David Marsh

Bye Bye Jimmy (Lake)

Turns out Washington is firing Lake. Though I am slightly surprised they are not firing him for cause.

On 11/14/2021 at 1:24 PM, David Marsh said:

Though I am slightly surprised they are not firing him for cause.

I can only think that "Cause" would take a lot more time and effort. UW would rather just pay Lake to leave.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

THIS is a tough fire even for cause. The PC crowd will be piling on for not giving an African-American HC at least another season after 'winning' the North in 2020.

Joe Moorhead?

• Thumbs Up 1

The University of Washington isn't the kind of place that is going to patiently wait for Lake to get it together. His true last day was the day they lost to Montana. The proud Husky football tradition wasn't even patient enough to really give Peterson a chance to succeed there. They obviously have vast financial resources to draw from. I wonder who they will go out and get?  

On 11/14/2021 at 1:31 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Joe Moorhead?

Would Washington fans even tolerate someone who just coached at Oregon? Probably not. 

I don't know if Moorhead wants to deal with Cristobal. 

Washington may try to dip into the Petersen tree again... Or try to find someone splashy. Washington thinks they are desirable job wise... But all the big names right now will probably turn them down. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/14/2021 at 1:36 PM, latracey said:

The proud Husky football tradition wasn't even patient enough to really give Peterson a chance to succeed there.

The day one question that Petersen got in his introductory press conference was "how long until you beat Oregon" the answer... Two years and the complete collapse of the Oregon program... Then two wins, until Cristobal turns the program around and back to losing. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Rolovich?? LOL

got to admit it would be hilarious--- 

• Haha 5

HE GONE!

Bruce Feldman : Sitake, -BYU; Norvell - NV; DeBoer- Fresno; Wilcox - CAL; Moorhead -OC Ducks; Brennan - San Jose St; Kelly, - UCLA.

The coaches portal will continue to grow. 

Good for Oregon.

• Haha 1

Leach maybe lookin for a new job soon🤣

Personally I recommend Clay Helton,  just sayin

• Haha 2

On 11/14/2021 at 1:31 PM, Jon Joseph said:

The PC crowd will be piling on

… for assault on natl tv and apparently another assault in the locker room. the PC crowd doesn’t like jimmy either

There will not be a quick fix for either USC, or Washington. Both of those Universities want to crush the Ducks, but they will need a good coach and recruiter. I am not so sure well known names want either job.

However, money can move a mountain. 

Should be interesting to watch. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/14/2021 at 1:54 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Personally I recommend Clay Helton,  just sayin

Southern Georgia just hired him. (I think it was South Georgia... It was a directional school in Georgia for sure). 

• Haha 2

man, phones must be ringing off the hook for G5 head coaches and P5 OC and DC's with all these job openings... i mean you'll be fired after a year but at least you'll still get your buyout

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/14/2021 at 2:09 PM, Drake said:

There will not be a quick fix for either USC, or Washington. Both of those Universities want to crush the Ducks, but they will need a good coach and recruiter. I am not so sure well known names want either job.

However, money can move a mountain. 

Should be interesting to watch. 

IDK

They have a frosh QB that is as good as,  if not better than our talent.  The kid is dynamite.

Sorry guys.  I'd take that job in a heartbeat.  They have talent.  The right coach will stabilize the program, them turn on the jets.

The right coach will put them in contention year two.

On 11/14/2021 at 1:47 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Bruce Feldman : Sitake, -BYU; Norvell - NV; DeBoer- Fresno; Wilcox - CAL; Moorhead -OC Ducks; Brennan - San Jose St; Kelly, - UCLA.

I could see Norvell or DeBoer having mutual interest. Maybe even Brennan. 

I Wilcox I give a maybe... This is the second year in a row that Wilcox has been derailed by covid. He might be interested in Washington as they do have more resources or I could see him wanting to stay put. Moving too much means constant rebuild rather than an actual build. 

I see Washington looking for a successful group of 5 coach. 

As for Kelly... He is not leaving UCLA for Washington and if he is fired no one is going to hire him. Also Kelly won't be fired at UCLA until mid January so he will have to leave... Which may be possible... But I don't think he'd find any more success as Washington than he has at UCLA. 

Moorhead... Possible but unlikely... I think he has been given some insight into the hatred of the Oregon and Washington and I don't think he wants to be on Cristobal's bad side. I think he gives the Washington job a pass if he is looking for a new HC gig. 

There is no "CAUSE" because when Jen suspended him, she said they found his actions "weren't intentional".  So she shot herself in the foot (probably in her mouth at the time) when she said that.

On 11/14/2021 at 2:50 PM, Steven A said:

There is no "CAUSE" because when Jen suspended him, she said they found his actions "weren't intentional". 

True... But there was also an investigation going on for other incidents where they may have found another one... They honestly didn't dig too deeply. 

Overall this just became an excuse to fire him and they'll happily pay him to leave. So we will just have to see who they pick next. 

On 11/14/2021 at 2:42 PM, Mike West said:

The right coach will put them in contention year two.

Yes... It would be possible... But will they hire the right person? They don't have a great track record at this time. 

On 11/14/2021 at 2:15 PM, David Marsh said:

Southern Georgia just hired him. (I think it was South Georgia... It was a directional school in Georgia for sure). 

Gawd Darnit!!!

At least Husky recruiting will be up in the air for a year or 2.

No doubt a university of Washington's academic prowess will have no difficulty attracting qualified candidates. 

On 11/14/2021 at 12:42 PM, David Marsh said:

I could see Norvell or DeBoer having mutual interest. Maybe even Brennan. 

I Wilcox I give a maybe... This is the second year in a row that Wilcox has been derailed by covid. He might be interested in Washington as they do have more resources or I could see him wanting to stay put. Moving too much means constant rebuild rather than an actual build. 

I see Washington looking for a successful group of 5 coach. 

As for Kelly... He is not leaving UCLA for Washington and if he is fired no one is going to hire him. Also Kelly won't be fired at UCLA until mid January so he will have to leave... Which may be possible... But I don't think he'd find any more success as Washington than he has at UCLA. 

Moorhead... Possible but unlikely... I think he has been given some insight into the hatred of the Oregon and Washington and I don't think he wants to be on Cristobal's bad side. I think he gives the Washington job a pass if he is looking for a new HC gig. 

I don’t think Moorhead would  give a hoot about being on Cristobal’s bad side, whatever that is. Was Kirby Smart concerned about upsetting Saban? Moorhead, I assume, wants to be a head coach again, and the resources, fan base,  and paycheck, at Washington would be very difficult to turn down.