week lost to South Carolina, 31-6. 

Final: No.1Georgia 13 Kentucky 12

Edited by 30Duck

The box score says there were 57,000 for the Apple Cup in a 68,000 stadium.   Last week the Huskies had 64,000 at home for E. Michigan.

A big win for WSU that apparently a bunch of WSU fans refused to attend.

Yep the Dawgs looked absolutely flat until the 4th Q in the win over Kentucky. Don't mean this as an excuse because there is no excuse, but rumor around Dawgland is that the Dawg players were largely focused on the following game against Alabama and took Kentucky for granted--something you can't do for road games in the SEC.

Actually, the defensive performance was OK. The Dawgs still have given up no touchdowns, only field goals this season. But tonight's offensive performance was lackluster to say the best. But give Kentucky credit for they played well and always do when we play them at their place.

I expect the Dawgs to drop 3-4 polling spots in the rankings this coming week. Strange as this may sound, I suspect Kirby will actually enjoy becoming an underdog to Bama and Texas and will use it to his advantage with a team that may have been becoming a little too full of themselves. While the Dawgs do have a couple of notable weaknesses IMHO, I expect them to play far better at their next game in Tuscaloosa.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/15/2024 at 1:17 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

Yep the Dawgs looked absolutely flat until the 4th Q in the win over Kentucky. Don't mean this as an excuse because there is no excuse, but rumor around Dawgland is that the Dawg players were largely focused on the following game against Alabama and took Kentucky for granted--something you can't do for road games in the SEC.

Actually, the defensive performance was OK. The Dawgs still have given up no touchdowns, only field goals this season. But tonight's offensive performance was lackluster to say the best. But give Kentucky credit for they played well and always do when we play them at their place.

I expect the Dawgs to drop 3-4 polling spots in the rankings this coming week. Strange as this may sound, I suspect Kirby will actually enjoy becoming an underdog to Bama and Texas and will use it to his advantage with a team that may have been becoming a little too full of themselves. While the Dawgs do have a couple of notable weaknesses IMHO, I expect them to play far better at their next game in Tuscaloosa.

I suspect Kentucky got caught looking ahead to this game when USC blew them out last weekend. They played hard against UGA.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anybody else notice that USC lost to LSU by a score of 33-36 and missed a last second FG to tie the game?

image.png.c6c9e78c7937f73bf54fcb8d82ee80ff.png

On 9/15/2024 at 6:17 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Did anybody else notice that USC lost to LSU by a score of 33-36 and missed a last second FG to tie the game?

How the original Twilight Zone began, plus see the TV show's iconic opening (1959-1965) - Click ...

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2024 at 6:17 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

image.png.c6c9e78c7937f73bf54fcb8d82ee80ff.png

I did notice and this was arguably he most exciting SEC game of he day. I say arguably because given their recent success, there were viewers all over the country who were watching, and in many cases hoping, that Kentucky would upset the Dawgs in Lexington.

I love the fact that the B1G won one and lost one to the PAC over the weekend, and the right teams won while the deserving teams lost!

Bwaa Haaa, Chortle, chortle, yuk, yuk!

Edited by PittDuck
Spelling…
  • Haha 1