Charles Fischer

Husky Fans THRILLED With Oregon at No. 1...

As soon as you saw the title...you started laughing, right?  You all know how noble I am...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

From a Washington Football Forum:

"Oregon will be No. 1 for awhile and it really sucks. They’re about to be a lot more obnoxious. Cake walk of a schedule too from here on out."

"I give them a lot of credit. They do what it takes to win. They are serious players. They spend money to win a championship, and they have a rich sugar daddy who funds them. I despise them like no other but am a little jealous of it all. We still act like the NIL doesn’t exist and are not as passionate as them and others. These are the new rules, and you either play the game or get left behind."

"Top five team and will be consistently top 10. Will begin each season with few in any weaknesses."

"They recruit national and are perennial top 5-10 in 24/7 High School rankings. They pay to acquire the talent, and any hole in their starting 22 for the following year will be addressed by finding the best avail player at that position thru NIL. A fan base any school would love to have for their program. If they don't make the Playoff Semifinals minimum this year, they had some type of major major malfunction."

"Makes it better when they lose late. They will. They’re the Ducks."

AP Top 25: Oregon is No. 1 for first time since 2012, Michigan drops out |  FOX Sports

"Honestly the rest of their regular season doesn’t even really matter. They’ll make the playoff. Just need to root for them to lose to Ohio State in Indy, which I think they lose by multiple scores if last week’s game is anywhere else. Then they’ll get the 5-seed, not have a bye and lose in the quarters or semis."

"The Ducks now have a big target on their backs. Many big time programs say the UO style is to lose big games late in the year. And even though Texas lost today, the UW should be a major source of NIL $ because Seattle metro has the resources like Austin. I cannot believe the UW lacks deep uber wallets for football, because there is enough wealth here + football history. Besides UW has the best setting for football, period."

"They cheat and are scumbags, but so is Ohio State and the Ducks won a tough game against an established high level program with a ton of NFL players on that roster."

"Sickens me but it’s absolutely true. The way they run their program is the way that an elite program should be run if it’s legitimately expecting to compete for championships in this new landscape of college football. Gotta shell out the dollars and resources big time!"

"I'm not sure what your point is. Oregon won those games and yes, there were early season struggles, but they won both of those games. Do you think UW would beat Boise State? I don't."

1000010523.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Ahhh, things that make the weekend that much better!!  Ducks win and Huskies whine.

Sounds like many of them Dogs fans have moved through Shock, Denial and Anger and are now just getting into Bargaining.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/20/2024 at 5:52 PM, jrw said:

Sounds like many of them Dogs fans have moved through Shock, Denial and Anger and are now just getting into Bargaining.

It looks like acceptance from them, and dare I say....RESPECT?

She knows....

1696697792290.jpeg

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/20/2024 at 6:01 PM, Charles Fischer said:

looks like acceptance from them, and dare I say....RESPECT?

Very grudgingly. The paws must have hurt typing that, but through all those barks it came through. 

Speaking of all that NIL... .

If this is true then it is certainly interesting. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I keep scrolling down and can't find ewe dub in the polls. I guess I need a new computer with a 20 plus foot screen.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/20/2024 at 10:43 PM, David Marsh said:

Speaking of all that NIL... .

If this is true then it is certainly interesting. 

Shhhhhhhhh.  That doesn’t fit the national narrative…

Edited by OregonDucks

Yes! Unlimited Phil Knight money strikes again! Lanning does more with less than the B1G boys...

The pups are now sitting in their quiet little dog house licking their sore little butts with no windows to look out through.

Speaking of sore butts, when are they going to disinfect the drag marks in the tunnel to the fuskie locker room floor?

Too much?

I'm not feeling very noble, today!

• Thumbs Up 1

Washington fans admitting that Oregon is actually good, Trojan fans and former players can't believe what is going on with their team, all the while Oregon sits at No.1. It's Oregon B1G Time!

• Thumbs Up 3

For those who did not see this in another thread...it is from the Trojan Wire site where they are wringing their hands...

----------------------------------------

"Meanwhile, USC’s Western competitor, the Oregon football machine, is now No. 1 in the poll.

It’s a worst-case scenario for USC football under Lincoln Riley."

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

And, as if the Huskies didn't win close games against lesser talented teams last year. How quickly we forget....