Charles Fischer

Herbert: 60 Yards in the Air? Insane!

You gotta see it to believe it!

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Not many QB’s can make those types of throws. He can make that throw off his back foot.

Herbert is a great athlete. I am sure he would have done well in baseball, basketball, etc. 

He has made me a Charger fan.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 11/12/2021 at 10:45 AM, Confused said:

Justin was the most  talented QB ever at Oregon in my opinion?  Adams was second.  I know I’m seldom right but that’s just my opinion. 

I have always liked Adams too.   What a shame that he was just one thumb injury away from NFL greatness.   He would've been like Russell Wilson or even better.  But not sure he was second best from Oregon though, depending on how you define it I guess.  As far as NFL success, Dan Fouts has to be up there.  Let's hope Herbert stays upright and keeps performing!

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, this was a 55 yard pass in the air.  He threw it at the 25... 25 to the 50 is 25 yards.

It was caught on the 20.... 50 to the 20 is 30 more.   25+30=55

No matter.  He's got a cannon. He can probably throw it 70 if his feet get set right.

On 11/12/2021 at 11:40 AM, Jon Sousa said:

t was caught on the 20.... 50 to the 20 is 30 more.   25+30=55

Straight on, that is correct.  But the key word in the Tweet was across the field, which adds distance and difficulty.

Or we can disagree; no biggie.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Straight on, that is correct.  But the key word in the Tweet was across the field, which adds distance and difficulty.

No need to disagree when we have the Pythagorean formula gentlemen! Distance is square root of total of width of throw squared plus length of throw squared. About 60 yards assuming 25 yard horizontal travel (about half width of field)

Edited by DuckPhan19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/12/2021 at 12:01 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Straight on, that is correct.  But the key word in the Tweet was across the field, which adds distance and difficulty.

Ah!!!! I didn't take a look at that... Let me see.....    

Just inside the numbers to about 2 yards inside the numbers on a pro field.  a2 + b2 = c2
552 + 202 = c2

3025 + 400 = c2

58.52 = c

So, yeah, he threw it about 60 yards. Good catch.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/12/2021 at 8:04 PM, Jon Sousa said:

Ah!!!! I didn't take a look at that... Let me see.....    

Just inside the numbers to about 2 yards inside the numbers on a pro field.  a2 + b2 = c2
552 + 202 = c2

3025 + 400 = c2

58.52 = c

So, yeah, he threw it about 60 yards. Good catch.

You found the exponent key! My attempt to write out the Pythagorean theorem was less than clear 😆 

Who else is here for the math? I'm betting 4.25:1.16 odds this is the first Duck thread with a theorem. 

Love it.

Go Ducks

On 11/13/2021 at 1:24 PM, nw777b said:

Who else is here for the math? I'm betting 4.25:1.16 odds this is the first Duck thread with a theorem. 

Love it.

Go Ducks

We have academic prowess along with the leading football program in the West. How 'bout that? (Also I always knew Herbie was capable of greatness like this, really sad he didn't have the receiving corps Oregon has now, due to various factors).

• Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone invited Jimmy lake to discuss this thread. There’s real prowess on this board. 
I hear he has a night off. 
Im gonna go eat some 3.14

• Haha 3

On 11/13/2021 at 12:55 PM, DuckPhan19 said:

You found the exponent key! My attempt to write out the Pythagorean theorem was less than clear 😆 

Actually, I didn't. I did that in Word and then copied and pasted. (note the different font that was imported)

It was fun and gave me something to do waiting for Saturday.

I like the "prowess" word being thrown around here.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/13/2021 at 11:56 PM, Jon Sousa said:

I like the "prowess" word being thrown around here.

Pythagorean prowess, it’s an Oregon thing.