Charles Fischer

ESPN Power Index: Oregon Has a WHOPPING 7% Chance of Making the Playoff

Unbelievable.  I hope this motivates the team as it appears that NONE of the goodwill created by beating Ohio State for the first EVER resides with the powers-that-be.

They would tell me to cheer up, as their odds for us have doubled in the last week from 3% to 7%!  The official table of odds is right here....

Forum Only The Duck.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/17/2021 at 11:20 AM, RichardDuck said:

And ESPN's Playoff Predictor has Oregon's odds of making CFP if it wins out at only 45%.

ACC? Out

B12? 12-1 OR has a better win, at OH ST, than does a 12-1 OK, or a 12-1 OK ST.

B1G?  Would a 11-1 MI with the L coming at home vs Ohio State get in over a 12-1 conference champ OR that won at OH ST? NO.

AAC?  At he end of the day 13-0 Cincy's SOS will continue to stink. But if the CT is going to bench any 12-1 P5 champ in favor of a 13-0 Cincy, it is the Pac-12 that will be screwed.

SEC? Unless the fix is in I have no idea why so many 'experts' believe that this Bama team will beat UGA? I think UGA wins by 10 or more points? Bama has not run the ball well all season long, except against the smurfs on the schedule, and the run game is not going to magically appear against this UGA D. I will not be surprised if Bama is pressed by Arkansas on Saturday and/or suffers an L at Auburn. Bama has lost its last 2 games at Auburn.

Notre Dame? A whole lot of chaos would have to happen for an 11-1 ND team with a home L vs a G5 to get in.

If Oregon wins out and I think it will and Ohio State wins out and I think it will, the Ducks are in the PO. If the Ducks cannot defeat Utah and OR ST Oregon does not deserve a spot in the PO. Beating Utah twice will not be easy but Oregon has a much better and deeper roster than the Utes and the Beavers.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/17/2021 at 8:54 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I have no idea why so many 'experts' believe that this Bama team will beat UGA? I

Galloway doesn't even think UGA has to beat Bama. 

Come on Mario, you're almost there!

5uj73w-1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I remember way back when OrSt went to the Fiesta bowl to play ND. Talking heads were saying that OrSt didn't belong there. Then OrSt put a

whooping on ND. We can only hope that Oregon gets a shot in the CFP Invitational. Might shut a few talking heads up.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/17/2021 at 10:28 AM, GODUCKS15 said:

Might shut a few talking heads up.

The same ones that gave the Ducks no chance in Columbus? Winning it all this year would be sweeter because of them. 

ESPN is simply a shadow of its once proud self. Remember the more these clowns make outright blatant, controversial statements, the more clicks and hits they get.

When it's time to renew their contracts, the little mouse kingdom looks at who drives the ratings highest. Stupid, outrageous and controversial sell.

So far the only common sense statement was from Heather Dinich. She mentioned she would not be surprised if the IC had tOSU jump the Ducks in the rankings. Beating a top 10 team should have value. Head to head should have more value. Unless it doesn't fit the narrative.

I guess beating cream puff G5 teams has more value than playing a tough P5 schedule.

Do any of you feel that Cincinnati could close their schedule with away at Utah, home vs Oregon State then away at Oregon? Or better yet  Home vs Baylor, away at Oklahoma then home vs OK State 

the little mouse kingdom and its IC insults all P5 conferences and the value of their schedules.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/17/2021 at 10:48 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Remember the more these clowns make outright blatant, controversial statements, the more clicks and hits they get.

This morning on "Get Up". not surprisingly the talk centered on Cincinnati. Paul Finebaum must not have got the memo; he's not a Cincy fan. He turned the discussion around and stated that a 2 loss Big 10 Champ had more right to a Playoff slot than did an undefeated Cincinnati.  What a 2 L team would do to Oregon's chances wasn't brought up.

In my opinion, if Oregon wins out, regardless of tOSU winning out, they are in.  If Cincy was going to be ahead of the Ducks, they would already be ahead of the Ducks. 

tOSU, Michigan, Michigan St. all play each other, so there are going to be 2 more losses between those 3 teams.  Only 1 B1G Ten team can have 1 loss. I see Oregon ending up behind the B1G Ten champ in the final poll.

ND has no signature win, unless people call beating Wisconsin with 3 losses a signature win.

Even if Alabama beats Georgia, nothing changes in the top 4.  Those 2 teams, Oregon and a 1 loss B1G Ten champ.

There is always something in winning your games on your schedule, but not every schedule is the same.  Houston may be 9-1, but their lone loss was against Texas Tech.  TT is 6-4.

The playoff committe has 3 people linked with Pac 12 schools.  I don't see the Ducks getting left out if they win out.

On 11/17/2021 at 7:42 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Unbelievable.  I hope this motivates the team as it appears that NONE of the goodwill created by beating Ohio State for the first EVER resides with the powers-that-be.

They would tell me to cheer up, as their odds for us have doubled in the last week from 3% to 7%!  The official table of odds is right here....

Forum Only The Duck.jpg

I hate ESPN and their such a tool! They really don't have any credibility with their " FAKE NEW'S " and this crap they put out there. They should be called out for what they are FAKE.

On 11/17/2021 at 11:59 AM, 30Duck said:

Galloway doesn't even think UGA has to beat Bama. 

That says all you need to know regarding Joey Galloway. An 11-2 non-champ will get in with a loss at 3L, #16 A+M, and an L in its champ game? But 11-1 Michigan with a loss vs #4 or higher, , 13-0 Cincy, 1L OK, 1L OK ST, 1L Notre Dame, do not get in? Joey is an ESPN mouthpiece who does not follow CFB in depth. His Virtual Lock picks are flat out embarrassing.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1